1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

All 'Dre wants for Christmas is the playoffs

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by J.R., Dec 18, 2009.

1. J.R.

J.R. Member

Is that too much to give him? :confused:;)

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/sports/solomon/6776536.html

Some interesting quotes in there.

2. DieHard Rocket

DieHard Rocket Contributing Member

I find it hard to believe that Dre said “Do I have to go to another team for it to happen?” in the context that it appears in this article. Especially coming from Solomon.

I'm guessing it went something like this, where he repeated the question:

JS: Do you think you'll have to go to another team to get to the playoffs?
    AJ: Do I have to go to another team for it to happen? You don't want to go jumping from team to team looking for it, that's crazy. There are some guys who play for a different team every other year. That's not me. I don't want my career to be like that.

3. DonnyMost

DonnyMost not wrong
    Supporting Member

That is exactly what I was thinking...

4. emjohn

emjohn Contributing Member

Maybe he can do more - is anyone on the roster getting after the offense for their ridiculous 2-quarters-only mandate?

5. Depressio

Depressio Contributing Member

The threat of AJ80 leaving should be enough to spring the entire team into action.

That said, playoffs are unrealistic this year. Losing to the Titans sealed that fate.

6. DieHard Rocket

DieHard Rocket Contributing Member

Fixed.

Even after the three big losses in a row, we win that game against Jacksonville and we would have control over our own destiny right now. They knew how big it was going in (and that it would all but knock out Jax, one of the contenders) and still blew it. It would've been easy to look over the previous three losses had we won that game.

That being said, I'm still going to hold out hope, because at least it will give these games meaning- and don't we, as Houston sports fans, deserve a lucky break?

7. WoodlandsBoy

WoodlandsBoy Contributing Member

Ah no. The Jets are 7-6, Bal is 7-6, we would still need help. We would be in better shape but not control our own destiny....

8. ROXRAN

ROXRAN Contributing Member

Dre is likely one of very few players younger than 30 that could go to the HOF right away based on statistics at his position and it is so easy to take him for granted...I would love nothing more for him to get there while he is still in his prime...