1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Are we spoiled as fans???

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Young Prophet, Jul 5, 2012.

1. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

I read this story . . .about the woman
    her husband cheated on her and beat her . . . .you know what she did. . .
    she left him after 15 yrs. . . . . . It was ok though
    she was obviously a FAIR WEATHER WIFE!!!!

Cool Story Bro!!!!

Seriously folx. . .you through around bull**** terminology to try to get people
    to behave like you think they should . .. weak sauce
    When the Rockets F' Up . . . and someone says they did. . . it is not fair weatherness
    it is what it is [tm JVG]

Rocket River

2. K mf G

K mf G Member

i took the OP's meaning of being spoiled to mean ,that rockets fans are a bunch of whiny babies as in the spoiled brat sense, except here they just cry and never end up with what they want

3. Jontro

Jontro Member

Kelvin Cato, Moochie Norris, Stromile Swift, and Ryan Bowen have spoiled me as a Rockets fan.

4. albuster

albuster Member

This post is as good as it gets. Totally agree.

5. solid

solid Member

LA fans are spoiled, Boston fans are spoiled, Miami fans are spoiled......Rocket's fans are deprived.

6. felixng2012

felixng2012 Member

Makes sense but I wouldn't compare that to being a fan of a poor basketball organization. I live in New York and I am a Knicks fan. To be frank it sucks being a Knicks fan but comparing it to 15 years of abuse and betrayal from your spouse is a bit much.

7. sergio

sergio Member

Laker fans are spoiled. They get almost any player they want.

8. oelman44

oelman44 Member

Agreed here. I miss going into the season with high hopes.

9. oelman44

oelman44 Member

That is completely different. The Rockets owe you nothing, you chose to be their fan. And the sad truth to it is if you stop being their fans nobody is really going to give a ****. There are plenty of people who will still go to all the games and cheer them on no matter what.

10. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

But almost every single Lakers fan outside of LA is a fan simply because they win a lot. Lakers fans don't believe in 'paying your dues'. For us Houston fans, victory will taste that much sweeter if/when it comes our way.

11. primtim24

primtim24 Member

This^^^ as Rocket's fans we know that when we finally get to the pinnacle of having a contender that it's because we've made alot of "savy moves" and we in the end got a little bit of luck on our sides. The "big market teams" know that all they have to do is sit back and players give their 1st born to come to their city.

When the Rockets won their 1st series against NY I teared up (9years old), when they won their 2nd I cried (10 years old), and in XX amount of years if I'm still around I'm going to tear up then, not because I'm irrational or a whinny baby, but because I'm a die hard Rockets fan. If you don't feel emotional when a team (you claim to be yours) does something really good or really bad, then you're not a fan, you're just a journalist....

I'm not a jounalist, I'm a Rockets Fan For LIFE!!! Was only born in 85' so don't roast me for not going further back....lol

From This:

[​IMG]

All the Way to this:

[​IMG]

12. Sirton

Sirton Member

People have to understand we have to suck now since Mcgrady and Yao are gone... You loose 2 superstars over 3 years your gonna suck even if your LA. We tried to go the easy way and get the superstar FA. LA was available and gonna beat us out.

My only problem is having to look at that damn Boston Celtic Kevin McHale's face who helped beat us in 86 .. Every freakin Rockets game man it drives me crazy. That man hates and spits on the rockets. He is no Houston Rocket. I can not imagine him a rocket and never will be able. It is like watching John Stockton, Karl Malone, Danny Ainge or Scottie Pippen coaching us. Maybe Bird should go coach LA and be a Laker!!

13. Jontro

Jontro Member

What if Clutch stops being a Rockets fan and shuts this BBS down with no warning? End of days? Yes, I'd say so.

14. tinman

tinman Member
    Supporting Member

Clutch will never quit because clutch city didn't quit

15. AbrahamLincoln

I live in the NY area now after living in Hou for over 20 yrs. You haven't seen spoiled fans till you come to NY or to Boston. Rockets fans are tired of losing. Thank god for the Texans or I think most people would be even angrier on the boards.

Houston sports has a way of letting you down in spectacular ways. I thought with a 7'6 center that could shoot the lights out there was no way we would miss a championship. But we did. Astros in the world series getting swept and then devolving through 5 years into a hot pile of sheet. And then there was David Carr. We are not spoiled, we have to win lots of championships to be spoiled. Even through all the crap i'll never stop being a fan of Houston teams.

All the unfortunate injuries and losses will make it mean more when we win.

16. GBRocket

GBRocket Member

Cheers, n00bs

17. BowlingBaller

BowlingBaller Member

True. Even after the championship years the Rockets were clutch. True Rockets fans remember the golden days with Yao and especially Tmac... dude was unstoppable and the greatest Rocket that ever lived. We're on the same page, tinman.

18. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I think we are spoiled, spoiled with 14th picks year in, year out

19. Young Prophet

Young Prophet Member

i like how some yall just responded to the thread title and not the post itself

and i also like how u feel special for posting on a rockets board like it took a degree to do such a thing and others didnt :eek:

20. primtim24

primtim24 Member

It seems as though your thoughts are a little contradicting. You tell us to stay positive, yet you turn around and say if we're not being positive that we're bandwagon-ers.

And the reason that so many people are blasting you is because you are blasting us for doing things that normal loyal fans do. Every move that isn't good, we take it as bad. Every move that isn't bad we'll take it as good. As fans we are emotionally invested in the Rockets and if Daryl Morey makes a move that we don't agree with we'll roast him, if he pulls off a great move we'll praise him for it.

You almost come off as if to say we should just be happy that we have a stinkin' team. And that we should see nothing but rainbows and roses after every move the team makes, and that just doesn't work with most fans.