1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Who is in the Rockets 9 man rotation and a James Harden return?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Lachard Binkley, Aug 7, 2022.

1. Lachard Binkley

Co-host Lachard Binkley and Anthony Duckett are joined by Frank (@ftank58) from Houston Chop Shop and Rockets Twitter Spaces to discuss:
    The ongoing KPJ debate and Rocket's Twitter drama
    Who should be in the Rockets 9 man rotation
    Who would start if EG is traded
    Should the Rockets want Harden back?
    Rockets Mt.Rushmore

luckyman76, D-rock, Deckard and 6 others like this.
  2. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

If the Rockets accepted Harden back, it would have to be in a 6th man role and the contract would need to be very team friendly.

If he pulled any James Harden BS, you wouldn't want to be stuck with that contract.

Honestly, I wouldn't want him back. His inconsistent effort is contagious.

3. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

No to James Harden....his days in Houston are done.

DD

J_Hunter_1977, fattz, jcmoon and 13 others like this.
  4. King1

King1 Contributing Member

Lol at KPJ'S two biggest fans (literally and figuratively) dissing Harden. That's pure comedy

clutchdabear and hajkov like this.
  5. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

No to Harden. Remember, "we're just not good enough".

6. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Harden doesn't want to play for this **** team & owner, who cares if yall want him or not, lulzm

7. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Too early to bring in any vet until these guys show more development. Bring in vets too early, and it can backfire to stunt growth as guys have less playing time and expectations are around them doing what they are good at already and not growing by making mistakes.

I would bring no one in unless they are also young. Don't bring in any big names in 2023 - instead be patient and let these guys cook and develop chemistry.

9 guy rotation? I think it's unrealistic given you have more talent. Assuming you trade Gordon:

Green
    Jabari
    Sengun
    Tate
    KPJ
    Tari
    JC
    KM

Is 8 guys already you know who will demand and need PT.

You still have Tyty, Nix, and Garuba. Garuba and Nix need to get in there, and it's hard to see Tyty spending the entire season in the G league as he appears ready for the NBA. So that's already 12 guys. 13 if you don't move Gordon.

I think you gotta move 2 of them, most likely Gordon and KM (who doesn't seem like he wants to be here). At this stage, get what you can for them as waiting has its risks as well. You'll probably will never have all 11 of the remaining guys healthy at the same time so that really brings you down to a 10 man rotation which should be fine for a younger team.

D-rock, theDude and Believe It! like this.
  8. lionaire

lionaire Member

I know he loves Houston but what makes y'all think he would want to come to the worst team in the league while in the tail end of his career? Let's not get ahead of ourselves.

9. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

He'd be coming here after destroying 3 teams in a row at 34 years old having won nothing in his career... and it's unlikely that he gets less lazy with age.

It makes sense that he'd want to head to a team stacked with young talent, it doesn't make sense why the Rockets would want him in the team given his history and age.

J_Hunter_1977, jcmoon, aaquaa and 3 others like this.
  10. BimaThug

BimaThug Resident Capologist
    Supporting Member

My guess (as of right now):

Starters:
    KPJ
    Green
    Gordon
    Jabari
    Sengun

Bench Rotation:
    6) Tate
    7) JayGup
    8) Eason
    9) Backup PG (Nix or TyTy)
    10) Backup C/Small ball (Garuba or Martin)

11. mac_got_this

mac_got_this Member

No to Harden. For Harden to be successfu, a team has to be built around him and catered to him. This ain’t the team for that.

I’m happy for him and wanted to keep but that boat has sailed. I hope he gets his ring with Philly but no thanks to a return unless he becomes much more Blue collar.

12. Killatron 2000

Killatron 2000 Punk Rocket

Love Rocket Fuel, @Lachard Binkley . Listen to every episode. It's definitely in my top 3 podcasts, and my 2nd favorite source of Rocket news behind Clutchfans, of course (it's kind of a big deal). Keep up the good work, dude.

Edit: Mario and Clutch was epic! Any plans for other Rockets legends to appear? I understand if you don't wanna spoil nothing.

13. Believe It!

Believe It! Member

IF in 2 or 3 yrs are young nucleus has grown into what most of us believe they will, we sign a couple of good free agents and become legit contenders, then he can come and play for the min to chase a ring. With a weight clause of course.

:cool:

Lachard Binkley likes this.
  14. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

No thanks. Declining rapidly. Let these youngsters play and land a big fish in free agency either in 23 or 24.

15. i3artow i3aller

Frank aka Apathetic is quickly becoming another personal favorite. That man knows his hoops. Looking forward to his post game Twitter Spaces and knowledgeable YouTube content :cool:

If you're on CF, Frank, I hope you know that your work is absolutely brilliant and very much appreciated. One of the rare few voices I'd happily listen to on a full time basis. Top marks, my man.

#15 i3artow i3aller, Aug 7, 2022
    Last edited: Aug 7, 2022
  16. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

17. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

This thread is sure to bring out the obsessed village idiots.

18. Will

Will Clutch Crew
    Supporting Member

Basic rule: Let go of the ex-girlfriend. Particularly if she has a big beard. Move on with your life.

19. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

If Harden wants to come back at a discounted price kinda hard to say no to a Houston great.

Don't see y he would want to waste his last few years here though. We ain't winning anything anytime soon and he has yet to return back to mvp form

20. MorningZippo

MorningZippo Member

Garuba and Nix aren't NBA caliber players, and tyty could easily spend all year and still not be ready.

Jontro likes this.