1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

after the trade deadline passes, what should our top priority be?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by denniscd, Feb 24, 2011.

1. denniscd

denniscd Contributing Member

re sign rick adelman. we are not going to do any better than him...i am concerned that this has not taken place yet. what is holding this up? the lock out, les being unhappy?

lets hopefully hit a home run today and then sign rick back for three or four years

2. aznhowie20

aznhowie20 Member

isnt rick considering retirement?

3. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

What is your deal? Your obsession with Adelman is downright creepy.

1 person likes this.
  4. ArtV

ArtV Contributing Member

Do not want.

5. YaosDirtyStache

I would rather be sodomized with an umbrella than EVER see Rick the RULER leading a rebuilding team. And I am sure he feels the same way.

6. Al Calavicci

Al Calavicci Contributing Member

this x100000000

7. KingStevo10

KingStevo10 Member

Our priority should be find the next face o the franchise via draft/FA/trade.

8. agslai

agslai Contributing Member

The guy has a point in we arent gonna get a much better coach then RA.....Whose a better coach out there on the sideline that would want to come here to coach a mediocre team?

JVG? (yea rite)
    Hubie Brown (too old, but good)
    larry Brown (nah too old and likes to move around)
    Elson Turner (interesting, but no HC experience)
    Mario Elie since radio station been talking bout it (no HC exp)

Not sure who else is out there.....

RA is a very good caoch....we just have decent role players and lost our 2 superstars in TMAC and Yao to injury. Cant bash Morey bc superstars like to go to the glamour cities like LA, NY, Miami, Chi......

9. spaceage808

spaceage808 Member

mass suicide

10. rpr52121

rpr52121 Sober Fan
    Supporting Member

I'm fairly certain Rick will take some time off. It just feels like last season and this season have drained him, especially with the expectation everyone had when he was signed.

The two biggest things the Rockets need to do is find an Assistant coach who is a staunch defensive guru, and get their trainers to either copy of steal the secrets used in Phoenix to prevent major players from getting injured all the time.

11. waytookrzy079

waytookrzy079 Member

If we're rebuilding, chances are Adelman will not wanna go through a rebuilding process. He would probably rather go to a job that has a chance to contend, or just retire.

With that said, I would really like to see either Mario Elie or Elston Turner as the next head coach. If I'm not mistaken, Elie interviewed for the head coaching job after JVG was let go, but Adelman was chosen over him (and rightfully so) and Turner has been looking for a HC job as well.

12. danoman

danoman Contributing Member

More trades in the offseason to improve our roster, maybe trade some of our assets to move up in the draft for a star........bring back jeff van gundy

13. DarylMoney

DarylMoney Member

start with playing some D

14. delishman

delishman Member

It could be time for the Ban.

15. Scolalist

Scolalist Member

Player-coach Shane Battier
    resign Chuck
    Try and deal assets for Granger/paul/love etc.

16. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

My take is this

-First off, new CBA will most likely make Houston a much more attractive place to either be drafted or to play in as a free agent. With the amount of flexibilty they will have financially, and NO STATE TAX, it wont be a long wait for Houston to get back in the playoff picture. Still might take a couple more seasons, but doesn't it always.

-Coaching decision/change - If Adelman wants to come back, Im sure the front office/Les will be open to resigning him if he's up for it. If there are doubts, then it might be a mutual decision to start fresh. Most likely coach will not be high profile, and will come from out of the blue, but will be a good one. I just dont see Houston as the kind of franchise that would give the keys to a coach that has been recycled around the NBA very much.

-Draft big. look for this team to be very aggressive in making moves for the 2012 draft. I wouldnt be surprised if they took a player with upside this upcoming draft, and most likely will look at one of the couple of Euro big men(Donatas, Jan Vessely, etc.) out there. If there is a lockout, those Euro's have a major benefit of being able to develop another season overseas. The 2012 draft should be a pretty deep draft as well.

17. Ramathorn006

Ramathorn006 Contributing Member

Should be to make the playoffs.

18. Bo6

Bo6 Member

OP needs to stop trolling.

Is this the guy who had the Resilient Rick thread last night?

19. vick

vick Member

I will get the LUBE :grin:

20. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

how about we wait and see what happens today first? It's like asking what direction to take without knowing what deals may go through...