1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Are you ready for some Eurobasket?

Discussion in 'NBA Draft' started by Matador, Sep 5, 2003.

1. Matador

Matador Member

For those straving for some high quality basketball entertainment like me then look no further than the European Basketball Tournament 2003.

Loads of NBA stars are on these Euro teams fighting for an Olympic berth. All in all there are 19 NBAers playing and I'm sure many more future draft picks in the making.

I'm especially looking forward to seeing Bostjan Nachbar for Slovenia. Slovenia opens today against Italy.

Unfortunately the games aren't going to be televised here in the US as far as I can tell.

You can cover the action here:

http://www.nba.com/global/eurobasket2003_index.html

and

http://www.eurobasket2003.com/uk/hem.asp

2. Matador

Matador Member

on a side note I was reading the write up on the Slovenian team link and they said the star players of the team were Matjas Smodis and Rasho Nesterovic (who are both injured) and Jaka Lakovic and Primoz Brezec.

no mention of Boki? :( I thought he was a sports celebrity in Slovenia and one of their top players.

3. Legendary21

Legendary21 Member

I´ve got a ticket for the final! :)
    I´ll see if I can afford to go to any of the other games. I´ll catch as many as I can on TV though.

4. Matador

Matador Member

I was just thinking what a sweet vacation that would make. I trip to Sweeden to watch basketball all day.