1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Alperen Sengun is the Rockets' REAL franchise player - all other threads are copycats

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by AroundTheWorld, Jan 17, 2023.

1. TriumVirate

TriumVirate Member

Those open 3s we got Dillon last night, we need to give some of those to JG. If we are going to make Sengun our 1st option (which we should), we need to look at the games JG played well. In the games JG played well, we ran a lot of plays with JG coming off of Sengun's screen and Sengun would drop it off to him and he would either shoot an open 3 or drive into the lane. JG should really look to play more like Jamal Murray off ball. We need to use Sengun more to make the game easier for the rest of our players. Let our other players play off of Sengun

RudyTBag and cmoak1982 like this.
  2. AlperenSengun

AlperenSengun Member

It actually worked perfectly. Rockets would go to ot with a huge advantage if they could defend the last ball.

3. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Alperen was tossed into the fire and therefore passed the Trial of Fire.

cryout75 likes this.
  4. Sengun

Sengun Member

What does Chet have to do with anything here right now?

Yours is really starting to look like pure hatred.

5. conquistador#11

Was it this year or last year that we used Boban to guard the inbound pass on a last shot? I want to see that it again. Putting Tate isn't really doing anything. Rather the inbound passer be uncomfortable, call a timeout.

Easy likes this.
  6. Sengun

Sengun Member

Against Nuggets, Tate won the game with steal.
    Yesterday Brooks just needed to stand up to Lebron instead of trying to be the hero.

7. TriumVirate

TriumVirate Member

I think the reason we didn't do that was because there's 4 seconds left on the clock. That's enough time for them to run an actual play so we needed someone that can guard not just the inbound, but the perimeter as well. If there were only 1 second left, then yeah going with Boban would be the right move.

8. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Member
    Supporting Member

In the spirit of this post, I’ll add another.
    • Quick, strong, simple moves to the basket like we saw on Lebron last night to close the game. The secondary up and unders and all the counters will be there, but first we gotta get back to the basics and start bullying people over and over again with the simple stuff. People don’t always realize that the only reason that Hakeem’s bag worked was because he had the simple stuff mastered and he would torture people with it.

9. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

I feel bad for Stephen Silas. Got to watch Sengun daily for years and was oblivious to how good he is. Shameful what he did during his time here.

slothy420, A_3PO, RudyTBag and 4 others like this.
  10. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

11. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

12. wlekfjv923n

wlekfjv923n Member

If there was any doubt... Sengun is our franchise player. Along with 12 others.

Jokes aside, I think we should be thrilled we found a legitimate building piece. At the end of the day, you don't want several pretty good pieces, you'd rather find that one real franchise building piece and then patiently build piece by piece. This season is about getting better and seeing if we have a real franchise altering thing. We've been winning a bit and we're getting greedy (me included) but we gotta play the long game. We found a piece and now need to objectively see if there's another piece. JG looks solid but doesn't look like that piece to me. (don't get all trade JG now on me now)

RudyTBag likes this.
  13. the11mingdynasty

Getting shades of Stockton and Malone watching the FVV/28 pick and roll.

AroundTheWorld likes this.
  14. kokozo

kokozo Member

His FT % was 28/31 in 6 matches in the summer when he was playing for Turkey, don't know why he is shooting much worse in the NBA.

AroundTheWorld and RudyTBag like this.
  15. maypk

maypk Member

Alperen's biggest flaw is positioning himself against ball handlers who attack the rim after pick and rolls. Once he figures that out, he's already a star player in the NBA at age 21.

I'm not that worried about ft% and 3p%. He'll improve those for sure.

AlperenSengun and AroundTheWorld like this.
  16. cml750

cml750 Member

@AroundTheWorld was 100% justified starting this thread last season. It is on full display now. Anyone who still has doubts needs a lesson in basketball 101 or they are nothing but a pure hater.

RudyTBag and AroundTheWorld like this.
  17. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

I like it and hate it at the same time ;)

cml750 likes this.
  18. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

I would think that Ime and his team can help him with that flaw. Looks to me like he is already improving.

19. hlmbasketball

hlmbasketball Member
    Supporting Member

Lol. I laugh but I sincerely hope so, because it's good for the Rockets.

20. hlmbasketball

hlmbasketball Member
    Supporting Member

You forgot a REALIST.