1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA Play-In Tournament action live ...

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

A Doctor speaks out on Vince's injury

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Looogie, Jan 17, 2003.

1. Looogie

Looogie Member

In fact, Gordon goes against conventional wisdom, dispelling the popular notion that Carter can't play with pain and has sat out longer than his injuries have dictated.

"If this is indeed his injury, he is far from a dog," said Gordon. "In fact, he's a bulldog. I don't care if you're Suzy Q, Arnold Schwarzenegger or Vince Cater, if you've got that injury, you're not playing.

"This is a bad injury and he's not dogging it. This is a bad problem. You have to be shut down and do serious rehab to get it back. This is hard and intense rehab. And from everything I hear, he's doing it."

There is little doubt in Gordon's mind that Carter shouldn't play again this season. Why risk it? "The risk is you tear the whole tendon off. Then what do you have?" Gordon said.

2. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

Could you provide a link, please? There is this guy in my fantasy league who keeps offering Carter and crap for Kobe, and I would like to send him the link to shut him up. Thanks.

3. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

excuse me for my ignorance, but what tendon is it?

4. Looogie

Looogie Member

5. LLJ

LLJ Member

Yep. The Raps hate this Gordon character, but he was the same guy that said his "jumper's knee"...waaay back in the good old days of the 2000-2001 season, is serious and that Vince should have been shut down THAT season.

Vince had a great playoff series that season, though, but it turns out that Gordon was right--Vince's injury was chronic.

And now with his right knee being maybe career ending? I'm inclined to believe Gordon. It's sad, as a Raptor fan.