1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ClutchFans] A Rockets Trade Scenario with every Lottery Team

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, May 25, 2022.

1. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

2. tmoney1101

tmoney1101 Contributing Member

I’m going to read this going to bed tonight. Looks like a long in-depth read. Thanks for the entertainment clutch. Draft can’t get here soon enough.

Clutch likes this.
  3. J.R.

J.R. Member

[​IMG]

Deuce, burlesk, Caesar and 18 others like this.
  4. Mattician

Mattician Member

I'd be interested in using the 17th pick packaged with players to move up.

But I'm not including Sengun in any offers.

5. tmoney1101

tmoney1101 Contributing Member

[​IMG]

6. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

With or without any trade of any kind I’m very happy where the Rockets are sitting

7. htownrox1

htownrox1 Member

I'd think about trading up to #1 just to make sure Paolo isn't taken before we get the chance.

burlesk and don grahamleone like this.
  8. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

#17 to Spurs

#20 & #25 to Hou

#20 + Wood for #13 + (Oubre or Plumlee + filler)

#25, Gordon to PHX for Saric, Payne, Craig + 2024 1st (top 10 protected)

joshuaao likes this.
  9. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

Sengun to me is worth a top 8 pick. I think it would have to be top 3 for me to just shake on it and say Bye! Really excited to see him in year 2.

arabrocket, Mathloom, kjayp and 3 others like this.
  10. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

11. Shark44

Shark44 71er
    Supporting Member

Clutch, good brain tease for us trying to find a way to secure one of the long, defensive wings. Those are the ones that most interest me, POR #1 is interesting and some of the ones later in the lottery.

Didn't see anything that would get me excited about parting with Alpi.

I'm resigned to settling for whoever is left at #3, but believe Jabari or Chet would fit better if we're starting Alpi next year and moving on from Wood. I can't see forfeiting a lot to move up however. If #17 and a expendable player could get us #1, I'd probably pull that trigger and take Chet.

napalm06 likes this.
  12. thekad

thekad Member

I also have Sengun as the #5 prospect in this draft and I’m not super high on Sengun. I’m not putting him in any trade that doesn’t get one of the top 3 guys (Chet/Jabari/Ivey).

13. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

That proposal for #10 is way too generous in my opinion. 2023 Milwaukee unprotected and #17 is too much for the 10th pick in this draft. We really want to be trading players, not future unprotected 1st rounders, for picks in the late lotto.

Wood, Tate and 17 is definitely a realistic deal for #7.

I pray for the day Clutch becomes pro Paolo. Maybe I’m crazy but I think he’s a future star.

#13 Aruba77, May 25, 2022
    Last edited: May 25, 2022
  14. Rockets34Legend

Rockets34Legend Contributing Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

burlesk, D-rock, xaos and 1 other person like this.
  15. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

BamBam, Mathloom, coachbadlee and 7 others like this.
  16. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Good read. I'm no good at coming up with fake trades, so I always like reading ones that others come up with.

The Rockets are keeping cap space for a max free agent just in case a superstar wants to come here like how I keep space open in my house just in case Margot Robbie wants to move in. One is just as likely as the other.

17. xaos

xaos Member

Amazing!

18. xaos

xaos Member

Nice addition

19. TimDuncanDonaut

I like #1 and #2 where we trade up, not sure how realstic.

#7 with Portland is also good.
    #8 with Pels is good.
    #9 with Spurs is good.

The later ones where we go for Eason, I like.

burlesk and don grahamleone like this.
  20. Spooner

Spooner Member

I do too. I remember Clutch not being thrilled about drafting Sengun for some of the same reasons and now we don't want to draft Paolo in part because of the fit with a guy we didn't want in the fist place. I understand fit but it just seems incredibly early to talk about "fit" when the talent we have got us the worst record in the league. None of these guys are finished products and we don't even know who, if anyone on this team is a championship caliber player. Paolo in a vacuum is awesome and to me has a higher upside than someone like Jabari. I loved Sengun last year and I've watched and loved Banchero for many years now. I can't understand why people can't see how obvious it is that the guy has that "it" factor. It would be sad if clutchfans twitter tries to jinx our Paolo selection, he goes to another team and we celebrate and then he wins rookie of the year on another team. How stupid would that make us look? I would be thrilled if Paolo was there at 3 but something tells me he won't make it that far. Whether we celebrate that is subjective I guess. His feel for the game, movement and skill set for his size is special and I think a 1-2 punch with him and Jalen could be league breaking as either can be the roll man in a pick and roll between the two of them. I like his upside more than Jabari who reminds me of a little of Deandre Hunter and I see him as a super role player at best. I like Chet a whole lot. He has the highest ceiling, but to me, his floor might be in the basement. Paolo is the most ready imo and I don't necessarily think that has anything to do with limiting his upside. It is only a testament to his hard work thus far. I tend to believe in people who love the game and put in the work. This team should be about finding players that fit with one person. Not the #16 pick last year. How does Paolo work with Green? On offense I think it would be a dream fit. On defense I agree that we can't have 2 poor defenders but I'm of the mindset that Paolo has upside on that end and more importantly I believe in Jalen Green one day becoming a plus defender. If that happens, Banchero isn't the worst fit with Green and sharing the offensive load will certainly help them both. All of this fit talk would be rather silly if we land Wemby next year (big if) and Banchero fits perfectly next to him. Free agency in the future can change everything as well. Point is we just don't know what our team will be even a year from now. We are not competing for a title next year. Lets just get the best players we can in a vacuum and continue to get better. Seldom do all top 3 picks pan out and maybe Banchero is a bust who can't play off ball well and is sieve on defense. Maybe he's Marcus Morris. I tend to think he's the real deal though because his high school tape to me is just that good. I do not believe his role at Duke features his total package and I believe the pace and space system in the NBA is much better suited to his game. I'm not always right and Clutch has forgotten more basketball than I ever knew. He's got the balls to really put his opinions out there and stick to them and you can't ask for anything more. Listening to the latest podcast with Clutch and Bima, his opinions are as always, entertaining, well thought out and nuanced and I appreciate the perspective and passion. I just wish in some way I could make him feel better about Banchero. One last thing - those dudes from Seattle have a pretty darn good track record in the NBA. Just saying.