1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    The NBA Draft is here! Come join Clutch in the ClutchFans Room Wednesday night at 6:30pm CT as we host the live online NBA Draft Watch Party. Who will the Rockets select at #3?

NBA Draft - LIVE!

Anybody interested in our Fantasy Football League?

Discussion in 'Fantasy Sports' started by dreammvp, Jul 1, 2008.

1. dreammvp

dreammvp Contributing Member

Hey Guys,

I play in a fantasy football league that I"ve been playing in for 14 years...great league...good guys...all guys that I know here in Houston (spring area)...the commish is a really cool guy....all trusted guys who know football....
    we use sportsline as our site to manage the league....great site....
    $150 to get in....$5 per transaction (waivers and trades)....2 division...10-12 teams....money prizes are for division winners and playoffs 1st, 2nd, 3rd place....we draft online and in person...your preference....

call me if interested.....cell: 805-390-0734

2. dreammvp

hey guys,

no this is not Randy R's league (i don't know who that is)....anyways, its a good league....there are a few spots still open...all the rest of us know each other personally from living in the same neighbor hood....it sounds like alot of money but its not....
    if you win your division and win the league, you win anywhere from $500-$600...it just depends on how many transactions there are in teh league becuase each transaction puts $5 in the league...plus the $150 entry fee
    3 of us in the league have been in it when it started 14 years ago...the rest are new comers (3-5 yrs in the league)....we hope the league continues for the next 14 years at least!!......
    there are several of the guys (who eat, sleep, drink football like me) and then there are a few guys who aren't as die hard but still are decent....

anyways, i'm sure they will fill the spots soon so if you want to get in, call me...don't email me or post here..just call me on my cell and I can answer any of your questions....we do a live draft at the commish's house or you can join the draft via online....

CALL Me on my cell if you want in...don't wait long..the spots will be gone soon...
    cell: 805-390-0734

3. dreammvp

Here are the rules....the entry fee in the rules is $115 but there was talk of maybe going up to $150 but they might just stay at $115. They will put it up to a vote. Other rule changes only happen with a vote. No major changes coming this year though. Please let me know if you are interested. Thanks...

Player Pool: AFC and NFC Players.
    Positions: QB, RB, WR, TE, K and DST.
    Transactions: • Lineup deadline is 5 minutes before gametime for each player.
    • Owners may set lineups.
    • Transactions will lock five minutes before the first game on Sunday. Players whose teams play before Sunday will be locked for the remainder of the scoring period.
    • Add/drops must be approved by the commissioner.
    • Trades must be approved by the commissioner.
    • No trades can be made after the trade deadline of 11:59 PM ET 11/17/08.
    (Click Here to set a reminder)
    • Owners may make trades during the offseason.

Schedule: Playoffs start in Week 14 and last for 3 Weeks.
    Fees: League Entry Fee: $115
    Add Fee: $5
    Move to Injured Fee: $5
    Trade Flat Fee: $5

Scoring: Head-to-Head, Points Based System.
    Scoring based on total stats each period.
    Ties in the standings are resolved in this order: Winning Percentage, Total Points.

Scoring for Offensive Categories
    FG - Field Goals 3 points
    Plus 1 point for a FG of 40 to 45 Yds
    Plus 2 points for a FG of 46 to 50 Yds
    Plus 3 points for a FG of 51+ Yds

FL - Fumble Lost, Including ST plays -1 point
    IKRTD - Individual Kick Return TD 6 points
    IPRTD - Individual Punt Return TD 6 points
    MFG - Missed Field Goal Plus -2 points for a MFG of 35 to 39 Yds
    Plus -1 point for a MFG of 40 to 44 Yds

MXP - Missed Extra Point -1 point
    Pa2P - Passing Two-point Conversion 1 point
    PaInt - Passing Interception -1 point
    PaTD - Passing TD 4 points
    PaYd - Passing Yards 0+ PaYds = 1 point for every 25 PaYds

Re2P - Receiving Two-point Conversion 2 points
    ReTD - Receiving TD 6 points
    ReYd - Receiving Yards 0+ ReYds = 1 point for every 10 ReYds

