1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Alternate Universe] No trades, no free agents, just picks

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by cambyrd, May 6, 2007.

1. cambyrd

cambyrd Member

If the Rockets had kept everyone that they had ever drafted without signing any free agents are making any trades, would you be comfortable putting this team on the floor every night? Of course, I have accounted for everyone that has retired or gone out of the league for some reason or another. If I missed anyone, feel free to point it out.

Sam Cassell/Luther Head
    Cuttino Mobley/Rudy Gay
    Richard Jefferson/Eduardo Najera/Bostjan Nachbar/Steve Novak
    Kenny Thomas/Robert Horry/Othella Harrington
    Yao Ming/Joel Przybilla/Jason Collins

My depth chart might be a bit out of whack. But then again, so would the Rockets management for not drafting many guards over the past twenty years.

Oh, and if anybody wants to, you can use Malick Badiane even though he'll never make it into the NBA. I know you want to.

2. sohrab

sohrab Member

This is ridiculous. Your next year's draft pick is determined by how well you did that year. If we had certain players our record would have been different in each year, so you can't tell who the next draft pick would be.

3. cambyrd

cambyrd Member

Indeed. I realize that reality would creep into the alternate universe scenario and completely rearrange everything. In fact, if there were no trades, then why don't the Rockets have 1st round draft picks every year? As I freely admit, the scenario has flaws. Nonetheless, it is the scenario I proposed as I am free to start my own threads. If you think it's stupid, feel free not to reply and allow it to die a merciful death like all the others on this board are content to do. If you can think of another scenario, then maybe one day you can start a thread of your own.

4. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

[alternate universe] stupid threads about stupid things do not exist. I can almost see it.