1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

An Offer Of Peace Re: JLin7 (We're In This Together)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Falcao, Jan 22, 2013.

1. Falcao

Falcao Rookie

With the recent poor play, it is obvious there is a lot of emotion and pointing fingers. Some of this is okay as long as we go through it and become stronger. That is what happens in families.

However, we need to let it not become destructive, as that can sometimes happen too. Like it or not, Lin is here and probably will stay here more than one season. So "Lin Sucks" and "Lin is a Superstar" are not helpful -- it's fine to voice it until we feel better, but then we have to channel it to something more productive.

And Lin playing better than he has been should be something that I think we all want (I'll even give the benefit of doubt to Dei). Even if it's benching him a while --as long as he gets a fair chance once he starts doing better.

Did you notice that Lin was at his absolute BEST under D'Antoni thus far? Noticeably better than with Woodson, with similar teammates. Was there a reason? Turns out there was, at least according to Lin. The following is a Lin quote about D'Antoni after Linsanity:

"He gave me confidence in running the offense," Lin said. "He's a coach that empowers his players. He gives his players the confidence and freedom to go out and play to the best of their abilities. That's what he did for me last year." http://www.usatoday.com/story/gameon/2012/11/13/jeremy-lin-happy-for-mike-dantoni-with-los-angeles-lakers/1702703/
    It is about the 8th paragraph down. Thanks -- by the way, I'm happy to admit that Lin is not close to where he needs to be -- especially recently, but even his good games need to be better -- and this is hopefully helpful to Lin and the team.

2. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

STFU LOF!!! STFU!!!!

3. pnr

pnr Member

Merge this into one of the other lin threads. Im tired of talking about him.

4. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Newbs, don't make thread about other Newbs on the GARM!

5. tellitlikeitis

tellitlikeitis Canceled
    Supporting Member

OP has also said that we as a fanbase don't deserve Jeremy Lin and that the city of Houston doesn't deserve him.

He can shove his "peace offer" up an orifice.

6. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

What a fail.

I would post a funny gif but that's not even worth it.

7. htownrox1

htownrox1 Member

So this guy can make a thread but I can't? :confused:

8. tinman

Supporting Member

Falco sang Rock Me Amadeus,
    You are no falco

9. tinman

Supporting Member

have you been cured of your TOF illness? that makes your mind delusional and your thought process illogical

10. sammsung987

sammsung987 Member

Ship Lin and OP da f*k out!

Just joking.. but seriously stop riling things up.

11. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

This has to be the weirdest thread ever. Creepy even.:confused:

12. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

NO appeasement! you Neville Chamberlain, you. :)

13. LinHype

LinHype Rookie

Your little war against the so-called TOFs or LOFs is boring and tiring. Give it a rest. Or try to be creative and start a new topic.

14. Jedster

Jedster Member

Falcao, you made the wrong assumption there.
    That is why you should have taken my advice and get your Ignore List to work if you wanted to avoid the insults and negativity.
    Nobody wants to feel marginalized or called stupid, but you have to realize that this is the internet and nobody feels responsible for being rude.

15. tinman

Supporting Member

Rookies don't have any say here.
    all fake rockets fans go hop on a train and choo choo on out of here!

16. Scionxa

Scionxa Contributing Member

Are all of these LOF's the same ones who rep Rockets flair on Reddit?

17. Falcao

Falcao Rookie

I guess you're right. I've been rude myself though -- and thought that this would be a way to reverse that some. But you're more of a realist than I am.

I think at least I'll try to soften the tone for a while at least. It may make a difference. Maybe Torocan will share some of his Lexapro.

18. kcal

kcal Member

Well, this is my exact point. The coaching staff obviously doesn't believe in him, and this is as close as he'll ever get to criticizing mchale and his assistants.

I've seen some extremely vocal critics of those who claim the coaching staff aren't behind Lin, but anyone with the slightest bit of emotional intelligence recognizes that Lin is very unhappy with his role on this team.

As far as being "better" under dantoni as opposed to woodson, it should be reasonably clear that woodson runs a much slower paced offense first, and second, Lin had worn down considerably after being run into the ground by dantoni. Lin was playing hurt, missing games and eventually had to sit out the remainder of the season.

But as I've said before, even if Lin switches teams, he'll face the same set of biases anywhere and everywhere else in the league. Even if he does luck out and finds a coach who is fully behind him, that coach could get fired, or retire, putting Lin right back at square one.

Guys, don't let the bullies cajole you and claim you are deluded; Lin is clearly the odd man out in this offense. Even Asik has been featured at times, and Asik has stated unequivocally that his offense is at best in the rudimentary stages of development.

Lin's fight has just begun.

1 person likes this.
  19. King1

King1 Contributing Member

You hear that sound? It's the world's smallest violin playing. Quite blaming everyone else for your hero's failure.

20. tinman

Supporting Member

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/FzrNfOX9fTs" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>