1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    The NBA Draft is here! Come join Clutch in the ClutchFans Room Wednesday night at 6:30pm CT as we host the live online NBA Draft Watch Party. Who will the Rockets select at #3?

NBA Draft - LIVE!

american idol III rant

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by synergy, Mar 31, 2004.

1. synergy

synergy Member

OMG, i just finished watching the first 10 minutes of the American Idol show tonight and I just realized how freaking gay the show is. The performance show on Tuesdays aren't that bad, but the results show they have on Wednesday is terrible.

For those who dont watch it, they have these stupid group singing bits on Wednesday. It looks like some sort of performance you see on a cruise ship or something. They also have these stupid Coke and Ford commercials where they have another singing bit. Then they drag out the performance results for a damn half hour.

I think the final contestants this year are some of the worst so far. Last year's contestants were 10x better. The show's were also more enjoyable last year.

I think this contestants George Huff and Jennifer Hudson are the most annoying of all the contestants. George looks like he is acting half the time whenever he hears any praise. He looks like he is about to faint.

I know there is someone here on the BBS who knows George, so please take no offense. I just think he appears a bit too fake.

This year most of the contestants are so damn fugly( err Diana, Fantasia, Jennifer, Amy). At least last year some of the woman singers were decent to look at.

For those above reasons I think I have seen my last episode of American Idol, or at least until they vote off George, Jennifer or Diana. (I'm almost too embarrased to say that I know their names.)

Rant over.:cool:

2. annthuyn

annthuyn Member

Why do guys say that crap? Post a picture of yourself so I can determine if you're worthy enough for me to spare 2 secs of my time to read your posts or not

3. KeepKenny

KeepKenny Contributing Member

I don't really watch the show that often, but I have never heard Randy say anything negative about any black contestant. Coincidence? Maybe. Or then again, maybe i just missed it.

4. firecat

firecat Contributing Member

I disagree about George. I don't think that he is acting at all. I totally think that he is genuinely happy to receive his praise and I think that he seems to be one of the few that are actually enjoying the experience for what it is. He's got a great twinkle in his eyes that cannot be faked IMO.

I think the Macy Gray chick, the Hawaiian chick and George will be top 3.

I work evenings so I rarely get to see the show, but I love it when I can see it.

5. fadeaway

fadeaway Contributing Member

Yeah, let's judge them all on their looks and disregard talent altogether. I'm sure it will appeal to the coveted "shallow and superficial moron" demographic. :rolleyes:

6. mrpaige

mrpaige Contributing Member

That's a bigger demo that you'd probably like to believe.

7. Buzz1023

Buzz1023 Member

How do you think Britney or J.Lo made it, because of their "vocal talents"? :D

8. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

why do you guys seriously watch this crap? this crap is absolute crap.

9. Gutter Snipe

Gutter Snipe Contributing Member

I watch it - it's kind of cool just to hear people sing classic songs. I couldn't believe who they dropped yesterday - Amy's performance was much better than some of the others, especially the redheaded kid's performance.

I suspect a conspiracy - they didn't want to go down to only two guys left so soon in the competition.

10. Jeff

Jeff Clutch Crew

All it takes is the Funk Brothers backing up all these wannabes to expose just how bad they really are.

I caught a few clips of the show with the Funk Brothers doing the backup after a buddy told me how awful it was. Marvin Gaye must be rolling in his grave.

11. A-Train

A-Train Contributing Member

You mean African American Idol? :D

12. RocketMan Tex

RocketMan Tex Contributing Member

This show, just like all reality television, is tailor made for morons.

Therefore, anyone who watches reality television is a moron.

13. A-Train

A-Train Contributing Member

[​IMG]

You're fired!

The Apprentice is pretty much the only reality show worth watching...

14. fadeaway

fadeaway Contributing Member

Generalizations, like all cop-outs, are tailor made for morons. Therefore, anyone who uses a generalization to insult others is a moron.

Yes, I am aware of the irony.

15. MR. MEOWGI

MR. MEOWGI Contributing Member

You figured out the show is stupid all by yourself? WOW!

I still watch though (when my wife makes me)

16. AstroRocket

AstroRocket Member

No offense taken, because honestly, I kinda thought the same thing about George back when I first met him. But trust me, it's all 100% genuine. He really is like that. It's crazy, I know, but George is really a one-of-a-kind character. All the smiling, the seemingly general happiness at just being alive, its all real. That's just how George is. He's one of the most unique people I've ever known.

I guess I can understand where you're coming from though. Sometimes it can't be helped. George is the kind of person some people just have to meet to believe.