1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Astros: Pick a big bat free agent

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by BigSherv, Oct 18, 2006.

1. jev5555

jev5555 ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

carl crawford...okay so he's not a fa...but it's a move that can be made.

2. rhino17

rhino17 Member

Soriano is a good bat, if Lee a great OF? I'm pretty sure Soriano is much better and much more proven than Richard Hidalgo. Anyway, I dont really care which of the 2 they get, as long as they get some big bat.

3. msn

msn Member

What's it going to cost in terms of talent? How much money and how many years left on his contract? Is he still under club control? ('Cuz if he is, he's going to cost half the farm.)

4. OldManBernie

OldManBernie Old Fogey

That'd be my first choice also especially if he can handle the CF. He'd be a helluva leadoff guy IMO. I'd also try to take a cheap but decent bat like "Moist Hands" Alou. That will give us ample money to pick up another starting pitcher (#1 priority IMO).

5. superden

superden Member

Why limit ourselves? Lets get both of them! Then we trade Lidge and Everett for Tejada. We can have Lee, Soriano, Berkman, and Tejada on our team! We can also go get Zito or Willis! Resign Pettitte and get Clemens to come back. Roy, Clemens, Zito/Willis, Pettitte, Whoever wants to pitch 5th.

Let me stay in my dream world please. Thanks.

6. MadMax

MadMax Member

his contract is too favorable and he's too good for the D-Rays to trade him.

7. imoffg33

imoffg33 Member

neither
    soriano is 31
    carlos lee is really not that good. put him on a productive team and he will be the most overpaid player there. he will be good, but not as productive as expected