1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Anna-Megan Raley and the Chunky Cheerleader story?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by sugrlndkid, Apr 29, 2013.

1. BE4RD

BE4RD Member

That's because you tuned into the worst show on 790, hosted by two mouthbreathing ex-NFL players.

610's best show is by far their midday with Seth and Mike.

2. droopy421

droopy421 Member

In the trenches with ND Kalu and Greg Koch, two former NFL players, is on from 10-noon. Most of there sports knowledge solely revolves around football.

3. Hicklander

Hicklander Member

Got proof they dropped off?

4. vinsensual

vinsensual Member

Didn't Koch use to be on 610? I know Kalu did guest spots there before. It's good football talk, not necessarily revolving around the Texans. But 610 and 1560's lunch shows are enjoyable too.

5. davo

davo Member

I'm sick of all this backlash against skinny models/cheerleaders etc. Yes, there are some supermodels around that are too skinny, but making people think they are too fat is not a bad thing - obesity related illnesses are the leading cause of death in the western world. Anorexia and poor body image, while serious, don't even move the needle.

6. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Member

January they had a 2.3 to Feb having a 1.4 share. That is public (free) information that is general.

Lance posted more detailed ratings on his twitter account. It was about 790's rising ratings but I don't have the tweet.

7. boomboom

boomboom I GOT '99 PROBLEMS
    Supporting Member

Mighty leaves, rating rise.

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm........

8. rimbaud

rimbaud Member
    Supporting Member

A few months ago over lunch I was flipping around and there was a show on 610 where it was one guy's last day. I remember he said something along the lines of, "we were the number one show in our time slot on day 1 and we are the number 1 time slot when I am leaving. I think that means we have done a great job." I can't comment on the show because I didn't listen but I thought that was kind of funny because I think if 610 was number 1 in your slot before people know anything about you that speaks mor to habit than your actual performance. Sure you could be so terrible you turn people away but doesn't every show on 610 win their slot?

I work with a die hard Rockets fan and when the season started he had no idea why the Rockets weren't on the radio. I had to explain that they switched stations. He didn't know there was more than 610 for sports radio. He is older so I think it is a habits thing since it was the only station for so many years.

9. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Member
    Supporting Member

She doesn't seem to shoot well from some angles. Like Kevin Martin. :p

10. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Member

It's why 610 spends so much to get the Texans. Loss leader defined.

11. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

So I was listening to the J+R show and apparently Josh didn't show up because he was gambling. He basically said they don't pay him enough and he would rather gamble. If they don't fire him after that I don't think they are ever going to fire him.

12. Anxiety Trooper

Sounds like your getting trolled and its part of a bit. The station probably encourages this type of trolling.

13. justtxyank

justtxyank Member

Seriously.

FWIW, 740 is the sister station of 790 and they do a piss poor job advertising for it.

14. redhotrox

redhotrox Member

Cheerleader made it to GMA this morning:

<iframe id="kaltura_player_1368056420" height="221" width="392" style="border: 0px solid #ffffff;" src="http://cdnapi.kaltura.com/index.php/extwidget/embedIframe/entry_id/0_qsduqnbr/widget_id/_483511/uiconf_id/6595722?referer=http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/video/kelsey-williams-interview-2013-nba-cheerleader-tells-critic-19132984&amp;flashvars[autoPlay]=false&amp;addThis.playerSize=392x221&amp;freeWheel.siteSectionId=nws_offsite&amp;closedCaptionActive=false&amp;addThis.playerSize=392x221&amp;closedCaptionsOverPlayer.fontsize=12">Unfortunately your browser does not support IFrames.</iframe>

15. LAFIRMA22

LAFIRMA22 Member

does anyone have an update on Anna Megan Raley?

16. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Member
    Supporting Member

She's still terrible.

17. So Good

So Good Member

She's back on Twitter and Facebook, for what it's worth.

18. Nook

Nook Member

The women often times defended are not obese...

19. Hicklander

Hicklander Member

So Josh Innes won this thread right?...

20. TheProfessor

TheProfessor Member

Hell, today Innes made another racist remark and got away with it! He was talking about the back man in Cleveland who saved those women from that sex slave jerk. That black guy has been widely quoted as saying he was coming back from McDonalds, and he was eating McDonalds, when he heard the woman scream at the door for help.
    Innes take? "If the black dude was eating a McRib he never would've dropped the bag and saved them."
    And a called nailed him on the racial stereotype. And Innes ADMITTED he was playing the black man / rib theme. Then he suddenly saw his career flash before hi eyes and claimed oh no, I just said the first thing that came to my mind -- I could've said McNugget or burger -- but chose McRib. No race involved.
    What a lying racist.