Recpt - Reception .5 points
    Ru2P - Rushing Two-point Conversion 2 points
    RuTD - Rushing TD 6 points
    RuYd - Rushing Yards 0+ RuYds = 1 point for every 10 RuYds

XP - Extra Points 1 point
    Special Scoring for Tight Ends
    FL - Fumble Lost, Including ST plays -1 point
    Re2P - Receiving Two-point Conversion 2 points
    ReTD - Receiving TD 6 points
    ReYd - Receiving Yards 1 - 200 ReYds = 1 point for every 10 ReYds

Recpt - Reception 1 point

Scoring for Defensive Categories
    DFR - Defensive/ST Fumble Recovered (ID/DT/DST) 2 points
    DTD - Total Defensive and Special Teams TD 6 points
    Int - Interceptions 2 points
    PA - Points Against, Total Points Scored 0 - 3 PA = 6 points
    4 - 7 PA = 4 points
    8 - 10 PA = 2 points
    11 - 14 PA = 1 point
    15 - 27 PA = 0 points
    28 - 31 PA = -1 point
    32 - 35 PA = -2 points
    36 - 42 PA = -4 points
    43+ PAs = -6 points

SACK - Sack 1 point
    STY - Safety 2 points

Constitution: SPRING FANTASY FOOTBALL LEAGUE

RULE 1. ENTRY FEES: All franchise owners will contribute a $115.00 entry fee to participate in the league.

RULE 2. DRAFT POSITION: Draft position established thru WEB site. Should be available by Aug 1st.

RULE 3. THE DRAFT: The annual draft will be held September 3rd at 8:00 Eastern/7:00 Central Time. Draft will be on-line as well as in person at 18511 Cabaniss Circle. The draft will consist of 16 rounds. The selection order will be per Rule 2 and the order shall be reversed for the even numbered rounds. Each franchise owner will select players from the following categories: quarterbacks, running backs, wide receivers, tight ends, kickers, and defensive teams. No limits on number of players at a position, but each team will have the following minimums:

POSITION MINIMUM

Quarter back 2
    Running back 2
    Wide Receiver 2
    Tight Ends 1
    Kicker 1
    Defensive team 1

RULE 4. WEEKLY LINE-UPS: Each franchise will submit a weekly starting line-up. The line up will consist of 2QB, 1 Kicker, 1 Defensive Team, 1 Tight End, 2 Running Backs, 2 Wide Receivers and one additional Running back or Receiver. Each owner is responsible for updating his team lineup on the WEB site. Changes can be made up to 5 minutes prior to game time.

RULE 5. SCORING: See Scoring System

RULE 6. TRADING: 1) If two or more franchises wish to trade players, they may do so. A trade becomes official when the franchises involved notify the commissioner. There will be a $5.00 fee for each trade, regardless of the number of players involved. 2) Trading of positions prior to start of season will not incurr any fees.

Rule 7. WAIVERS: If a player is not on a fantasy team, he is considered a free agent and is available on the waiver wire. Waiver requests must be submitted on the WEB site by the earlier of 7:00 PM Friday or 7:00 PM of the day preceding the first game of the week. Teams will select free agents through waivers in inverse orders of the standings. Ties in the standings will be broken first by points scored and, if necessary, points allowed. If a team desires to make more than one waiver request, after the first waiver pick up is made, that team's second request will not be honored until all other teams have had a turn at the waiver list. (Ex: If the team with the worst record wants to pick up two free agent, their first request will be automatic since they have the worst record and have the first waiver pick. However, before their second request will be honored, every other team will have a chance at that player.) There will be $5.00 fee for each player claimed on waivers.

Waivers are available after the 7:00 PM deadline, but on a first come, first served basis. The commissioner will update the WEB site Friday evening/Saturday morning. The WEB site will be updated again on Sunday morning.

Waiver moves are allowed through the entire season including the playoffs.

To avoid confusion, when making multiple waiver requests, INCLUDE THE ORDER YOU WANT THE REQUESTS PROCESSED IN THE COMMENTS FIELD.

