1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Live Rockets Discussion
    We are ONE DAY AWAY from the NBA Draft and knowing what the Rockets will do with the #3 selection. We're talking Rockets and the NBA Draft LIVE at 8:00pm CT!

Talking Rockets - LIVE!
  3. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    The NBA Draft is here! Come join Clutch in the ClutchFans Room Wednesday night at 6:30pm CT as we host the live online NBA Draft Watch Party. Who will the Rockets select at #3?

NBA Draft - LIVE!

All talk and no play

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by OTMax, Nov 17, 2015.

1. OTMax

OTMax Member

Seriously, that's what it's come down to. All these articles and quotes that the team will turn it around, show that they've put this behind them, come back with a vengeance etc. They are just all talk, especially with Ty & Harden's big mouths and McHale's constant ranting about playing harder and not talking. Ironically he is all talk and no play as well. Has nothing in game to show he's up for the task as a coach.

2. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

Talking doesn't win you games. I have never seen talking put up points and rebounds

Clapping wins you games so come on

"Play Harder, play smarter, some juice and throwing darts" "clap clap"

3. cheke64

cheke64 Member

It starts with our GM and ends with our GM

4. el_locoteee

el_locoteee Member

I think the Role of a coach is to talk and not to play.

5. OpenLayup-Why3?

1. No one called out Harden in players meeting, so the horrible play will continue and they'll say: "I dunno what's happenin"
    2. Our team can't be that stupid? Do they really don't see it's mostly if not all because of Harden?
    3. Do you wait Christmas or DMo's return more? What if it's the same day/thing?

6. rocketsballin

rocketsballin Member

dont forget about the brick bros.t hey're missing all their shots. they get a lot of blame too

7. BackdoorHarden

I thought they didn't talk, that was t he problem

clap clap

8. WilliamGCash

WilliamGCash Member

Do you know this? Or just assuming?

9. OpenLayup-Why3?

An educated guess. Harden is the star, go to player of this team. You really think someone other than Dwight would call him out? And Dwight doesn't want to cause drama. Even coach doesn't bench Harden when it's obvious he's killing the team. Everyone's just too afraid of him. I start to believe that Bballholic was right when he said that Harden decided to play Jones over DMo in the Blazers series.
    There were no hints in Lawson's words about "certain players bla bla bla", so I can assume they talked same **** McHale talks: "we need to play harder, no slacking on D". And it's absolutely obvious that no one said: "James, you need to start playing defense".

10. rocketsballin

rocketsballin Member

I DESERVE THE MVP!
    IM THE REAL MVP!
    IM THE BEST PLAYER IN THE WORLD!
    ITS JUST ONE GAME!
    I AINT WORRIED!
    THIS IS THE NBA! GOOD TEAMS ALWAYS LOSE TO THE NETS!
    WE LOST TO THE ****IN NETS! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

11. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

i would actually like to hear some talk from the GM. i would think some sort of apology to the fanbase is in order for the miserable product they have put on the floor thus far. instead all we've gotten from the front office to date is a tweet from tad brown attempting to blow sunshine up everyone's ass. morey hiding and ignoring this abortion of a season does not reflect well on the franchise.

12. OpenLayup-Why3?

In all seriousness, we gonna snap out of this misery any day now and this downfall will only make us stronger and more prepared for the playoffs.

13. J.R.

J.R. Member

Kevin McHale was right. Dwight Howard agrees. We talk too much. Talking doesn't win basketball games.

14. rocketsballin

rocketsballin Member

all talk no play make harden a gay boy?

15. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

There's no reason to believe that the Rockets will turn it around this year. How many losses have to mount before we understand that this team is just not good. The sooner the team as a whole realizes that they suck, the better they will play mainly because the sense of entitlement and complacency will disappear.

16. BackdoorHarden

It's just one game. Relax

17. dmoneybangbang

It's funny watching idiots without a single clue what goes on behind the scenes.

18. abaker28

abaker28 Member

Isn't is 'the sooner Morey & Les realise they/we suck both in players and coaches'?
    After all, they make the decisions to hire and fire.

19. BackdoorHarden

THEY AIN'T EVEN THAT GOOD

I'M STILL THE CHAMPION[​IMG]

20. Rio Rocket

Rio Rocket Member

counterpoint: they play several times a week