1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Live Rockets Discussion
    We are ONE DAY AWAY from the NBA Draft and knowing what the Rockets will do with the #3 selection. We're talking Rockets and the NBA Draft LIVE at 8:00pm CT!

Talking Rockets - LIVE!
  3. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    The NBA Draft is here! Come join Clutch in the ClutchFans Room Wednesday night at 6:30pm CT as we host the live online NBA Draft Watch Party. Who will the Rockets select at #3?

NBA Draft - LIVE!

All I want for Christmas........

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by jopatmc, Nov 23, 2006.

1. jopatmc

jopatmc Contributing Member

Okay guys, this is it.

Christmas is coming, which means December which means trading season followed by the trade dealine. It's time to get our Christmas wishes down and post our desired trades.

All I want for Christmas is ........

1. A combination of Mo Pete for Sura's contract and our #1 pick along with our TE to Denver for Reggie Evans. Toronto would have to get the pick to make this happen.

or

2. Bonzi and Sura's contracts to the Clips for Corey Maggette. We'd have to give up our pick for that deal too.

or

3. Juwan, Bonzi, Novak, and Sura's contract to the Sonics for Rashard and Earl Watson. I think I'd do this one too. Rashard is a great shooter and we would have to give them either our pick or Novak or both along with taking back Watson's contract to get this one done.

4. Bonzi and Sura's contract to Denver for Reggie Evans and Julius Hodge. I like this deal because we actually use our TE to acquire Evans and then we net a new TE with a value of around $4.6 million.

5. Juwan and Sura's deals to the Knicks for Jerome James and either QRich or Crawford. (They'll probably send QRich.)

As you can see a lot of these deals involve Sura's contract. Sorry, I love the guy but either he plays or retires. We've got to know by December. If he essentially retires he is salary cap relief for somebody and obviously including him in a deal for Juwan makes it more likely that we can actually move Juwan. We need a backup center. Jerome is expensive....but so is Juwan. And if we can move him for Jerome and somebody, I think it is worth it.

The Rashard Lewis deal is a dream.....but if he decides he wants out and they are going south, anything can happen. Mo Pete is a no brainer. And I like the way Evans has been playing. I like the fact that we could have a hustle player on the floor at all times with him and Chuckie and if we were able to move Juwan and/or Bonzi and/or Sura for another shooter/defender, then Evans would make a lot of sense. However, for Denver to send him to us, I think we'd have to send them Bonzi.

Anyways, one of those deals is what I want for Christmas.

2. hotblooded

hotblooded Member

you stole my christmas wishes :mad: :D

3. lastopsuburb

lastopsuburb Member

I wish Bonzi rejoins the team and our TE can help us land a decent PF.

4. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

All I wish for are 3 Essential recipies for a championship!

1) Juwan Howard to just go away to some remote Island and shoot coconuts.

2) Rafer Alston to grow a heart and a head or ride the bench at crunchtime.

3) Gundy to get rid of his stubborn ways.

5. Matt78777

Matt78777 Contributing Member

why reggie evans? don't we have our own version in chuck hayes? If we're going to pick up new players, they shouldn't be like players we already have.

6. drich

drich Member

I would love to see jamal crawford come over in some kind of deal but more than likely it would be Q Rich.

7. DwangBoy

DwangBoy Member

this wish might actually happen.. seeing as how the players you want are from the knickerbockas.

8. amathie

amathie Member

i believe we still have a TE 4.2M, don't we?
    we better use it before the trade deadline.

if JVG is not going to play bonzi,
    ( i don't really blame JVG for that since bonzi is not disciplined )
    we might trade him (packing him with JHo or/and Sura)
    for some solid backup C / PF, since bonzi is very likely to leave
    after this season anyway.

9. Rockets2K

Rockets2K Clutch Crew

A little something I picked up off TV last night might help shed a little light on this.

Bob Sura profile from Rockets Insider

yousendit link for the above video its only good for 25 downloads, so get it while ya can

#9 Rockets2K, Nov 23, 2006
    Last edited: Nov 23, 2006
  10. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

bonzi and howard for etan thomas.

11. jopatmc

jopatmc Contributing Member

I figured this would be asked. The reason is very simple. Because we are so good with Hayes out there. Why not get another one and have one of those guys on the floor every minute of the game. We need to move away from midrange non athletic mediocre shooters (Juwan) and towards big time defensively active rebounding power forwards who are garbage men and 3 point bombers. We pick up Rashard to go along with our other shooters or we pick up a guy like Mo Pete to go along with our other shooters, then go get another banger. Evans and Hayes could effectively man a lot of minutes at the PF spot and backing up Yao at the 5.

Deke is not going to make it playing this many minutes during the regular season. JVG needs another big to do the dirty work and let Deke ride the bench until the playoffs. I can't hardly believe he has gotten the minutes he has gotten this early. And Evans' contract is very reasonable for what he brings to the table. I'd love to have him as the primary big off the bench behind both Yao and Chuckie. Surround those guys with shooters and we should be good. I want our team to outboard every opponent by 10 a game, especially getting on the offensive glass. It will make our shooters better and Yao even more effective.

Besides, if being different is the criteria, then I guess we just keep Juwan??? He is different, you know. :cool:

#11 jopatmc, Nov 23, 2006
    Last edited: Nov 24, 2006
  12. krnxsnoopy

krnxsnoopy Contributing Member

A trade pursuing Mo Pete woudl not be a bad idea. I really like it!

Mo Pete is struggling in Toronto right now as Fred Jones is now starting at 2.. I feel we may have a chance of getting him at a reasonable price.. Mo Pete would be great on this team!

13. awo86

awo86 Rookie

delonte west or carlos arroyo!!!!!!!

14. HoopsFancy

HoopsFancy Member

delonte hasn't played very well so far this season..

now arroyo is a nice player. his performance in the fiba world cup was amazing.

15. Honey Bear

Honey Bear Contributing Member

I would be wary of Peterson. The guy has been lit up by whoever he's tried to defend this season and Sam Mitchell benched him in favor of Fred Jones because "he needed more energy and athleticism in the starting unit". Statistically he has been all negatives (offensively and defensively) for his team, so it won't be a Morey decision.

16. Casper

Casper Member

Bonzi gets his act together, adds minutes game by game and provides that late game offensive impact that we've needed

And Sura makes his return December 23rd versus the Clippers and lights up the highlight reels!

17. xiaoqiuqiu

xiaoqiuqiu Member

My wishies,

Brown to replace JVG

18. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

one simple wish....

novak replaces padgett in the rotation. please baby jesus make it happen.

19. chris_Rocket

chris_Rocket Member

You want Jerome James?? :mad: :mad:

20. krayziefl

krayziefl Member

I just want the rockets to be #1 in the southwest division, Stay healthy and more practice time together and Bonzi getting a brain get in shape and play.