1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

A BIG HEART

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Sleepy, Nov 24, 1999.

1. Sleepy

Sleepy Member

Charles once again proves to the bashers that he has the biggest heart on the team. One thing nobody can say is that Charles did not give 110% for the years he played for the Rockets. He might have a big mouth but his play and heart is great. To be a !^ year vet and put up these numbers night in and night out with his size is awesome. This guy is 6'4 truly and playing against guys 6'10 and taller. Charles from all the true fans in HOUSTON THANKS FOR GIVING IT YOUR ALL.

2. Sleepy

Sleepy Member

Error- 16 year vet.
    Go Charles say whats on your mind.

3. Sleepy

Sleepy Member

Charles has lead this team so you are wrong. He is the Backbone of this team. HE had 18 rebs lastnight 16 a couple of games before and 24 also this year. Man whats the deal he gives the Rockets solid NUMBERS everynight. HE HAS A BIG HEART. He wants to win every game. If Charles was not on this team playoffs the last couples of years would had been lottery. So whats the problem.

4. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

He's also given us an 8-rebound night. Perhaps I was too subtle last time I mentioned it, but I'm not saying Barkley's a bad player or even that he's not the backbone of this team. He may even be the heart of this team. I think he gives us pretty good numbers every night, but I do not think he gives us his best numbers every night. The 24 rebound game he had this year is a good example of what he can do when he puts his mind to it. The 8-rebound game is an example of what he does when he does not put his mind to it. Eight rebounds isn't shabby and I'm glad to have a guy for whom 8 rebounds is a bad night.

You ask me what the problem is. It is this: he is capable of so much more when he is intense. But, he can't maintain his intensity. He has a kind of manic-depressive game. When he's into it, he has a big heart and he's great, but he often lets himself lull into mediocrity.

5. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

I'll begin with the caveat that I am not a Barkley-basher and I don't think he's the reason we are 3-10. But I do think that his heart is, in fact, very questionable. He got up for the game against Dallas and played a good game. His first game as a Rocket against Phoenix, he had something like 28 rebounds. I don't think he should average 28 rebounds a game, but I do think it is indicative of what he is capable of when he really applies himself. But he never keeps that level of intensity up and he won't this time either. He'll play hard against Portland I'm sure (and I wouldn't rule out a flagrant on Scottie) but the intensity will fade in a few days until he finds something new to fire him up again. If we can get him to the Finals, I'm sure he will be Finals MVP, but he's not going to carry the team before then.