1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Alperen Sengun is the Rockets' REAL franchise player - all other threads are copycats

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by AroundTheWorld, Jan 17, 2023.

1. glimmertwins

glimmertwins Member

Happy to be part of the page 420 part of Sengun's legacy.

fryjol7 and AroundTheWorld like this.
  2. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Member
    Supporting Member

you're doing it wrong

3. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

How do you go from Stanley Okoro to change to Adam Boner.

Alpe had some fat lips as a teenager.

4. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Yet another dumb comparison. Did you even watch Elton Brand play? He was nothing like Sengun, just like Scola wasn't.

Then you bring in the race card.

You're just trolling, I guess.

5. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

It's good Jalen doesn't have an ego preventing him from acknowledging this is Alphi's team.

Then again, Udoka's heavy presence may have had something to do with it. If Stephen Silas and KPJ were still around, Alpi wouldn't have touched the ball.

AroundTheWorld and cml750 like this.
  6. AlperenSengun

AlperenSengun Member

Of course, it is udoka making the decision. We can't know how Green feels about it but I don't think he has a problem with it. That's the way it works when you have competent coach, players trust him.

AroundTheWorld likes this.
  7. cml750

cml750 Member

Good point. Let me edit it:

@AroundTheWorld was 100% justified starting this thread last season (and a realist). It is on full display now. Anyone who still has doubts needs a lesson in basketball 101 or they are nothing but a pure hater.

AroundTheWorld likes this.
  8. Jags

Jags Member

9. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

It's on JG to figure out how to get open. Udoka's offense presents multiple ways to do that. For now (and maybe forever), the offense works best when he plays off the ball and does not initiate.

Bottom line: His comfort zones have to change or he'll get left behind.

AroundTheWorld and cml750 like this.
  10. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

long neck and lower shoulders confirmed :D

11. Jags

Jags Member

If not much changes by trade deadline, the organization needs to pivot to building the perfect team around Sengun. He badly needs a legit 1A/1B co-star at the 4 spot who can:

A) Protect the rim
    B) Stretch the floor
    C) Consistently score 20-25ppg
    D) In the 25 years old range

Lauri Markkanen and Jaren Jackson Jr fit the bill. I’m not sure either would be available but I wonder if Utah or Memphis would listen with some combination of Jalen, Jabari, and/or BKN picks.

The perimeter around Sengun looks solid enough with Fred, Brooks, Eason, Amen, Tate, and even Cam with his cutting ability and defensive potential.

Boii likes this.
  12. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

13. fryjol7

fryjol7 Member

Last night, Jalen and Jabari let us know who they believe is the franchise player.

YaosDirtyStache likes this.
  14. hlmbasketball

hlmbasketball Member
    Supporting Member

I never said he played like Sengun. They play different positions. They both have similar qualities; both are/were good players but not great, both avg athletic ability, both good offensive players but limited defensively.

And why would I bring up someone 15 - 20 yrs ago if I never seen him play? Sengun and Brand have very similar qualities.

And finally, I think its an interesting question, "Would there be this much hoopla, if Sengun were black?"

15. hlmbasketball

hlmbasketball Member
    Supporting Member

Right language, wrong context!

@AroundTheWorld[/USER] was 100% justified starting this thread last season. It is on full display now. Anyone who still has doubts could be a REALIST but they could possibly need a lesson in basketball 101 or they are nothing but a pure hater

#8415 hlmbasketball, Nov 20, 2023
    Last edited: Nov 20, 2023
  16. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

Are we still shopping him tho. I heard we were like 60 % confident that we were.

#8416 AroundTheWorld, Nov 20, 2023
    Last edited: Nov 20, 2023
  17. cml750

cml750 Member

Brand never had the Bball IQ that Sengun does. He was not someone that you can run the offense through. He may have been a focal point of some teams offenses but never the hub. Sengun on the other hand, like jokic, is a "point center" that can not only get 20/10 but can also dish about 5-10+ assist per game because the offense is run through him. He may never get to Jokic's level but he is already the closest player to him and he is barely 21. He is not a finished product. He will get better. The only question is what is his ceiling?

Based on that it would not matter if they were purple. Sengun's race has zero to do with anything.

cmoak1982 and AroundTheWorld like this.
  18. glimmertwins

glimmertwins Member

I blame all of you

Os Trigonum likes this.
  19. cml750

cml750 Member

I know it is my fault. I have been married for almost 31 years. I have learned everything is my fault. ;)

slothy420, maypk, Os Trigonum and 2 others like this.
  20. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member