1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    The NBA Draft is here! Come join Clutch in the ClutchFans Room Wednesday night at 6:30pm CT as we host the live online NBA Draft Watch Party. Who will the Rockets select at #3?

NBA Draft - LIVE!

Adelman unhappy with back-to-backs

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ths balla, Dec 14, 2009.

1. ths balla

ths balla Member

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=4742381

HOUSTON -- Houston Rockets coach Rick Adelman is criticizing the NBA for setting up his team's late December schedule that includes four straight back-to-back sets.....

didnt see it posted but this December schedule is ridiculous have we not had the most difficult schedule for the first half of the season the last 3 years

2. number22

number22 Member

gotta play the cards you are dealt.
    But i agree that schedule is ridiculous.

3. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

And then people complain when we win 22 late in the year. :rolleyes: :cool:

4. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

Difficult schedule now should set up for easy schedule down the stretch with the youngsters having valuable experience. That being said what's up with the back to backs?

5. reckonerone42

reckonerone42 Member

The whole "playing only really good teams in the first half of the season" thing is fine with me, given that the schedule will eventually even itself out, but these back to backs are awful. David Stern is a tool.

6. lost_elephant

lost_elephant Contributing Member

Thats really putting a awful lot of stress on the player's bodies. Someone is going to get seriously hurt one of these days...

7. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

dude thats terrible i've never seen a team play 4 straight b2b sets even if there is a break between the sets

seriously if the rockets somehow make it out of december with a .500 or above I would be amazed

8. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

It's gotta be tough mentally too. Imagine how you would feel at your job with that kind of schedule during the holidays. And like Adelman mentioned, no time to even practice. I am more concerned with everyone staying tuned-in during that stretch, including the staff.

9. Depressio

Depressio Contributing Member

Objective 1: Stay in the top 8 during this brutal schedule until January 1 (when it begins to alleviate).

Objective 2: Begin home court advantage push in the second half of the season during the much easier schedule.

Objective 3: Win in the playoffs!

Tough.

10. No Chance

No Chance Contributing Member

I just hope they don't get an injury because they are to tired and get careless!

If they come out of December not more then 4 games under 500 we will be good.

11. Yak

Yak Member

So we're going to have 9 back-to-backs in the season by the end of December?

Do most teams even have that many through the ENTIRE season?

12. rodmanhust

rodmanhust Member

he's gotta a point. 4 straight back to backs? that's nonsense.

I guess they arranged schedule to satisfy every other teams first, and lastly fill the rockets in whatever.

13. J.Will.Xu

J.Will.Xu Member

This is really ridiculous and which team in the league have a tougher schedule than we have right now, I mean 9 back-to-backs in December? What were the NBA schedule makers thinking?

They must really want our Rocket to tank this year following the news that our two superstars, well at least one in Yao won't show his appearance on the court this season. :rolleyes:

14. StacyMcGrady3

StacyMcGrady3 Rookie

What isn't Adelman happy with?

He seems to be unhappy about everything. Bitter man indeed.

15. echu888

echu888 Member

so what's your other moniker?

16. BrownBeast99

BrownBeast99 Member

I bet you were happy when JVG was coach since he let McGrady do whatever he wanted but in reality, he was the more bitter coach overall(disregarding his treatment of Mac, which wasn't bitter at all).

17. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Basically, Stern Corleone saw the Rockets as belly-up with no Tmac, no Yao.

So, to help pad the records for younger, "more exciting" teams (OKC, Portland) and give them a chance for the playoffs, the Rockets are given a schedule tantamount to fresh-meat prison-rape and no national TV.

18. StacyMcGrady3

StacyMcGrady3 Rookie

i don't have another moniker.
    you are right. i do miss JVG.

19. Asian Sensation

I think he's unhappy because ultimately he's going to HAVE to play Mcgrady during this rough stretch.

20. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

OK, I am being a conspiracy theorist now, but I do wonder if the leauge is setting up easier early schedule for teams like Lakers and Celtics to get them some early good publicity and momentum. I doubt they intentionally try to screw the Rockets, but if some teams have easy early schedules, others have to fill the void for the difficult ones.