1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

African migrants drown themselves in the Med after sinking own boats expecting rescue

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Dei, Jan 31, 2017.

1. Dei

Dei Member

This amateur footage, taken by a Tunisian crewman of a fishing ship, shows the disastrous consequences of the EU's open border policy that permits and encourages the continued scam of illegal African immigrants that deliberately sink their own boats near coast guard vessels to receive a shuttle service to Europe under the disguise of so-called "Syrian refugees". As the African males approach the ship, they capsize their own boats, pretending to be in distress at sea because they assume the ship is equipped to pick up refugees. Is it only after they realize the crew atop the fishing boat is physically unable to provide help that the situation escalates and the Africans start screaming for their life as they drown.

The sailor repeatedly shouts "calma" (stay calm) in Italian in the hope that the immigrants heading for Italy prepared with some basic Italian and understand him. The crew were reluctant to help since letting them on board would have been a serious security risk as it would have them outnumbered 10 to 1. There is also the risk of piracy with hijackers posing as refugees as camouflage. They also appear to only have two lifeboats, so throwing one down just so the migrants would sink it would have made no sense for the crew.

The only way to help would be individuals of the crew rappelling down to to the sea line, which would most likely result in their own death as the immigrants would drag them down.

The EU politicians and all the Leftists supporting the human traffickers and mass invasion of African males by sea are directly responsible for every single death by drowning. If the EU were to pursue a "NO WAY" policy that denies citizenship to anybody illegally approaching the country b boat, such as Australia has done, Europe could successfully reduce the total amount of illegal immigrants coming by sea to zero.

2. Exiled

Exiled Member

so you don't like Capella! that was a long twisted way of saying it..

let's not forget, one of the Italian main signature while occupying Africa (Ethiopia) ,was to chop male genital and perform amputation to control their population

[​IMG]

#2 Exiled, Jan 31, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 31, 2017
  3. nono

nono Member

I wouldn't have helped them up either because next thing I knew I'd be down in the water as well.

Dei likes this.
  4. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

OP, you must be beside yourself w happy excitement. First the inauguration and now this icing on top for you.

5. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

" I am the captain now "

6. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

I don't know what to say. I heard of so many amazing stories about 'boat' people during the vietnam war. So I can empathize with what these people went through. Sadness doesn't have room for blaming at this time.

Buck Turgidson likes this.
  7. glynch

glynch Contributing Member

The EU politicians and all the Leftists supporting the human traffickers and mass invasion of African males by sea are directly responsible for every single death by drowning. If the EU were to pursue a "NO WAY" policy that denies citizenship to anybody illegally approaching the country b boat, such as Australia has done, Europe could successfully reduce the total amount of illegal immigrants coming by sea to zero

What explains the normal level of empathy for dei?

Abused as a child?

I assume dei is your typical let's do some regime change wars conservative.

8. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

This guy in another thread that we shouldn't allow N.Korea refugees into our country because of the possibility that there could be N.Korea spies...oh yeah and he also suggested putting land mines on the border.

I think many conservatives here would actually flip out if Trump started to round up a group of minorities into camps....except for Dei. Dei would be the only guy applauding the action.

9. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

I get that feeling too.

Rocket River

10. R0ckets03

R0ckets03 Contributing Member

Scoring political points in your own mind > any kind of empathy for people who aren't as lucky as you've been in your life

da_juice likes this.
  11. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

A new low?

Yung-T, Major, JayGoogle and 2 others like this.
  12. wouldabeen23

wouldabeen23 Contributing Member

Unlikely that it will be the last

Yung-T and DudeWah like this.
  13. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

Dei has lived a sheltered life and is not familiar with the suffering of other people. He thinks these Africans in the video decided to make an insane sea crossing and risk their lives jumping off this boat simply because they are lazy and want free lunch from the Aryan Free-Lunch Fairy. Dei has not seen the world. In fact, he is just another version of many "libs" whom he hates: a soft-ass sitting in air conditioning his whole life and obsessing over secondary concerns, totally unaware of the primary concerns in other people's lives.

Rocket River likes this.
  14. nickb492

nickb492 Contributing Member

So instead they do nothing and watch humans drown.......i will never understand someone watching this and instead of trying to help, instead just record it.

Yung-T likes this.
  15. dmoneybangbang

I can only assume Dei is a male and was sexually assaulted by minorities male.

16. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

Given his Euro-fascist cross-dressing, I can only figure Dei is into the Rockets for their erotic "urban" characteristics. He certainly does not consider black people as equals. So what are they to him?

17. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Dei must have a lot of trouble saying what he really thinks in real life (he'd get alienated by most of his peers, might get beat up by others) so he has to let all of it out anonymously on the internet.

18. DonnyMost

DonnyMost not wrong
    Supporting Member

This is a rather old story, but this is an article on the situation that goes into much better detail than OP's copy pasta of a Youtube comment.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...sian-fishing-trawler-mistook-coast-guard.html

As far as immigration policy goes - closing the door on these particular people (or others fleeing oppression, poverty, war, etc.) just means they will die elsewhere instead of on a Youtube video at sea. So playing politics with it is silly at best, but rather disgusting when you think about it.

19. Dei

Dei Member

I just said it in the OP: if they went down to help, they could've been dragged into the water. Even if they did somehow get everyone successfully on board, they would have been outnumbered 10:1 which is a security risk, along with the possibility the Africans could have been pirates altogether.

There is absolutely zero fault on the part of the ship crew for their deaths.

You're badly misportraying the situation.

These Africans aren't from Syria - they're from Northern Africa. They're not refugees, they're economic migrants. They aren't freeing from war, they're migrating because they want better lives in Europe than the not necessarily immediately life threatening lives they live in their home countries. They aren't running away from killers and finding ships on the docks - they pay for these boats and are crammed into it in very unsafe conditions. Then, they are told to sink it once they see another boat, because Europeans would come to their rescue. By doing so, Europe is telling them this is a route into Europe. You can risk your lives with the payoff that you become European citizens. Their poor living conditions is sad but it's not grounds to give them immediate access to Europe. And all that's before considering that 1) most of the are able bodied men, 2) may not ascribe to European values, 3) are potential terrorists, 4) there is an abundance of in-boat crime where Muslims throw Christians overboard, 5) how to manage them when they do get to Europe and on and on.

So, yes, policy deserves to be scrutinized here. The chiefly leftist heads of the EU are at fault for the deaths in the Med. The problem is not coincidental, isolated nor forseeably diminishing.

20. Exiled

Exiled Member

I hope they made it safe into the nearest Italian nude beaches filled with lonely bored women's in much needed urge to fulfill their fertility calls
    #oh yes make Italy great yesss oh-ah-gain