1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

4 Things You Probably Never Knew Your Mobile Phone Could Do

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by dragician, Mar 18, 2014.

1. dragician

dragician Member

There are a few things that can be done in times of grave emergencies. . Your mobile phone can actually be a life saver or an emergency tool for survival. Check out the things that you can do with it:

FIRST: Emergency
    The Emergency Number worldwide for Mobile is 112.
    If you find yourself out of the coverage area of your mobile; network and there is an emergency,
    dial 112 and the mobile will search any existing network to establish the emergency number for you, and interestingly this number 112 can be dialled even if the keypad is locked. Try it out...

SECOND: Have you locked your keys in the car?
    Does your car have remote keyless entry? This may come in handy someday.
    Good reason to own a cell phone: If you lock your keys in the car and the spare keys are at home, call someone at home on their mobile phone from your cell phone.

Hold your cell phone about a foot from your car door and have the person at your home press the unlock button, holding it near the mobile phone on their end. Your car will unlock.

Saves someone from having to drive your keys to you.

Distance is no object. You could be hundreds of miles away, and if you can reach someone who has the other ' remote ' for your car, you can unlock the doors (or the trunk)...

Editor ' s Note: It works fine! We tried it out and it unlocked our car over a mobile phone! '

THIRD: Hidden Battery Power
    Imagine your mobile battery is very low. To activate, press the keys *3370#
    Your mobile will restart with this reserve and the instrument will show a 50% increase in battery.
    This reserve will get charged when you charge your mobile next time.

FOURTH: How to disable a STOLEN mobile phone?
    To check your Mobile phone ' s serial number, key in the following digits on your phone: * # 0 6 #
    A 15 digit code will appear on the screen. This number is unique to your handset..
    Write it down and keep it somewhere safe. When your phone get stolen, you can phone your service provider and give them this code. They will then be able to block your handset so even if the thief changes the SIM card, your phone will be totally useless.

You probably won ' t get your phone back, but at least you know that whoever stole it can ' t use/sell it either. If everybody does this, there would be no point in people stealing mobile phones.

1 person likes this.
  2. LCAhmed

LCAhmed Contributing Member

How would I do *3370# on a smart phone though? I just tried to call it on my phone it and it didn't work. Would I do it from my lock screen? I let it sit in the dial pad for a few seconds before calling as well.

3. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

I bet OP never knew he could turn off caps lock.

1 person likes this.
  4. dragician

dragician Member

Caps lock doesn't work with Ctrl-C and Ctrl-P. :p

5. Joe Joe

Joe Joe Go Stros!
    Supporting Member

Cars with remote keyless entry (RKE) systems cannot be unlocked by relaying a key fob transmitter signal via a cellular telephone. RKE systems and cell phones utilize different types of signals and transmit them at different frequencies.

The claim that pressing the sequence *3370# will unleash "hidden battery power" in a cell phone seems to be a misunderstanding of an option available on some brands of cell phone (such as Nokia) for Half Rate Codec, which provides about 30% more talk time on a battery charge at the expense of lower sound quality. However, this option is enabled by pressing the sequence *#4720# — the sequence *3370# actually enables Enhanced Full Rate Codec, which provides better sound quality at the expense of shorter battery life.

Read more at http://www.snopes.com/inboxer/household/cellphones.asp

6. dragician

dragician Member

thanks for clarifications.

7. likestohypeguy

Ignoring all the fake negotiations, it's pretty amazing that it can balance & rotate like that on its own, no base, just by utilizing the phone's own features-

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/fTCXML4UsWM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Even though it's theater, I love when the sharks are so impressed with something they climb over each other, upping their offers, arguing & pitching themselves to the app developer instead of the other way around.

8. Dairy Ashford

Dairy Ashford Member

Wow, people really do just circulate emails. I knew George Carlin wasn't peeved at having to "press one for English."

9. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

There is a high correlation between the following things:

Low IQ + using ALL CAPS + circulating ridiculous chain mails

1 person likes this.
  10. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

Interesting thread.

Kind of related...
    Supposedly, if enter your PIN backwards at an ATM, you still get your money, but it notifies authorities you're being robbed.

11. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

Nope.

12. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

If you type in 37818 into a calculator and hold it upside down it says bible...pretty eerie.

13. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I prefer 80085

14. Sajan

Sajan Member

haha YAY FOR TIPS FOR A MOBILE PHONE FROM '99!

15. Castor27

Castor27 Moderator
    Staff Member

Yeah well if you type 5318008 into a calculator and hold it upside down you can see boobies.

16. updawg

updawg Member

You son of a b****

I just tried the car key thing and it doesn't work. Now I'm stuck here with my keys locked in my car. You need to pick me up

1 person likes this.
  17. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

But you will go to:

[​IMG]

18. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

I'm pretty sure I got this same email from my 81 year old grandmother back in 1998. I'm just confused as to why my grandmother is now a Goran Dragic fan......

19. Mr. Brightside

Mr. Brightside Contributing Member

I tried that 112 emergency number trick in my country and the police came over to my house and beat my ass. No rep for you.

20. dragician

dragician Member

i thought it's april the first already.. sorry. :grin: