1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[710 ESPN] Lakers Sports Radio Talk

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by durvasa, May 15, 2009.

1. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

2. Charles Jones

Charles Jones Member

haha they are blaming phil jackson this is great laker fan blaming phil :D :D

3. durvasa

From the Lakers Ground message board (credit to reven over there for the transcription), here's an interview with Kurt Rambis (Lakers assistant coach) on 570AM:

4. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

sounds like mentally soft

' . . .doesn't know how Fisher will take the demotion . . "

Rocket River

5. durvasa

Actually reminds me a lot of our situation with Rafer Alston. The Rockets didn't want to demote him to make room for Brooks, so they decided to trade him.

6. El Toro

El Toro Contributing Member

If those Fakers even think about knocking Brooks down when he drives into the lane it should be tantamount to a flagrant foul, IMO. We have proof in this conversation of Kurt Rambis talking about sending Aaron a message with physical play which I think should be considered a premeditated act of fouling someone with the intent of "sending a message". I'm just saying if anything were to happen out there on the floor....

7. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

Durvasa, you always mangage to post something interesting which adds to the quality of this message board. You are a must read when your name goes by on a thread. The worse thing they can do is stop posting up Hayes, the one advantage Hayes has over Gasol is speed. Maybe Pau has met his match.

8. QdoubleA

QdoubleA Member

I hear a lot of "when they win game 7", "when we play the Nuggets". I pray we make them eat it on Sunday.

9. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

570 AM LA sports radio was AWESOME last night after the game. I thought to post it on here. They were just teeing OFF on D Fish, Phil Jackson not calling timeouts, why their 7 footers arent dominating guys no bigger than McGrady, saying Sasha is a useless D-Leauge player....how they'd give up more talent to have a Battier-type on their team

:D

10. QdoubleA

QdoubleA Member

These guys are seriously pissing me off. They sound like winning is owed to them.

11. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

They dont like to praise the Rockets, they are equivalent to the Lakers, they like to make excuses about why they lost.

12. durvasa

Yeah, but who did they on their team that they could trade for a Battier? Other than Kobe and Gasol, here's who they have under contract for next year:

Derek Fisher - 5 million
    Sasha Vujacic - 5 million
    Luke Walton - 4.8 million
    Adam Morrison - 5.3 million
    Andrew Bynum - 12.5 million
    Jordan Farmar - 2.0 million

In terms of talent:salary ratio, I like what the Rockets have done more.

13. TesseracT

TesseracT Member

LMFAO

14. jedicro

jedicro Member

Overpaid. Farmar probably is too, but I think he has potential.

Just compare that to the talent:salary ratio some of our guys have. Luis Scola is making 3 million lol

15. durvasa

Looking at the NBA salaries, it occurred to me that the Rockets are playing basically with a 7-8 man rotation, with the following salaries:

Brooks - 1 million
    Artest - 8.5 million
    Battier - 6.4 million
    Scola - 3.1 million
    Hayes - 1.9 million
    Landry - 3 million
    Lowry - 1.2 million
    Wafer - 0.8 million

Now that's efficiency.

16. NafeesLACC

NafeesLACC Member

What is this BS about players sending messages to smaller players going into the lane? instead of putting someone on their back as they all say, why not block their shots? or play solid defense?

If someone fouls Brooks hard, Get Dorsey in the game to break an opposing players leg, Yao and Mcgrady can pay the fine.

17. studogg

studogg Contributing Member

now that's a' morey