1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Astros vs Braves preseason

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by fatman510, Mar 6, 2004.

1. fatman510

fatman510 Member

Stros win 9-3. Pettite 2 scoreless innings, Taylor Buchholz allows all the runs with a 3 run inning. Kent goes 2-2.
    Nice to see Pettite is pitching well.

2. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

Too bad none of the Stros' games are on tv. I can't wait till opening night, I think ESPN is carrying the game.

3. JPM0016

JPM0016 Contributing Member

\

I know they are airing Clemens first game, but not sure about opening day

4. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

Speaking of Spring Training, did you guys see that Oakland/Anaheim score?? Wow. 26-3.

I found myself in Tampa last March with my job, and got to go see Boston play Toronto at the Blue Jays' spring training facilities in Duneiden. It was awesome seeing the Major Leaguers so close to the fans and playing in such a small stadium. The towns really gets behind the teams, also. It was a lot of fun to sit out there in the sun and watch some quality baseball and I would recommend to any MLB fan to take a trip down there to catch some games sometime. It's really cool stuff and quite different than the somewhat sterile feel of MLB stadiums and experiences.

5. Castor27

Castor27 Moderator
    Staff Member

Actually ESPN2 will be carrying a coupel of the ST games at the end of the month. Not sure on the dates but if you check the schedule at astros.com you can find them.

6. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

The Astros do have 2 ST game carried by ESPN. my mistake.

March 26
    vs MON
    12:05 PM
    ESPN2

April 1
    @ ATL
    12:05 PM
    ESPN2

ALso, I was wrong. They aren't carrying the opening game. They are carrying Clemen's start. You were right JPM0016

7. Austin70

Austin70 Contributing Member

I know this is off the subject a little bit but I have tickets for the April 18 game and I was wonder if I was right in saying that Clemens would start that game.

8. Buck Turgidson

Barring an injury-mandated shuffling of the rotation, yes he will start that game.

9. Austin70

Austin70 Contributing Member

Thanks Buck, I got the tickets cuz it was a Sunday game and I figured it would have been my luck to get Redding, but I got lucky this time.

Hey, one more question, I am going to be in Houston next week, what sporting goods place in town sells the Astros jersey t-shirts?

10. PhiSlammaJamma

For those in the DC area, the Birds vs. Astros will be televised locally on Comcast. Enjoy.