1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Are the Rockets a better team without Sengun?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by rocketchamp, Mar 16, 2024.

1. rocketchamp

rocketchamp Member

Jalen is back in his element with no center clogging up the paint (as I previously mentioned the problem was), the team is playing faster, we're generating more 3's & most importantly our DEFENSE is much better. Should we actually trade Sengun once he gets healthy? There can be a argument that we're better off without Sengun.

On a side note, Jalen Green is absolutely this team's franchise. Love the way he bounced back after the Roosh, Fred & Jackson slander he's been getting daily. Kudos

2. pmac

pmac Contributing Member

I think Roosh gave Jalen some pointers when Sengun went down. It really helped him out.

3. J.R.

J.R. Member

#FreeSengun

Like Shaq said, he deserves a better franchise.

4. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

The worst poster on these forums with the same tired threads over and over again.

Sengun is the best player on this team. End of discussion. Jalen is playing great right now, if he keeps it up he will fit in well with Alp/Jabari/Amen/Tari/Cam

5. kubli9

kubli9 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I don’t think this is necessarily the case but maybe the team has pieces that don’t complement each other well. The one thing I know for sure is that I don’t feel confident Stone will choose the right direction. Bring in a new GM this off-season with a basketball background to figure out what pieces fit together. At the very least, bring in some basketball minds as consultants.

6. apollo33

apollo33 Member

Is Alperen Martin foo's gold

7. clos4life

clos4life Member

Is the GARM better without rocketchamp? I believe there is an argument to be made for that.

I.D.I.O.T.

8. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

9. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

I've been saying it for years.

Amen - Jalen Green - Cam Whitmore - Tari - Jabari
    [ would destroy the league next season ]

*side note: both Jalen Green and Jabari could benefit from gaining 10 more pounds by then.

FVV, Brooks and Steven Adams would be good as 6th man. Hahaha

10. dmoneybangbang

Probably not, but….

1) Lol at the SOFs
    2) Our current iteration has more pieces to play a faster pace.

DasouthDakota and rocketchamp like this.
  11. Little Bit

Little Bit Member

How many games have the Rockets played without Sengun? The teams have either been injury riddled or trash. Not saying that the Rockets aren’t playing well, but last I checked we are still a lottery team. Did we all of a sudden shoot to contender status?

mightybosstone and Prince_Hakeem like this.
  12. Reeko

Reeko Member

they’re definitely more entertaining at the very least these past few games…we’ll see if it continues

StroudAndYorDaddy and DeBeards like this.
  13. Believe It!

Believe It! Member

14. hlmbasketball

hlmbasketball Member
    Supporting Member

I still don't think we know who is the best player/franchise player on the Rockets. That question needs to be answered this yr.

However, its obvious Sengun play best when the ball goes through him and Jalen play best in a more free flowing offense and so does Jabari.

I've always said Jabari, Amen, Cam, Tari and Jalen are the type of players who want to run.
    The big question is, can Jalen and Sengun maximize their talents together.

But not just Jalen and Sengun, Jabari too. If Jabari is still going through ups and downs playing in an offense that features Sengun, I think that presents a problem.

Obviously, nobody wanted to see Sengun get hurt but this time away can answer questions as to who the FRONT OFFICE AND IME see as being their franchise player.

15. Qan

Qan Member

16. rhino17

rhino17 Member

You've been saying it for years??

2 of those players have not even been on the Rockets for 1 year

What a stupid thread

17. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

Damn, that damn clown clogging the paint forcing Jalen to miss all those wiiiiiiide open 3s throughout the entirety of the season.

That damn clown clogging the paint forcing Jalen to miss all those shots at the basket throughout the entirety of the season - not clogging the paint enough to the point Jalen couldn't get in there mind you. Just clogged it enough so that Jalen would miss so many layups.

Damn it Sengun!

OP is the perfect example of how stupid someone looks when they ignore facts to fuel their bias.

18. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Sengun lovers reading through this thread

[​IMG]

19. baller4life315

baller4life315 Contributing Member

I’ll just take the opportunity to announce, in such a stupid thread, how glad I am we didn’t panic and trade Jalen + multiple FRP’s for Mikal Bridges.

20. MarioKissoDeath

Supporting Member

What a troll post. Spida just came back and wasn’t himself and Mobley was out. And the Spurs and Wizards are terrible teams. Sengun is a stud.