1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

A couple of teams have changed drasticaly!

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Aggie 99, Jun 27, 2008.

1. Aggie 99

Aggie 99 Member

Look at the new Nets:
    PG- Harris, Armstrong, Williams
    SG- Carter, Ager, CDR,
    SF- Yi, Carter, Nachbar, Hassell, Simmons
    PF- Swift, Boone, Anderson, Williams
    C-Krstic, Lopez, Diop, Boone

The Sonics drafted a ton of kids:

Round 1: Russell Westbrook (4), Serge Ibaka (24), D.J. White (29)
    Round 2: DeVon Hardin (50), Sasha Kaun (56)

The Wolves and the Griz changed a lot:

With the big trade.

But the team I am most impressed with is the Portland Blazers (08-09 team):

PG- Rodriguez, Jerryd Bayless, Blake
    SG- Roy, Wafer
    SF- Diogu,James Jones, Martel Webster
    PF- Aldridge, McRoberts, Outlaw, LaFrentz
    C- Oden, Frye, Pryzbilla,

2. across110thstreet

across110thstreet Contributing Member

I think MInnesota has a chance to redeem themselves. KevLove can be a decent franchise player, IMO

3. Chuck 4

Chuck 4 Member

Portland has just further implemented what everyone has been saying. This team will be in contention for a title for the next 5-10 years.

With the East remaining weak, dont sleep on the Heat turning it around quickly.

Chalmers, Wade, Beasley, Marion...good little core right there.

4. Nuggets4

Nuggets4 Contributing Member

FYI - Jones opted out of his deal and he'll be a FA. That said, Portland scares the living hell out of me. Barring a miracle, next season will be the last one that the Nugs have a chance at the division title. After that, we can write Portland's name in for the next 10 years.

5. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

portland is most likely:

pg: bayless,blake
    sg:roy, fernandez
    sf:webster, outlaw
    pf:aldridge, frye, diogu
    c: oden, pryzbilla, lafrentz

jones is a FA, miles is probably not going to be in the league again. that team is scary team because their starting 5 is loaded with talent and their main guys on the bench while not "6th man of the year" material they are all solid complementary role players who can fit in with the staters.

they can throw different types of lineups out there. they are going to be tough.

6. shsu33

shsu33 Member

I remember reading something about Darius Miles contract will be put back on Portland's salary cap if any team picks him up and uses him in a game next season. Someone please do this. It was a big contract and with Raef's contract also hurting them that can delay their process a couple season's at least. They look scary for the future but if Oden can't say healthy it won't matter.

7. robby_33

robby_33 Member

I'm sorry, but where on Earth did you get the idea in your head that IKE DIOGU can play SF??? and you have the most wack idea of draft charts i've ever seen... Lopez ain't that great, he's a good quality banger inside altho his shot release is a bit too low, even so he is NOT going to be friggin KRSTIC's backup@!! haha when was the last time you watched a basketball game? haha

8. SuperBeeKay

SuperBeeKay Member

Wow, do that LOL

9. SuperBeeKay

SuperBeeKay Member

Krstic is a decent player, you obviously dont know alot to think that a rookie C will be that much greater than a pretty decent Krstic.

10. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Fortunately for the Nets, Secaucus is not far away from the Meadowlands, becuase they will be sending a representative (Yi?) there again this year with very high hopes and a lot of balls......

11. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

He is a good player but he's missed a lot of games recently.

12. kevolution

kevolution Member

Where is Jarret Jack? Did he get traded or something?

Also, Portland looks pretty good right about now..

13. Pringles

Pringles Member

he got traded to Indiana.

So far, i like the Bucks.

Mo Williams
    Michael Redd
    Richard Jefferson
    Charlie V.
    Bogut.

all they need is some depth. i really hate what they did in the draft though (besides draft) oh well.

was the a trade between a west team to an east team? (besides small trades) :eek:

14. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

CDR is an awesome awesome pick at 40. Sheesh

15. TheyCallmeExMan

damn, i'm already anxious for nba 2k9 to come out.

16. emjohn

emjohn Contributing Member

Edited
    Swift and Diop are free agents.

New Grizzlies:
    Lowry, Conley, Crittenton
    Mayo, Jaric
    Gay
    Arthur, Walker, Brown
    Warrick

A lot of holes to fill, given the trades and free agents.

Agreed that the new Blazers are turning into a juggernaught. I'm developing serious envy for that roster.

Evan

17. moonnumack

moonnumack Contributing Member

Portland's getting downright scary. They are nothing like the Jailblazers of a few years ago. That lineup has great balance of offense (Fernandez, Bayless, Roy, Aldridge), defense (Oden, Aldridge, Roy), size (Aldridge, Oden), and versatility. The only thing they lack is experience, although Roy seems like a leader already.
    I was really surprised at what New Jersey was able to do. They have a solid backcourt now with Harris and Carter and CDR to back-up and some good versatile bigs with Yi, Kristic, Lopez and maybe Anderson. They seem to be reserving the hole at the 3 for a certain someone who will be a FA in 2010. I thought they would suck for the next few years, but now they seem to have a chance to field a pretty competetive team in the East.
    Miami is back in contention if Wade is healthy. They filled a hole at PG with a defensive-minded, heady player in Chalmers and a great inside scorer and rebounder in Beasley. They'd be better off trading Marion for a better fit, but he's not shabby if he stays.
    Minnesota, Memphis, and Indiana all made a lot of changes, but I don't see them improving a whole lot anytime soon. I think Memphis and Minnesota were each better off with their original picks, but Minnesota was able to get Miller in addition to Love, so I think they won that trade.
    I was a little disappointed with Seattle. I'm not enthralled with Westbrook, especially at #4. Ibaka seems like a project. I guess they're in no rush to be competitive until they get to OKC.

18. The Rock MVP

The Rock MVP Member

Portland got Arthur and Bayless....They are a scary team

Their front line is legitametly a younger and unproven version of ours

Oden <----> Yao
    Aldridge <----> Scola
    Outlaw <----> Battier
    Roy <-----> Tmac
    Bayless <-----> Alston

19. JumpMan

JumpMan Contributing Member
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

What change? The mediocre teams remained mediocre and the rising team is still rising. :)

20. white lightning

white lightning Contributing Member

I think you will see a lot of Roy and Fernandez playing together in Portland's backcourt. Rodriguez seems like the odd man out.