1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Agent to Heat: LeBron James opting out

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Camarograna2, Jun 24, 2014.

1. Kam

Kam Member

Has Lebron agreed to terms yet?

2. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Member

LeBron is taking his talents to Santos to play for Santos F.C.

3. jim1961

jim1961 Member

4. redhotrox

redhotrox Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>24 hours into free agency, LeBron James has been quiet. Teams hoping to engage have been mostly unable. No doors closed but teams moving on</p>&mdash; Brian Windhorst (@WindhorstESPN) <a href="https://twitter.com/WindhorstESPN/statuses/484175500366323713">July 2, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

5. Aruba77

Aruba77 Member

Interesting...suns, Mavs, rockets. Presumably Bron empowered his agent to talk to those teams.

Suns can offer opportunity for Melo and Bron to play together (but so can other teams through trades and there's no indication Melo would even consider the Suns).

Mavs seems like it's courtesy and respect for a past champ. Dirk/Bron is worth discussing, great coach, great owner (but the rest of their roster is terrible and aging).

Houston offers the best opportunity to win.

But it's hard to take any of this seriously. Seems like he's Miami bound. Or is he just being respectful enough of Pat to give him time to improve the roster?

6. Rileydog

Rileydog Member

The Heatles have give Riley parameters of deals they would sign, but contingent upon Riley delivering satisfactory FAs with the money they gave up.

The pressure remains on Riley to close on those FAs. Otherwise, I think Lebron signs a 1 year deal or leaves, and wade and bosh will stay but on more lucrative contracts.

7. meh

meh Member

I know people will think I'm dreaming. But I think if all the top level FAs have moved past what the Heat's "cap space" allowed, there's still a chance LeBron's bolting. Even if he says he'll re-sign for 1 year, I wouldn't say it's impossible that Bosh may think about leaving the team.

8. finsraider

finsraider Member

Not saying this is what's happening but....

"On vacation" is the best cover to meet with teams in secret.

9. The Cat

The Cat Member

New Broussard article:

http://espn.go.com/nba/truehoop/mia...ile&rand=ref~{"ref":"http://t.co/K2133FIiU9"}

10. meh

meh Member

11. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

LeBron is going to inadvertently screw us by being "uncertain" and making us wait for him while Lowry/Melo sign elsewhere.

12. DreaMac

DreaMac Member

I truly hope we are not waiting on him. Doesn't look like it with the aggressive Melo persuit.

On the other hand, if Lebron does become available, we have the option of trading Harden for him. How cold-blooded would Morey be after Harden helps us in our pitch to Melo? :grin:

13. Fyreball

Fyreball Member

There is absolutely no way Morey waits for LeBron. If Melo gives us a commitment in the next 3-4 days, you can bet he pulls the trigger on the Lin deal, and signs Melo immediately. He knows the odds of signing LeBron are slim to none, so he's not sitting around twiddling his thumbs.

1 person likes this.
  14. meh

meh Member

I'd say it's more likely that Melo would wait on LeBron, or at least they coordinate their movements. Perhaps CH will get his dream after all of Harden leaving the team.

15. Aruba77

Aruba77 Member

Agreed. We can win with harden, Melo, Howard and Parsons. You lock that down the second you get the opportunity.

16. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

Well I know he's meeting with his agent this week so there's gotta be something on the table from Morey.

And what about the Lowry situation? Morey is definitely waiting on Melo before officially offering Lowry a contract.

17. lalala902102001

I think there is a 70% chance that LeBron stays in Miami. If he does choose to leave I think the Rockets are as good a destination as he can find around the league.

18. secund2nun

secund2nun Member

I think he leaves Miami. Miami will end up with no good free agent additions.

They won't get any of the following:
    Gasol
    Gortat
    Ariza
    Lowry
    Deng
    Melo
    Bledsoe
    Heyward
    etc

This means Lebron will not return back to Miami imo.

19. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Exactly
    At this point . . . .
    If he wants to win for more than 1 yr AND be paid big time
    Rockets are his team

Otherwise - HE LOSES OUT as much as we do

Rocket River
    F*** waiting around
    Melo agrees . ..sign melo and worry about the rest later
    bird in the hand

20. Rocket Guy

Rocket Guy Member

is worth 2 in the bush. Unless it's a bald eagle, because...well you can go to prison for that.