1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Live Rockets Discussion
    Jalen Green looks like a legit star, Amen Thompson is shining and the Rockets have found something without Alperen Sengun. Clutch is talking about the 10-game winning streak at 11:00am as we talk Rockets live!

Talking Rockets - LIVE!

(538.com) Which NBA Team Is The Tallest?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by phantoman, Oct 19, 2016.

1. phantoman

phantoman Contributing Member

Interesting article. For a team with 2 7 footer and pf at 6-8; 6-10. I didn't think we would be ranked so far down

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

http://fivethirtyeight.com/features/which-nba-team-is-the-tallest/?addata=espn:nba:index

The skinniest team in the league — the Rockets — is also one of the shortest. However, the Knicks are one of the tallest teams in the league, but they’re a total of 170 pounds lighter than the Warriors, thanks to stocking up on lanky European youngsters. By pounds per inch, the Magic are the heftiest team in the NBA, while the Knicks are the most wiry.

Clutch likes this.
  2. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

I'm OK with this I think. It aligns with our style.

I do worry about our rebounding, but I won't (yet) fault the org for having a team that matches their playstyle.

3. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

If you just look at wings and guards the rockets tank fairly high . Maybe this is because we just have more players at those positions ? Maybe we carry relatively fewer bigs . If Dmo comes back and we cut a guard/ wing then maybe the ranking changes . I don't think we are hurting size wise . Nene , Capela , and Anderson are all adequate/ full size players at their positions . Harrel is definitely short , as is onuaku , but they have full size wingspans .

4. abaker28

abaker28 Member

So we're undersized and underweight.
    Beverleys fault for losing weight over the summer!

Remlap and RasaqBoi like this.
  5. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Quick Rockets need to sign this guy again

[​IMG]

RasaqBoi likes this.
  6. smileandnod

smileandnod Member

Just from a quick glance at the data, there doesn't appear to be much correlation between winning and height or weight. Sure, gs is tall and big but the other good teams are spread out.

7. dmoneybangbang

It would interesting to throw wingspan in there. That's a trait Morey has considering valuable with his recent picks on the current squad and soon D-League. I'm talking about Capela, Harrell, Zhou, and other Louisville dude.

8. jev5555

jev5555 ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Wheres 2 sandwiches when you need him?

9. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

I do like splitting it by position. But, there looks to be no weighting by playing time. It'd seem to me that having a really tall dude won't matter much if he sits on the bench the whole time.

MorningZippo likes this.
  10. rocketsballin

rocketsballin Member

just give joshua smith a call and we're back on top. **** the warriors, how are they not the midgetest ballers o the league?

11. Remlap

Remlap Member

Wiltjer and Brewer put us at the top of the skinny scale. LOL

12. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

If the bottom half of those teams played the top half of those teams, the short teams would have the better record. I'm guessing height does not translate to wins.

13. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

And there are people who say we don't need Dmo.

14. MorningZippo

MorningZippo Member

Also, people sitting on the bench may be more likely to be tall for their position, considering they are often projects with good physical attributes.

15. Matt78777

Matt78777 Contributing Member

I'd like to see the same graph except instead of height it shows standing reach. Seems like more teams are emphasizing this over height these days.

16. hvic

hvic Member

Wiltjer plays and look unathletic and needs to bulk up just a bit. Brewer can at least out hustle some of his opponent

17. PhiSlammaJamma

Not good news.