1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Andray Blatche

Discussion in 'NBA Draft' started by W-Mac, May 27, 2005.

1. W-Mac

W-Mac Member

This could be a new draft "prospect"

NBA Comparison: Steven Hunter

Strengths: Long and athletic prospect with good potential... Plays well facing the basket and can put the ball on the floor as he has a great handle for someone his size. Has shown a good outside shot but needs to work on his consistency... Gets off the floor quickly and blocks or alters shots... Runs the floor well and gets rebounds do to his length and leaping ability.

Weaknesses: Needs to play with more effort and consistency. Dominates some games and is non-existent in others... While he has range on his outside shot he needs to work on being a consistent shooter... Like many of the Kevin Garnett clones these days, Blatche is infatuated with the perimeter. Floats around on the outside at times when he should be down low posting up... Decent speed, but isn’t quick enough to get by defenders at the next level... At almost seven feet tall, Blatche has all the physical tools to make it big in the NBA one day, it just won’t be anytime soon... Will be a project for whichever team decides to select him.

Notes: Has made it clear he intends to bypass college and go straight to the league. Will need to show solid progress to be a first round selection.

2. baller4life315

That isn't a very flattering comparison.

3. W-Mac

W-Mac Member

I agree. But he is 7'0 and should be somewhat "quick". Just a thought.

4. askball

askball Member

On cbs.sportsline.com, they have a mock draft with the rockets taking him 24th in one editor's opinion, and they compare him to dwight howard, saying in 2 to 3 years he will be doing for us what howard is doing for the magic. That means an athletic big, who rebounds and finishes around the basket. it sounds good but i think we already have this an Badiane

5. krocket

krocket Member

I posted this before.

I watched him play in an all-star game, "Got Milk" I believe, and I agree with you. Of course, I'm no professional scout, but his game and agility for an 18 year old seven footer, was remarkable. Could play toward the basket, can motor, can shoot 12-15 footers IIRC, and was not afraid to go inside on 'O' or 'D'.

6. Fierguard

Fierguard Member

He has been shooting up boards recently. Him or bynum would be great I think for the rockets. I prefer Blatche as he is quicker and better suited for a High Low game with Yao. Although Yao at the high Post and Bynum at the low post would be something to see as well. Yao being the passer he is that might work well.

The only drawback is going to be readiness. Warrick, Siemen, Frye, and a few others are going to be more ready to come in and contribute faster... also it depends if there is a pre draft move... for a PF.

This is a deep draft moving down and getting a second round pick might not be bad.

7. Man

Man Member

Yao/Dikembe/Blatche
    Swift/Howard/Badiane
    Tmac/draft/Bowen/Padgett
    Sprewell/draft/Barry
    Antonio Daniels/James/Spnouilis in 2 years

I like it..I'd rather have AD, SAR or Donyell, and a younger swingman..like Warrick or w/e

8. thumbs

thumbs Member

Unless we somehow acquire another pick, we can't have both Blatche and the "draft" between Sprewell and Barry (unless you're talking about a cold shoulder or something).;)

9. Yaomania345

Yaomania345 Member

Yeah I posted this earlier I would love this guy to be on the Rockets if we cant get stro or tc.

10. Relativist

Relativist Member

11. Man

Man Member

I was thinking this guy is gonna be a second rounder..sounds good though maybe we pick him in first round..

then we need to get a young swingman imo.

12. StevieFlight3

StevieFlight3 Member

If we do get Bynm I don't really see him ever playing along side Yao. He's 7 footer that's 300 pounds.

13. enbehay

enbehay Member

If we do acquire Blatche in the draft (he will probably be gone by #24), then I'd like to see the Rockets acquire Ricky Davis and Kendrick Perkins from Boston.

14. Nelly

Nelly Member

Ricky Davis? Why?

15. FishBulb913

FishBulb913 Member

ok could u explain how we would get them? or will boston jus give em a couple plane tickets and say what the hell leave and see if we care?