1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Arian Foster - Hawaii Five-0

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by tecmotexans, Feb 12, 2013.

1. tecmotexans

tecmotexans Member

Lock if already posted:

“Pa’ ani” – It’s an All-Pro football weekend in Hawaii and while Danny obsesses about the big game, Five-0 investigates the murder of a tech executive with the help of a star football player, on HAWAII FIVE-0, Monday, Feb. 18 (10:00-11:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network. The Houston Texans’ All-Pro running back Arian Foster, Pat Monahan from the band “Train” and Larry Manetti (“Magnum P.I.”) guest star in this episode.

Link: http://www.spoilertv.com/2013/02/hawaii-five-0-episode-317-paani-press.html#.URpu9Q3UQyI.facebook

2. Joe Joe

Joe Joe Go Stros!
    Supporting Member

I know I am in the minority of me myself and I, but I think the Texans should trade him and Tate. I am of the opinion that the linemen matter a lot more than the RB.

3. RocketsFanSam

RocketsFanSam Contributing Member

Shut up Joe Joe

4. The Real Shady

The Real Shady Contributing Member

Most people agree with you that's why the Texans could not get much for either. Maybe a 5th for Tate, and Foster at best a 2nd.

It's good for PR however to keep players around that the fans like. The Astros did it with Biggio and Bagwell. Texans should keep Foster, Watt, and AJ around for their entire careers imo.

5. Anxiety Trooper

A fifth for Tate? Wow...coming into last season his stock was so high. Not sure I agree with that assessment.

6. Anxiety Trooper

But I agree with the sentiment. Look what the 9ers did by investing in the o-line. I think they have 3 first rounders from the last handful of years starting in the trenches. Texans would be wise to draft lineman high. Wade smith is not as young and agile as he was 2 years ago. He went to the pro bowl on his rep from last few years.

7. DieHard Rocket

DieHard Rocket Contributing Member

Nobody is going to give anything up for a guy that can't stay on the field. The time to trade him was last summer, if anything.

8. Joe Joe

Joe Joe Go Stros!
    Supporting Member

I know it is good for PR. I remember hoping they would keep him, but was shocked by how much they spent to keep him. He went from grossly underpaid to grossly overpaid.

9. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Grossly overpaid? He is hardly "grossly" overpaid. He is actually pretty fair value, which is rare.

He's a top 5 (more like top 3) back getting paid around #7 for 2013. Even if everyone else on the list stays at the same rate...at the end of his contract, he will be at the #5 spot. http://www.spotrac.com/top-salaries/nfl/running-back/

10. oelman44

oelman44 Member

Are you serious? Did you know the Texans were offered a first round pick for Tate before the 2012 draft? Arian Foster worth a 2nd round pick at best? That is a joke, he is one of the best running-back's in the league. Saying he is worth a 2nd round pick at best is an utter joke.

11. david_rocket

david_rocket Member

really? a 2nd at best for Foster?
    thats selling too low.

Foster lead last year with rushing TDs, and had over 1,400 rushing yards.
    I bet teams would trade an early 2nd pick or even a low 1st round pick for Foster.

12. Anxiety Trooper

Pull of a champ for portis type deal and I would be happy.

Revis for Foster ?

I know I'm just dreaming...

13. Sydeffect

Sydeffect Member

Is this show any good?

14. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

Marshal Faulk went for a 2nd. 1st round picks give NFL GM orgasms. How many 1st rounders turn out good?

15. Pieman2005

Pieman2005 Member

The hate on Foster is unreal on this forum. He has always came to play and tried his hardest and almost never disappoints. His YPC were pretty bad this year but he grinded it out and still lead all RBs in TDs. He has been a huge key in the teams success and will continue to be.

16. Joe Joe

Joe Joe Go Stros!
    Supporting Member

I don't intend it to be hate towards Foster. Just think RBs are paid more than they are worth on their second contract. He tries hard, but he needs a line to be effective.

17. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

All RBs need a decent line to be effective, unless your name is Barry sanders

18. david_rocket

david_rocket Member

at least 10 1st rounders are good every year.

the best defensive player with the Texans, is 1st rounder (Watt) the best offensive player with the Texans, besides Foster, (Andre Johnson) is a 1st rounder.

3 good RBs were drafted in the 1st round this year - doug martin, trent richardson, david wilson.

19. STR8Thugg

STR8Thugg STR8Thugg Member

I don't believe that at all and if that is true then they were idiotic to not accept that.

20. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

he was freaking undrafted you numskulls...Arian Foster is going to be just like Terrel Davis...just consistent...yall are idiots to think that Foster is gonna be traded...