RULE 8. INJURED RESERVE: If a player is injured, the player can be placed on injured reserve. If a player is placed on injured reserve, he must remain on IR for a minimum of 4 weeks. The team that places a player on IR can fill the roster spot from the waiver list. The maximum number of players on IR at one time is 1.

If a team has a player on IR, and that player has been on the IR list for less than 4 weeks, if the team wants a different player on the IR, the player on IR must be dropped from the team’s roster.

There is a $5 fee to place a player on IR.

RULE 9. COMMISSIONER POWERS: Any trade that clearly strengthens one team at the expense of another team can be vetoed by the Commissioner or a simple majority vote of the franchises. A simple majority can also overturn the Commissioners veto.

RULE 10. SCHEDULE: The league will be broken into 2 divisions of 5 teams each. Each team will play a total of 27 games in 13 weeks. Each team will play teams in their division three times and teams in the other divisions three times. The schedule will be on the WEB site. There will be a 3 week playoff schedule.

RULE 11. DIVISION SELECTION: Divisions will be determined by draft order. Teams with “even” numbered draft positions are in Division 1. Teams with “odd” numbered draft positions are in Division 2.

RULE 12. STANDINGS TIEBREAKERS: In the event of ties in the standings, the following tiebreakers will be used:

1. Winning % against all other teams in tie.
    2. Most points scored in games involving teams involved in tie.
    3. Winning % against all other teams in division
    4. Most points scored during season.
    5. Team with lower draft position advances.

RULE 13. WEEKLY REPORTS: Weekly reports will be available on the WEB.

RULE 14. PLAYOFFS: Top 4 teams from each division will participate in a play off beginning week 14 of the NFL season. Play-off pairings will be prepared by the COMMISSIONER prior to the start of playoffs. First 2 rounds of playoffs will be with teams from same division.

First, second and third place finishers in the Winners bracket will be in the money. The first place finisher in the Losers bracket will also be in the money.

In the event of tie games during the playoffs, winners will be determined by the scoring of each teams entire "non active" bench. (Bench does not include players on IR)

RULE 15. PAYOFFS: The following amounts will be rewarded:

Sports Line fee $70
    Weekly high scorer $10.00/week (13 weeks)
    Division Winners(2) 60% of Reg Season Pool
    Divided equally
    Div Second Place (2) 30% of Reg Season Pool
    Divided equally
    Div Third Place (2) 10% of Reg Season Pool Divided Equally

Play-off Winner 40% of Play-off Pool
    Play-off Runner Up 30% of Play-off Pool
    Play-off Third Place 20% of Play-off Pool
    Loser Round Winner 10% of Play-off Pool

The Total Payoff Pool will consist of the initial entry fees plus all fees from player transactions during the season (waiver and trade fees), less Sports Line fee and the weekly hi scorer payoffs. The Reg Season Pool will equal 60% of the Total Payoff Pool. The Play-off Pool will equal 40% of the Total Payoff Pool. All accounts will be settled as the franchises are eliminated from the playoffs.

Rule 16. CONSOLATION ROUND: The four losing teams in the “losers” bracket of the playoffs will compete in the Consolation Round during weeks 15 and 16. The winner of the Consolation Round, the team that wins both games, will receive 10% of Play-off Pool.

4. dreammvp

maybe I should post on a football site :(

5. Rocketball

Rocketball Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I would be interested if you still need some, shoot me an email at sms1012@yahoo.com - I live up in the spring area also.

6. dreammvp

Hey,

yeah I think we still need one more person....its a great league...i've been playing in it fo 14 years...good guys who play in it....what part of spring are you in?

i posted the rules on the Thread ifyou want to look at them....the entry fee is currentl $125 but we might raise it to $150....we use CBS sportsline to manage it....

i think if you play one year, you will come back every year....

call me ASAP if you want to play in it....that last spot might be gone soon...

cell: 805-390-0734

Nick

7. fadeaway

fadeaway Contributing Member

dreammvp -- I suggest you let this guy join. Always nice to have guys with no chance of winning in a money league. :p

8. dreammvp

still one spot open...call me if interested...call, don;t email...