1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

As we drink the Morey Kool-Aid...We are all Guilty

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by reupdadj1, Feb 13, 2010.

1. sums41

sums41 Member

haha. yeah i know, if my wikipedia serves me right, the expression comes from the Jonestown Massacre, in any case, you hear this expression thrown around in political circles all the time, gets kind of annoying i think.

2. tmacROX1

tmacROX1 Member

what a terrible title it made me thirsty! kool aid huh

3. Hak34

Hak34 Member

You truely are a nimrod. I don't think I have had a more idiotic conversation with someone ever.

Did I say anywhere that Charlotte or Memphis was championship caliber? And to be quite honest with your r****ded ass, Houston isn't any closer to a championship then Memphis.

Yes yes the Rockets that was built under CD made the playoffs. Yao, Tmac ect ect. Now that there is no Yao, no TMac and its Morey's Landry, Scola, and Brooks are the Rox on pace to make the playoffs? Oh ok now STFU.

I never said Morey is falling behind those two franchises, but unless you have no concept of space and time, its now 16 years after the fact that the Rox have won their titles. Hell, alot of teams can play this game. The Supersonics won a title, so did the Bullets, I believe the Warriors did too. You don't get to hang your hat on titles that are damn near 2 decades old. Nice to have, but in no way reflect the franchise now. This team does not have Hakeem, Clyde, Thorpe, Maxwell, Elie, Cassel, or Horry waiting to pull it out.

So once again, for the stupid. YOU asked what other GM has a team doing near as well without any superstar talent. I GAVE YOU TWO teams. Not that hard moron.

1 person likes this.
  4. BONIERO1576

BONIERO1576 Member

A GM doesn't need to bat 1.000, he just needs to succeed in 75% of what he does. There's gonna be injuries, certain players aren't gonna pan out for myriad reasons. At the end of the day he has made the team better without going into hock or even using our best assest, so for now he gets good marks.

In actuality this won't be Morey's team until after next summer when pretty much every contract will be his and no one will be left over from the Dawson era. Save your judgment till then.

5. cardpire

cardpire Member

correct.

6. worzel gummidge

yay, let's all panic because the mavs traded for butler.

7. v3.0

v3.0 Member

Au contraire mon frere, you need to listen to yourself sometimes.

It's called sarcasm. I realized what kind of numbnut I was dealing with and started answering like I would to a numbnut. I know you didn't say Charlotte and Memphis were championship caliber, I was pointing out the fact those weren't compelling answers as you make them out to be. It only proves that Morey isn't behind as much as the sky is falling crowd makes him out to be just because he hasn't made a deal yet.

And for your "Houston isn't any closer to a championship then Memphis" softball toss, wanna guess why? It's because we are without about 40 million dollars worth of players from our roster! Take away 40 million from any other team (including the Grizz) and see how they fare. And I don't remember the Rockets living off of lottery picks like the Grizz either.

But hey, if you want a patronizing pat on the head for coming up with those teams that really don't make any argument against Morey, well then *patting you on the head*. Satisfied?

They are 2 games back from the last spot, which is more then most here projected from the start of the season. If you can't recognize the accomplishment in that, then find another team to cry about.

I haven't written them off from the playoff picture yet but not ready to b**** and moan (like some crybabies here) about Morey if they don't.

Plus CD put mostly mediocre players around Yao and TMac. I can't say he did a bang up job getting role players like Morey has. And getting Yao and Tmac were not his brainchilds either. He just happened to be the GM. Morey has been way more hands on then CD.

And how the eff does Morey get the blame for that 16 year absence of a title, you freaking dumbass? :rolleyes: Oh, that's right, you never said that. Well no one ever brought up the 16 year absence until bitter old man said it just now. Somehow your dumbass mind translated Charlotte and Memphis being the laughingstock of the NBA in recent years = the Rockets lack of titles in 16 years. Does that make any sense at all you r****d?

Nice of you to reminisce and extrapolate past disappointments to Morey and the current Rockets' report card, but you sound like an old bitter fart, to tell you the truth.

You're very dense in a bad way. In your haste to name 2 teams and say "Durr, Scoreboard! Arff! Arff! arff!!", you keep ignoring the point I've been making in all of this. Which is Morey has been doing as good as a job as other GMs around the league given the predicament he was given starting from the end of last season.

Your Charlotte and Memphis examples are laughable if that is what you want to hang your argument on. If you think their GMs have done such a great job and better then Morey, please tell me why they are fighting for the last playoff spots also. Morey has his 2 reasons, what's theirs? Yeah that's what I thought, STFU.

But hey everybody, Hak34 NAMED 2 TEAMS WITHOUT SUPERSTAR TALENT DOING AS WELL AS THE ROCKETS!!! HE'S GOT SCOREBOARD!!! Give him a round of applause!!! :grin:

1 person likes this.
  8. Hak34

Hak34 Member

Seems to me you are uncapable of reading comprehension.

Let me help the stupid along.

And Ill paraphrase for the slow.

"Name me any other GM who has a team doing as well as the rockets without a superstar"

To which I pointed out Memphis and Charlotte

"You are claiming they are a better franchise??? LOLWHUT?? Morey is better, Rockets is better, toyota center is better, the earth is flat, and E=MC2."

You stupid freaking tard. Go back and look at the ownage I laid upon your feet. I understand you are frustrated that it took me all of 2 seconds to debunk your terrible excuse for an argument, but ONCE again for your stupid, uncomprehending ass. Two teams that are doing as well or better without a superstar (which was YOUR question) is Memphis and Charlotte. Zero superstars, Memphis has the lowest payroll in the league, and Ill wager that I could probably shave off alot of dough if I counted up their injuries and started subtracting payroll like you want to do with the Rockets. Hell I could through New Orleans out there too being that their defacto superstar has been injured a large chunck of this season, and by your OWN parameters NO fits the bill.

I know its hard being made a fool on the internet, but try to maintain your composure.

9. v3.0

v3.0 Member

THAT'S RIGHT EVERYBODY, HACK34 HAS SCOREBOARD! HE NAMED 2 CRAP TEAMS DOING ABOUT THE SAME AS THE ROCKETS THEREFORE MOREY SUCKS ASS!!! AND NOH, WHAT OWNAGE NAMING ANOTHER ALSO RAN TEAM AND THIS TIME IT'S WITHOUT THEIR SUPERSTAR, CLEARLY THEIR GM IS GREATER.

Does anybody else get my point that Morey is doing better then most GMs in the league? That was the whole point of my original question.

Hack, you have no ownage when you don't have the comprehension to understand the original point to my question and keep ignoring it everytime I bring it up. No point in explaining further to you when you keep yelling "BUT I NAMED 2 TEAMS! ARFF ARRF ARRF!" whenever I tell you Morey is doing ok given the circumstances. You'd rather have Charlotte's or Memphis' GMs instead? Why don't you argue that point which I'm trying to make.

But since you're dense, I'll explain one more time for you; YOUR 2 TEAMS ARE TOILET WORTHY EXAMPLES OF GM'S DOING BETTER THEN MOREY. I WOULD TAKE MOREY OVER THEIR GMs AND THE NOH GM AS WELL. THAT IS MY WHOLE POINT IN NAMING GMs WITHOUT SUPERSTARS DOING JUST AS WELL AS THE ROCKETS.

GOT A PROBLEM WITH THAT? BLOW ME.

10. Artesticles

Artesticles Member

LOL I guess Morey gives me no choice to drink his Kool-Aid after this robbery of a trade.