1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

#4 Pick Trade Packages

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Landry's Tooth, May 16, 2023.

1. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

:p
    Damn man what am I reading? For two years we had discussions on what the rockets were doing along with win/loss predictions.

I always said this was the season they would change course and start to win. Now you’re the pessimist? I’m not talking specifics here. Just stating it’s ironic and funny

2. CHAMPBOY

CHAMPBOY Member

Never trade a top 5 pick! Amen Thompson is as talented as Ja Morant the difference is Amen cannot shoot now….we would be a elite defender and he is 6’7 and 212 lbs

Nook, carl_herrera and hlmbasketball like this.
  3. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

Tate was shooting all last summer. He was suppose to shoot better. Didn't.

Sengun was suppose to work on his shooting.
    He worked on his post game with the national team and forgot about 3-pt shooting. Regressed
    to 0.8 attempts per game.

JC.....thinks he can be MJ without a jump shot.

Without spacing none of the ball movement and off screens work. Defenders just retreat to the paint.

It's sad to say all we need is some 3-pt shooters
    and some here are clinging to a sinking ship
    while passing up on a rescue ship.....saying I'll wait for the next one

Verbal Christ likes this.
  4. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

[​IMG]

HTX Ninja likes this.
  5. Williamson

This wouldn't be a terrible proposal except for one thing. YOU ARE TRADING AWAY JOSH CHRISTOPHER?!?! WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU?!?!

PWR likes this.
  6. Williamson

He allegedly did commit a crime though. In the past few months he:

Allegedly assaulted a 17 year old kid on his backyard court and then went inside for his gun.
    Flashed a gun inside a club (where guns are prohibited) on instagram and got suspended for this.
    Then immediately proceeded to flash another gun demonstrating he does not learn from his mistakes.

I'm a huge fan of Ja's game but I'm worried he's on a path to being one of the saddest "what if" stories in NBA history. If he keeps this up he will be out of the league in a year. That's just insane for a player of his talent and stature.

raining threes likes this.
  7. Williamson

Okay. Fair. But would you want a guy with the size of Giddey and the athleticism of Ja? Because I'm certainly coming around to that idea.

Denovo likes this.
  8. daytripper

daytripper Member

Sure but you have to admit there are some questions surrounding the OTE.

It could take years before Amen is ready to run an NBA team assuming he develops. I imagine the FO will be fired if they just relied on another raw 19 year old kid to come in and save them.

It sucks but I'm not sure there's much difference between the 4-9 slots in this draft.

I'd be fine if they traded #4 for a good young vet or even traded down for a "steady eddie" guy like Wallace while adding future picks/assets to their warchest that can be used in other deals.

If they do trade #4 all I ask is they get every cent of value out of it.

Williamson likes this.
  9. Denovo

Denovo Member

Trading the 4th pick doesn’t make sense unless a young star becomes available.

You definitely don’t trade a top 5 pick for role players.

Especially with 60 mil in cap space sitting there.

10. Nook

Nook Member

I am sure that the Rockets are not surprised that they are picking #4.

Likewise, the Rockets are going to explore all options, including trading up to #2 or #3.

The Blazers are very likely going to trade the #3 pick, but not for anything the Rockets can provide. The Blazers want to win in 2023-2024 (stupid) and will likely target players that will help facilitate winning. The Rockets don't have those type of players. Whoever does move up to #3 is likely going to take who remains between Henderson and Miller.

So the only way the Rockets can really get involved with the Blazers is as a third team.

The Hornets should just take Henderson and team him with Ball. However, Charlotte apparently doesn't want to do that. The most likely outcome is that they just take Miller, but it is possible that they either trade the pick for an established player, or they could move down to #4 and pick up additional assets.

The additional assets would have to be strong, because most likely Charlotte takes someone like Whitmore at #4, and needs a strong sweetner to make that change. Perhaps the Rockets offer #4 and Sengun for #2. Another possibility is that NJ offers Bridges and something else. I don't think the Rockets would take the PR hit - but they could try to work out a deal where they sign Miles Bridges and trade for the #2 pick, Scoot Henderson and lose the #4 pick and Sengun. The Rockets would be able to field a team of: Henderson/Green/Bridges/Smith.... that is a pretty good 1-4 long term.

11. Rockets FTW

Rockets FTW Member

So Patrick Williams coming off the bench? Is Jabari going to play PG, SG or C?

Might need help with that :cool:

12. Rockets FTW

Rockets FTW Member

There it is folks. Close the laptops.

It's going to be a busto off-season.

Sauces - Apache ZenGod

13. Rockets FTW

Rockets FTW Member

Miles or Mikel? I feel like signing Miles Bridges might not be the best thing considering the bad PR it would bring. If it's Mikel I'm for it.

Sengen and #4 for #2 sounds about right. Steep, but reasonable.

Maybe if Scoot falls to #3 we wouldn't have to give up SenGod.

14. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I feel like the Rockets will try to make that deal, Sengun and #4 for #2, but I'm not sure that's good enough to get it done. Pairing Ball and Henderson makes a lot of sense....a lot more sense than Henderson, KPJ, and Green. If Charlotte had Henderson he could take some of the pressure off of Ball which would help him stay healthy AND he's a borderline elite catch and shoot 3 point shooter so it would make Ball even better with more of those high efficiency opportunities.

I'm not sure what Charlotte would see in Sengun.

15. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Need to hit up my handy dandy source. @JayGoogle

So what are you hearing about this?

JayGoogle likes this.
  16. Houston77

Houston77 COOKIES AND CAKE, MY TEAM BAKED!
    Supporting Member

Instead of Sengun, do you think Charlotte would consider future draft consideration? Like, #4 + Brooklyn's 2024 FRP? Their pick next year may go to San Antonio. I'm definitely conflicted about this as that's a big premium to move up to 2.

17. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Is that a "massive premium"?

#4 and a role player for #2 when some are convinced that Henderson is going to be a star sounds like a steal if you believe the hype.

18. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Member

Whats the best player available for portland to trade 3 for? Siakam? Mikal? Beal? Im not aure they are worth it.

Maybe LAC decidea to blow it up and so maybe Kawhi makes some sense.

19. PWR

PWR Member

Lol...I want to give him a fair shot somewhere else where he can grow. He's just wasting time here.

TimDuncanDonaut likes this.
  20. Pete Coldcut

Pete Coldcut Member

When Boston traded 1 for 3 in 2017, all they got was one additional first round pick. It was about as good as the Brooklyn 24 pick. Fultz was a bust of course, but he had a lot of hype at the time and was considered the consensus #1. Not sure if Scoot is so much better than him in terms of perception at that time of draft, or if the perceived drop in talent between 2 and 4 this year is so much starker than 1 to 3 in 2017.