1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    The NBA Draft is here! Come join Clutch in the ClutchFans Room Wednesday night at 6:30pm CT as we host the live online NBA Draft Watch Party. Who will the Rockets select at #3?

NBA Draft - LIVE!

Another Brother to be on 610 at...

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by drapg, Mar 16, 2004.

1. drapg

drapg Member

10:00am this morning, on the Marc Vandermeer show.

Heads up courtesy of a Vandermeer teaser during the John and Lance show.

By the way, please tell me I'm not the only one who heard that HILARIOUS drunk voice mail that some guy allowed the Morning Crew to play back on the air. Poor girl! The background music of "Total Eclipse of the Heart" was the freakin' icing on the cake!

2. Faos

Faos Contributing Member

I pray that he brings a hammer and destroys Vandermeers sound effects machine.

3. Faos

Faos Contributing Member

They just played it again. Great stuff.

4. Tonaaayyyy

Tonaaayyyy Member

Tell another brother to give me a shoutout :D

5. Chance

Chance Contributing Member

I'll put the drunk call in the audio vault if ya'll want...AB is Awesome. I'm glad he's in there now. I would love to have him more and more.

6. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

Uh, oh, someone just brought up the hip-hop culture and Steve Francis.

7. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

seriously, i love this guy...how down to earth is AB?? he should be a regular on this show.

8. Chance

you think????

;)

9. Faos

Faos Contributing Member

I guess AB didn't get my message in time about the sound effects machine.

Chance,

Why give athletes and celebrity birthdays? I've never understood that and don't think it adds anything to the show.

Good job getting AB back there next week!

10. Another Brother

Another Brother Contributing Member

Thanks guys, Mark is so amazingly cool until he makes it impossible for me or anyone else to lose on that show.

Chance McClain is a Godsend, I told him about my desire to be home more, and without question he submits me to Mark as a guest. Thanks Man.

Those are kind words Max, thank you.

11. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

Chance, can you put this in the vault for those of us who were away from the radio? I've never heard AB's stuff.

12. drapg

drapg Member

Great job AB. You got me through the last hour of my 3.5 hour workout this morning.

I saw your act a few months back, but I don't remember your one dirty opening line you mentioned. You're gonna have to refresh my memory sometime about that one.

13. drapg

drapg Member

By the way, I go by "A-dawg"

14. LegendZ3

LegendZ3 Contributing Member

I smell a new show coming up ;)

15. rimbaud

rimbaud Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

It was a lot longer back. I saw his show around '95 (I think) and he opened that way.

I listened at work and thought he did a pretty good job. Especially not being rude/mean/openly horrified when the caller talked about Steve and hip-hop.

16. Chance

I can put clips of it in there. I need to clean that thing out. I thought AB was awesome, I knew he would be. Listen for him more and more.

BTW - Marc is an amazing broadcaster and show host. It is difficult to do a solo show so he uses devices (sound effects, celebrity b-day, etc..) to make it more entertaining. Having been a pretty avid sports fan for going on 15 years I can tell you that nobody does a local solo show as well as Vandy. This guy also does little 20 second sports updates on the FM side and he treats them with uncanny professionalism.

Chance

17. Samurai Jack

Samurai Jack Contributing Member

Well, what do you know. Yesterday I'm asking about you and this morning I turn on the radio and there you are.

Great show, your a natural.

18. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

And on the contrary, the Morons in the Morning are going downhill. I know a morning show is supposed to be light but those guys seem like they don't care anymore. That whole Cornelius whatever thing was weak. They did it for a whole show which was a waste. then they don't talk about the rockets until they lose. I know you really can't be to critical of them Chance, but I'm just throwing my opinion out there. I used to listen to these guys religiously but I find myself turning the off more and more and just waiting for marc's show to start.

19. Castor27

Castor27 Moderator
    Staff Member

I'm bitter because I can't pick up the station any longer. I used to get it fairly clearly now all I get is static. :(

20. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

and on the other side...i freaking love john and lance...please, please, please don't ever consider replacing them!!!