1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA Play-In Tournament action live ...

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

abc Primetime - How Muslims Are Treated In USA

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Chopped, Oct 6, 2009.

1. Chopped

Chopped Member

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/PqbQWxHIn4U&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/PqbQWxHIn4U&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

awesome social experiment.

2. s land balla

s land balla Contributing Member

I saw this recently. IIRC, it was filmed somewhere near Waco.

3. Shovel Face

Shovel Face Member

I buy all my wife's burqas at Exxon On the Run. On Tuesdays you get a free medium Bengal Traders coffee with a purchase of a hijab.

4. BetterThanEver

BetterThanEver Contributing Member

Did anybody find it strange that a Czech bakery cashier said the actor wasn't American and couldn't be served at a bakery that's named after another country?

5. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

Thanks for posting that video. It is both saddening and encouraging at the same time.

I worked with a Pakistani woman who wears the hijab and is a very devout Muslim. She was incredibly qualified, intelligent and became a trusted employee and friend. She was surprised and moved to tears when we hired her because she had endured similar discrimination and couldn't believe we hired her.

On more than one occasion we had to defend her from bigots like some of these folks.

I learned a lot from her.

6. DFWRocket

DFWRocket Member

With a camera behind the counter, I was under the impression that he was an actor too. It seems the social experiment was about the customers and not the cashier. Plus, they interviewed several customers IN the bakery - so the Bakery must've been in on the experiment.

I'm proud of the people that stood up for the poor girl & I'm glad that twice as many stoof up for her than sided with the cashier.

By the way..the Czech stop does have some awesome food, I always stop there when I'm going through West.

7. DFWRocket

DFWRocket Member

Yeah, it is ironic though.