1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

anyone have macori health insurance?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Chopped, Aug 4, 2010.

Tags:
  1. Chopped

Chopped Member

thats UH's student plan and i was wondering if anyone had it? After reading the policy i saw that it stated 80% of costs are covered and was wondering if that was the industry norm or was this insurance really crappy? also does anyone know of any discounted rate insurance plans for students? im pretty healthy but im worried about freak sports injuries such as acl tears and the such.

2. Lynus302

Lynus302 Contributing Member

I had it/still have it for the time being from OU.

I had/have no complaints.

3. moose

moose Member

No, but now I am suddenly craving some macaroni and cheese.

4. keeyanballa08

keeyanballa08 Member

International friend of mine has it at UH. She said its cheap and it doesn't cover much and she wouldn't recommend it.

5. Lynus302

Lynus302 Contributing Member

It's meant to be fairly basic, I think, but it covered my annual vision checks, biannual dental cleanings, and trips to the doc for checkups and whatever else ailed me.

Again, no complaints from me.

6. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

I have life insurance through Macaroni & Sons.

7. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

This is very vague so hard to gauge whether it is "industry standard," but in general, yes, an 80% coinsurance PPO plan is pretty common.

1 person likes this.
  8. quad4x

quad4x Member

i had it as a student but never used it outside of school. most of my problems, i just went to the student health center and they took care of it for 15 bucks or less.

1 person likes this.