1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

A possible terrorism incident goes unreported, FBI investigating

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Pharaoh King, May 13, 2010.

1. Pharaoh King

Pharaoh King Member

I find it really weird and concerning that an incident like this where an actual bomb goes off (as opposed to a defective bomb which never goes off) does not even register a blib on the radar of the mainstream media in America. Has ANYONE heard anything about this on FOX or CNN or MSNBC? :confused:

Politics of news coverage aside, I am glad no one was hurt.

2. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Member

It's different when white women and white children are not threatened.

3. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Member
    Supporting Member

You can be Muslim and white.

4. Ari

Ari Member

Not really surprised, I am starting to realize the actor is more important than the act itself, that pretty much became crystal clear with the IRS suicide pilot attack in Austin.

People are hypocrites, deal with it, it means nothing in the grand scheme of things.

5. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

It is indeed strange that a possible hate crime like this goes unreported on the big news channels. Perhaps they will pick it up later? :confused: As you said, good thing nobody was hurt.

6. basso

basso Member
    Supporting Member

Paul Hooker, a board member of the Interfaith Council of Jacksonville, issued a statement on behalf of the organization condemning the incident.

"The attempted bombing on Monday night was a cowardly and morally reprehensible act," the statement read. "Such an act besmirches the good name of our city and exposes how much work there is yet to do in teaching the values of religious tolerance and brotherhood."

it'd be nice to see similar statements from muslim clerics after terroist acts committed in the name of isalm.

7. FranchiseBlade

Supporting Member

Let me show you some.

1 person likes this.
  8. FranchiseBlade

Supporting Member

Just because you don't pay attention doesn't mean they don't happen.

or these?

#8 FranchiseBlade, May 14, 2010
    Last edited: May 14, 2010
  9. FranchiseBlade

Supporting Member

or how about these?

10. FranchiseBlade

Supporting Member

or these? Will this work for you?

There is also this...

11. FranchiseBlade

Supporting Member

And even more for you basso...

12. FranchiseBlade

Supporting Member

Let's not forget these hits...

http://www.unc.edu/~kurzman/terror.htm

I could go on and on, but since you haven't been paying attention up until now, I doubt you can pay attention this time.

3 people like this.
  13. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

Thanks for posting these, FranchiseBlade. Most of these appear very sincere and I hope/think that they represent the vast majority of Muslims in the world. There are only very few which sound more "tactical"...as in "we are against this because it doesn't help our cause".

14. Qball

Qball Member

I hope your "hope" can one day turn into a "know".

15. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

That would be nice.

16. Qball

Qball Member

Well only time will tell for people with your stance. The debate of whether "Islam is violent/evil/etc" will be a non-issue just as it was a non-issue 50 years ago. Maybe think about it this way...Perhaps if forums were around in 1100 timeframe, it would be you trying to convince me that people who support the Crusades don't represent the majority and that Christianity does not support violence.

(I completely mean this in the hypothetical sense for drawing a parallel, I'm not even sure if/what religion you are affiliated with, and nor would I make any generalization about Christians)

Point being that the negative connotations of any ideology (political or religious) will eventually be in the negative spotlight one way or another.

17. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

So you expect Islamist terrorism to stop during our lifetime? I must admit I am more skeptical about that.

18. Qball

Qball Member

Not only terrorism, but extremism too. I believe that this terrorism and extremism is based much more on political reasons and such rather than religion. As I pointed out earlier, religion is being used, it is just a guise.

To elaborate a bit further, I think that oil has a factor in this . The oil producing countries that are majority Muslim have levels of radicalism. Why? Well the people that live in these countries are pacified with some money from the sale of oil while they trade in their freedom. Let's pretend that oil prices drop to $10 a barrel. Some of the countries in the middle east would go into upheaval with the general population demanding change. The radical leaders would be driven out and replaced with moderates.

And other countries and factions that are turning towards extremism is just a fad (for lack of a better word). Just as we're only shown by the media our shining brave knights battling evil in Iraq/Afghan and promoting freedom, those factions are shown the complete opposite with the evil empire invading and killing innocent people. Both views are wrong and extreme. War is a horrible thing and no one person can ever say they are the "winner". Slowly but surely, the truth will prevail.

19. Steve_Francis_rules

I'm getting very tired of trying to rep you and being told "You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to FranchiseBlade again."

Keep up the good work!

1 person likes this.
  20. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Member

it'll be nice to see you to learn how to spell and stop being a f*in bigot