1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Alperen Sengun is the Rockets' REAL franchise player - all other threads are copycats

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by AroundTheWorld, Jan 17, 2023.

1. Rinaldi

Rinaldi Member

u contradict with yourself. if those SOF's are only here for Sengun, they would not care where he plays. Him being traded causing curtain fires here is not logical. a SOF would want him to succeed anywhere. but u say they only want him to succeed here in houston. Strange logic?!

and there was one crazy SOF that would fit your criteria, and he was banned like a month ago... so child, you are BASELESS...

clos4life and invocux like this.
  2. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

They'll cry themselves to sleep about how their deity is being treated....then they'll go pretend to be fans of whatever team he's traded to.

It'll be super ugly for that brief time before they go, but it'll ultimately be a good thing for the board and for the team as a whole.

3. Rinaldi

Rinaldi Member

dont feed the troll. that is just someone else's third account that only posts on Sengun topics. ignore is the best option.

AroundTheWorld likes this.
  4. VooDooPope

VooDooPope Love > Hate

there was no point of my take that was dumb, which is exactly why you didn’t refute any point I made.

I only asked why the hate as I’ve seen you and other
    “Rockets Fans” dogging Sengun and actively wanting him to be traded.

You explained it. Covered it with his “short comings” but in reality you were most honest when you said it was his fans.

I am and will always be a rockets fan first. clutch fans is the only insane fan club I’m part of. Players will come and go but I’m pulling for them all when they’re here. But haters gonna hate and I just don’t get it especially for a kid with so much talent. I definitely wouldn’t let his fans keep me from liking him but you do you.

5. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

He has used derogatory terms/ insults to probably over 1,000 people at this point on Clutchfans. To the point where his feelings were so hurt, he chided a poster for having an autistic child in the debate section.

Normal behavior for a well adjusted and successful adult. I would heed his words about as much as a person mumbling incoherent thoughts out loud that I was passing on the sidewalk.

6. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

The part that was "dumb" was you doubling down on the idea that I "hate" Sengun.

I get it though, I'm dealing with a cult, I can't expect much.

7. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I LOVE that you still throw a tantrum about me being a little overly harsh while smacking a troll all those years ago.

Let those tears out.

8. Rinaldi

Rinaldi Member

just a point of thought. i have access to most games and i try to watch them in the middle of nights here in Europe. many others around here, and most probably in Turkiye, have not access to the games. Turkish NBA TV and SSport channels showed only 3 games of Sengun this year. Only 3! and they show a total of average 2-3 NBA games a night. that is because Rockets suck. and Sengun sat down in two of those 3 games with strange excuse injuries.

what I am trying to say is that, when you only watch the highlights, Jalen Green may look like AI or Jabari may look like some any decent NBA player. or Sengun may look like Jokic Sabonis combined.. that is the highlight effect.

but I watch the games and I know Sengun is mostly lost at defense, many times terrible, so I understand the evaluations here. Highlights dont show those. Others with only highlight videos will of course be more biased towards positive clips of him. yet who in the team is not terrible in defense? even the clown Jabari known for defense according to highlight queens is actually terrible at D for now. and so the others..

there is context, there is availability, and there is bias. you sir have bias. while those u accuse mostly have context or availability issues. that makes u the same as that blocked guy (i forgot his name here, now tweeting Sengun is better than Jokic etc stuff)...

9. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

Fixed that for you. I also watch the games. And I look at the stats.

10. Rinaldi

Rinaldi Member

wait for the paragraph after that lol :)

AroundTheWorld likes this.
  11. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Bias is impossible to completely avoid, but I'm not biased against Sengun the player. His cult? Yeah, for sure.

He's the kind of guy you'd build a team around if he didn't have the physical shortcomings that will put a cap on his potential.

If you follow the baseball reference, I see Sengun as a AAAA guy, someone who is far too good to be at one level, but not good enough to be at the next level.

You would watch this guy coming off the bench and think "wow, he could be great", but if actually in that role, his shortcomings will lead to "Can't play Kanter" moments and he'll head back to the bench.

Look, I'd be happy to be wrong, he seems like a great guy, I just don't see physical shortcomings being something that can be overcome.

Rinaldi likes this.
  12. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

Ah I didn't see whom you were responding to.

I had briefly done a general amnesty, but that guy went back onto ignore after a very short while.

Rinaldi likes this.
  13. Rinaldi

Rinaldi Member

Shortly, Sengun needs to work very hard in summers, shoot thousand threes and FTs a day, stay with the team (instead of playing with national team for non-important games) and make himself the best he could be. and also stop talking with ball and refs, so irritating..

I don't see that passion in him for the last two summers at his holidays and in his instagram stories. Hedo went from being a brick in 3 pointers to NBA leading 3 pointer of a season, because he worked hard. and that chick who packaged Sengun, that is another danger for a 20 year old teen.

BTW, even the national Turkish team had the same defensive problems last summer and used a 7 foot 3 point shooter (Barcelona player) as a 5 next to Sengun while Sengun was a 4. so, pray for Wemby ;)

14. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

There is a reason why I say BTG is feces masquerading as human. Never said that about anyone else on CF no matter how bad arguments got on here. Not sure why Clutch ever let this POS back on CF.

HardenReturns and AlperenSengun like this.
  15. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

I am not sure myself. Clutch is an extremely nice person from every experience I have read and watched over the years. I have never personally reported a post on here not that big a deal to me.

BBG is an intelligent person with smart opinions quite often. He just seems to be a mean and hateful person. Someone that would I would have 0% chance of even being an acquaintance much less a friend in real life with a personality like that. He will either stop calling people stupid and dumb on here or eventually likely be kicked to the curb.

AlperenSengun likes this.
  16. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

I honestly can’t see any intelligence in someone who compares Green to Brewer. That said, you have seen his posts way more as I actively avoid folks like him. Will have to take your word for it.

peleincubus likes this.
  17. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Throw a fit about it if you like, but I'm not actually a "hateful" person, I just don't put up with whiners or stupidity and unfortunately there is an over abundance of both here from time to time.

Given the things I don't tolerate, I would agree that there's a 0% chance I'd allow you to associate with me even as an acquaintance.

Not a big deal though, I'm sure you'll be fine.

18. invocux

invocux Member

My god you are miserable.

19. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

Looking at that video from when he was 16, just over 3 years ago, he has gotten much more athletic already. I mean, he looked like teenage Kenny Lofton in that video...or like Daishen Nix's brother from another mother or something.

Looks like he is in Turkey right now...don't eat too much Turkish food - get him on a strict diet and tough lifting/athletic training schedule, and see what happens!

BamBam likes this.
  20. CXbby

CXbby Member