1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Ah good ole Utah fans

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by RKREBORN, Apr 28, 2018.

1. RKREBORN

RKREBORN Member

I can see they are racist and ignorant as ever. I remember as a kid in the 90's hating their fans. I remember when they came out with some "Walk like a Nigerian" song to insult Hakeem, and now making childish "rap" videos. Some things never change. I will never forget "Stockton at the buzzer" either. Hopefully Rockets will sweep these losers.

Zboy, BigMaloe, AXG and 8 others like this.
  2. mockster

mockster Member

How are they racist though?, I agree their crappy fans but throwing the racist term at every oppurtunity for Someone or group of people you don’t care for is pretty over used

I suppose “walk like a Nigerian” in the 90s was somewhat racist but in terms of now I don’t see it

3. DirtyDizzil

DirtyDizzil Member

Loved it when the rockets played, its a small world for the orlando magic during the 95 finals player introduction.

4. HAYJON02

HAYJON02 Member

Not only do you contradict yourself from one sentence to the second, but your sentences don't even contain boundaries or consistent capitalization. Quit anti-PC warrior-ing, read some books, and hate on the Jazz like a normal tribalistic sports fan. Pffffffft. That's an onomatopoeia, you fart-burglar.

5. RealRocFan47

RealRocFan47 Member

I haven’t personally experienced any racism from Utah Fans, but have heard a few different stories. And one thing that’s for sure...You can definitely tell the difference in diversity from Our fans and theirs when watching the games...lol

6. HAYJON02

HAYJON02 Member

Remember that one time a Clutchfan started a thread complaining about the "urban" music at Toyota Center? We have plenty of Mitt Romney's in H-town. It's just big enough to include other people who peaceably make them take stock of their surroundings.

And while we're at it... anyone notice how Japanese our arena's name sounds? We should DO something about this kind of nonsense. Fiddlesticks!

7. tmac

tmac Member

**** 'em.

BigMaloe, Tfor3, tmactoyao and 2 others like this.
  8. Roxnostalgia

Roxnostalgia Member

No experience with racism but during a playoff game there during the McGrady years they threw pizza at me and my pregnant girlfriend.

Also the Rox lost by like 30.

9. RKREBORN

RKREBORN Member

If you knuckleheads don’t think Utah fans are racist, then you are way too young to be participating in this thread.

Even Charles Barkley, Derek Fisher (who I don’t care for), and recently Russell Westbrook have said the same thing. If you don’t see it, then you are choosing to avoid it

IvanLCPM, dkim1984, Spacemoth and 7 others like this.
  10. RKREBORN

RKREBORN Member

Let me guess. You’re born in late 90’s and hipster?

CometsWin likes this.
  11. RocketsFido

RocketsFido Member

Hopefully Harden doesn't crumble under all the racist slurs he's about to receive.

Rox11 likes this.
  12. Realjad

Realjad Member

They are racist for the same reason Donald Trump is racist

13. D-rock

D-rock Member

He's more worried about being called ugly, smelling like Wendy's baconator fries or weed, while protecting his beard.

Racist slurs are secondary problems.

Williamson and Verbal Christ like this.
  14. HAYJON02

HAYJON02 Member

Eesh.. I hate hipsters too, but I don't think you know what one is.

Nimo, jboslett and napalm06 like this.
  15. 1Deep

1Deep Member

We laugh but it's really disgusting that fans can't find a way to support their team without being totally disrespectful to their opponent.

I 100% agree with Westbrook that it's time for the league to do something abt ignorant out of control fans that think they are allowed to act an ass because they bought a ticket.

dkim1984 and csj like this.
  16. FTW Rockets FTW

Look man, my cousin lives there and I visited in Decemebr
    UtaH is 90% mormons and rest imbeciles

17. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

If any Utah Jazz fan decides to talk crap just ask them to google Utah Jazz Championships... even Championship banners or rings....
    2 > 0

dkim1984, Deckard and Plowman like this.
  18. htwnbandit

htwnbandit Member

I remember one time somebody up there made fun of Fisher's daughter who I think had eye cancer by covering one of their eyes with their hand while he shot a free throw.

Edit: Found it

[​IMG]

19. RKREBORN

RKREBORN Member

Eat crow Utah fans!

dkim1984 and Tfor3 like this.
  20. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

Mutumbo once said in this article that the type of stuff you hear there is definitely racist and not stuff you'll hear anywhere else.

Its not everybody fersure, I mean their best players have always been black, but they have more racists imo

don grahamleone likes this.