1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Anyone else notice DeAndre Jordan with 5 fouls in 5 min??

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by eddiewinslow, Mar 10, 2012.

1. eddiewinslow

eddiewinslow Member

Last night vs spurs....when was the last time a $10m/yr starter did that? Wow wish I was 7 feet tall and could jump 12 inches off the ground and catch lobs with my baseball mitt hands I'd be hella paid too

2. jopatmc

jopatmc Member

Jordan and Griffin are amongst the league leaders in fouls committed and they both play for the same team at the same time. That spells disaster when the playoffs roll around and is the reason that I have consistently said they will be out in the 2nd round, if they even make it there. Not enough experience on the interior for the Clippers.

3. ParaSolid

ParaSolid Member

Yeah, he wasn't big for my fantasy team today. SIGH

4. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

can't breathe on the spurs

5. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Many of us said when he was extended that Deandre Jordan is very overrated and mainly gets positive attention because he plays with Blake Griffin. $10M/yr for a player that has no skills at all is crazy. I don't think he has the brains to develop into a good post defender. IMO, he will flatline or decline from here on.

6. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

Agreed.

People are so enamored over shotblocking it's ridiculous, I recall that before the season started some were trying to argue that Thabeet's shotblocking presence will help the team's defense more so than Hayes' positioning defense.

Jordan is a rich man's Thabeet, that's about it

7. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

If you use DJ's $10M/yr contract as a baseline, I really wonder if OKC will be able to entice Ibaka to re-sign this summer. He blocks shots better than Jordan and has some offensive game (that continually improves).

Check this out from last night:
    <iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/MY-QpFCjfF8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

8. eddiewinslow

eddiewinslow Member

I followed him since high school at episcopal bc I played against him and honestly thought the pg on on his azigekwu or something was light years better but even at a and m deandre has a peanut sized brain,luckily he has Chris Paul throwing lobs to him and sadly his next deal will still be at his peak and I bet it's like 5 for for $70 mill then...funny nbadraft.net once had him as the #2 pick and next coming of Dwight....that site also had our man donatas in the same spot...pray now bbs

9. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

He's smarter too.

I think they should be able to keep him, he is higher priority than Harden in my opinion.

10. Jontro

Jontro Member

If only we had Jordan for the preseason and Dawson was still the GM. He'd have a max contract right now.

11. pmac

pmac Member

That's the going rate for a young big that can do anything. You can't compare their salaries to wings and guards. Jordan can rebound and block shots. If he was already a good defender he would be getting paid 13+ like Tyson Chandler and Marc Gasol.

And, I said it in another thread. Ibaka will be paid handsomely, by someone. Harden will also get his money. It's just unlikely that the Thunder keep them both unless they have a great Finals run and feel it's worth paying that high tax to keep everyone together.

#11 pmac, Mar 10, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 10, 2012
  12. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

Per 36 he averages 11 reb and 3 blocks, and he's long.

People on this board as seen with some gasol comments don't appreciate length. The ability to tip a ball away from a rebounder, or change shots that don't get blocked. The abilty to simply dunk a ball at the rim instead of giving 3 pump fakes. How many times have we seen opponents simply tip the ball away from the helpless little front court rockets players. You need length up front.

He's overpaid a little, but shot blockers and rebounders get paid.

13. jayhow92

jayhow92 Member

we need to go after this guy while we still can.

14. rolyat93

rolyat93 Member

He's also a better post defender better on team help defense and doesn't foul as much.

15. Moleb

Moleb Member

Kinda reminds me of how they overpaid Kelvin Cato. lol

16. jopatmc

jopatmc Member

Sensational defensive clip.