1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Can former Rocket Eric Gordon and the Suns bounce back against the Timberwolves? Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live!

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

All of Amen Thompson’s turnovers at OTE

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Reeko, Jun 4, 2023.

1. Reeko

Reeko Member

2. Hank McDowell

Hank McDowell Member

Slightly misleading because turnovers never look good, you could make this same video for Michael Jordan and he'd look just as bad. Regardless, I pray they don't draft this kid. Not at 4. He's way too much of a work in progress.

Corpusfan and Arnel like this.
  3. OremLK

OremLK Member

Lol who tf makes a video like this about a player. Ouch.

4. J.R.

J.R. Member

[​IMG]

So this guy (“Intuition Hoops”) gives 1-3 minute breakdowns on every other prospect while doing a full autopsy on Amen.

Just a few examples

NBA prospect breakdown: [prospect/1-3 minute video]
    Amen Thompson: every missed shot, every missed dunk, every missed layup, every missed free throw, every turnover

“Amen went to take a poop, he missed the toilet entirely. If he can’t hit the toilet, how can he hit the basket? Would not draft.”

5. apollo33

apollo33 Member

Props to this guy for making these videos. Let's be honest nobody on this website actually watched OTE lol

6. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

**** , most of us haven’t watched the rockets in a couple of years :)

Bo6, glimmertwins and DasouthDakota like this.
  7. i3artow i3aller

You'd think he'd have made a total assists video by now, but that wouldn't suits his agenda.

Nook, groovemachine and Dankstronaut like this.
  8. Reeko

Reeko Member

he must be saving the best for last

xtruroyaltyx and robbie380 like this.
  9. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

I would really like to watch a video of every pass and I think a lot could be gleaned from that.

I think that if one of these teams assumes they can clean up his shot, he will go anywhere from 2 to 6.

since the board is so divided on him, I just assume that it is 100% that he lands with us. I’ll be fine with that but it is currently about the third or fourth best option for me however, that changes daily.

cmoak1982 likes this.
  10. i3artow i3aller

Funny how we don;t see the same tear down of Anthony Black. Most curious indeed.

Nook, groovemachine and OremLK like this.
  11. OremLK

OremLK Member

Funny how all the shooting videos are "all makes and misses" but when it comes time to show his best basketball skill the turnovers get their own special video :D

i3artow i3aller likes this.
  12. Reeko

Reeko Member

So now it’s a bad thing someone is giving us a fuller picture of Amen Thompson?

13. i3artow i3aller

A fuller picture? All this guy has done is try to accentuate his flaws while refusing to acknowledge his most bankable skill at the next level. Starting to think Amen stole this guy's girlfriend at this point.

Nook, OremLK and J.R. like this.
  14. OremLK

OremLK Member

I didn't have a problem with the shooting videos. This video should have been "all assists and turnovers", or "all passes", or some such. Reads like a hit piece when this guy starts with the worst stuff every time and then intentionally makes a video that's all negative before showing anything at all about successful passes, considering that's (alongside his athleticism) Amen's calling card as a prospect.

Nook and i3artow i3aller like this.
  15. OremLK

OremLK Member

Currently watching Denver play.... imagine if somebody was making videos about Jokic and they started out "all perimeter defensive plays, opposing makes and misses", then "all interior defensive plays", then "all turnovers". Would that give a "full picture" of him as a player?

RudyTBag likes this.
  16. Reeko

Reeko Member

And if his next Amen video is all about his assists then what? Stop premature crying

so because he’s not putting out videos in the order that u want or in the way that u want it’s a hit piece…

I’m glad someone is even giving us this much footage of Amen because Lord knows nobody here was watching a bunch of OTE games

Weren’t u the one saying that most of Amen’s turnovers were from him passing to a bunch of dumb OTE players that weren’t expecting his dimes? Judging by this footage, that’s not even accurate

Noob Cake likes this.
  17. OremLK

OremLK Member

I would still criticize the order of the videos he released. He's trying to set a certain tone. Like, props for the effort put in, but Jesus.

18. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

I don’t know if the guy is specifically making the videos to trash Amen. I mean, if the guy was setting out to make a bunch of draft videos about the most polarizing person in the draft, I could see how you would start like that.

I mean I agree with all these concerns but I am also imagining him as a freshman, or even sophomore in college this previous year. I still think Thompson would have been fairly impactful.

19. invocux

invocux Member

Amen isn't even playing for us but somehow has fans and they are are so easy to rattle apparently. We are gonna have a field day if Stone drafts him.

20. Reeko

Reeko Member

Man, what are u talking about? If someone showed all his makes and misses from 3, then from midrange, then in the paint, then his turnovers, then his assists, then yes, it’s about as full a picture as u can get.

I guess u view Amen’s makes and misses as akin to a lowlight video