1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

what is the highest pick we could get for jalen in this draft

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by TheBeastSystem, May 15, 2024.

1. TheBeastSystem

my thoughts are

maybe charlotte at 6

chicago at 11

sacramento at 13

Y2JT likes this.
  2. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

If we could get 6, we should jump on it.

3. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

Interesting question because the team that trades for him is only a year out from having to make that major financial decision. And we lose out on the investment of time that we have put in And we don’t even get to see if Ime is able to get him to The star level consistently. He doesn’t have to play exactly like he did in March maybe less than that but way way more often.

so we are giving up a lot in that sense. I don’t really want to trade him for just a pic, but I am interested in what we could get for him veteran wise or combining him with other assets. I just think that the trade has to be really good for us because we’ve put in so much we kind of need to see what happens with these first 50 games.

ilias, BallSoHarden and fchowd0311 like this.
  4. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

Sunk Cost. What we've already spent is behind us already. Don't factor that in when considering value, because the rest of the league sure won't.

Arnel, Richie_Rich, Y2JT and 13 others like this.
  5. NewAge

NewAge Member

what’s screaming to me is #5 + Ausar.

DET liked Jalen back in 2021 and their specialty is taking flyers on disappointing #2 picks (Wiseman, Bagley)
    They need scoring, badly, and they need some hope/potential/highlights to bring some life into their moribund fanbase.

Would the Rockets do it? I can see them being on the brink on that…

6. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Don't look at it as wasted time spent on Jalen, think of it as his awful performance giving us Jabari and Amen.

alcatrazpsycho and Rudyc281 like this.
  7. MadMax

I can't imagine Detroit would give us a 5 pick and the guy they just took for Jalen. If he nets that return he's the real MVP for sure. I'd be shocked, and I'd absolutely take it.

Corrosion, Ratman, cml750 and 6 others like this.
  8. Dobbizzle

Dobbizzle Member

Jalen Green would be the clear #1 pick in this draft if this was his year, y'all are literally just r****ded at this point.

9. MadMax

eh, i've been called worse, but also pick a better word to insult me with.

10. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

No, he wouldn't, and the Rockets couldn't get the #1 pick for Green in trade.

Also, you might not want to use that word, trust me, I have it on good authority if you use that word certain lowlife pieces of **** will go after Clutch for it.

11. Yetti

Yetti Contributing Member

Such a stupid idea, such hatred, such hatred of potentially a great player Y

Possum, Orion025, JusBleezy and 4 others like this.
  12. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

Goes without saying the team would have to believe in Jalen, but I could see interest from:

Wiz (2)
    Hornets (6)
    Utah (10)
    Chicago (11)

Im okay going into next season with Jalen and see what happens, but if I could trade Jalen straight up for 4 years of Reed Sheppard on a rookie-scale contract, I’d have to consider that given that Jalen is going to demand the max or near max next offseason. But I agree with folks that if we are trading Jalen, it would be better if he was part of a trade package for a legit upgrade as opposed to one of the unproven players in this draft.

#12 Aruba77, May 15, 2024
    Last edited: May 15, 2024
    Possum, AroundTheWorld and tycoonchip like this.
  13. MadMax

I’m stupid but sometimes it’s just ok to disagree

14. duluth111222

duluth111222 I.D.I.O.T

Bump worthy next year.

Possum, Dankstronaut and cbass like this.
  15. astrosrule

astrosrule Member

Jalen green the prospect would absolutely go number 1, wouldn’t even be a debate. Idk that current jalen would go 1, i imagine no

16. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I could see that, the hype from back then is pretty hilarious now, I was saying the current version wouldn't go #1

17. astrosrule

astrosrule Member

Ya, probably in the 2-4 range because he can’t play with trae

18. theDude

theDude Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Yes, but you don't get the 5 years of control, so he's not really worth #1.

To answer the question, I think you have to look at the highest picking win-now team. You could probably get the Kings #13 pick and Huerter.

19. yixiixiy

yixiixiy Member

But why

JusBleezy and cbass like this.
  20. BallSoHarden

BallSoHarden Member

Getting a #6 pick for him in a very weak draft (rumored to be like starting at pick #7, so essentially getting pick #12 in a regular draft), it is worth far more to have Jalen as a rental for one year and see what he can do and if he an finally become consistent, the upside is far greater than a mid first rounder essentially. We have plenty of picks available going forward, or have the ability to get these types of picks. I would be ok losing Jalen for close to nothing by the trade deadline, it is worth the look, and I have not been a fan of Jalen to date at all. Honestly even if he becomes a consistent super star, I probably won't be a fan of him as a person, he just is not likeable to me at all. I would watch him similar to how I view LeBron in that scenario, a great basketball player, but just not likeable.

Dobbizzle likes this.