1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Let’s focus on #17

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Aruba77, May 18, 2022.

1. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

I’m not listening to any talk of trading #3. Our lucky ticket was punched last night and like most fans I’m happy with any of the big 3.

But by 17 some of the best tier 2/tier 3 prospects will be off the board. Assuming we can move up a few spots by using players or draft capital, who is your target?

Or is it best just to stay at 17 and see who falls to us?

tinman, ilovehtownbb, hajkov and 6 others like this.
  2. lpbman

lpbman Member

I'd move on Tari Eason for a reasonable price.

3. abaker28

abaker28 Member

Dyson Daniels would be a nice get.
    Predicted at around #9 but from what I've seen of him in Australia and GLeague, think he'll be a good pick up for someone.

comrade, Bo6, BigggReddd and 7 others like this.
  4. theDude

theDude Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I'm thinking we should go with a defensive presence there. Eason, Williams or Kessler. They will likely have to move up for the first two, but I'd be willing to use some assets for them.

Rashmon, ArtV, roslolian and 13 others like this.
  5. palmsnbananas

palmsnbananas Member

We have to move up to get one of those quality guys I think. Make it happen RS!

6. Noob Cake

Noob Cake Member

We need to draft for fit at #17 and that fit is indeed a center. Walker Kessler should be drafted around the area. Dyson Daniels is a top 10 pick, Eason is lower than Daniels but will be drafted before 12. No way Williams last past the lotto given his freak measurables (and agility for size)

Walker Kessler would be the best pick for a C at this spot. No other PF/C in this range worth drafting without trading down.

Koloko, Kamagate are both picks around 30. We don't have a second round pick.

xlr817 and rhee like this.
  7. xaos

xaos Member

Fortunately Stone has shown that he is willing to consolidate his picks to move up if the right deal is there. If he doesnt make a deal he didn't want to overpay

Trackwell and matchesmalone like this.
  8. Fullcourt

Fullcourt Contributing Member

Last year the GARM and Rockets twitter had me thinking there were like 3-5 good players we should target later in the draft. We draft Sengun and Christopher and heard a collective "who the f" and "NOOO". Look at us now. I expect the same to happen this year.

Deuce, Rashmon and Aruba77 like this.
  9. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

I keep seeing a lot of love for Kessler in clutchfans , but haven’t seen him play much. It’s strange that he’s listed as a late 1st rounder or even a 2nd rounder in most of the mocks I’ve seen.

D-rock and Corrosion like this.
  10. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

Guys we don't want: Malaki Branham - don't be fooled by the stats, his athleticism isn't there.

I'd be watching for a slider, but hoping for a long wing with good upside.
    Ousmane Dieng possibly played himself into the lottery - a slim chance he is available
    Kendall Brown is a reach, but a defensive stopper with upside offensively (almost the counter point to Dieng - one is all attack, the other all defence)
    Tari Eason and Agbaji are probably also available. Agbaji has out of the gym athleticism, a solid stroke, a great NBA body, and is ready to play from day 1. Cannot be a primary force on an NBA team, but would make a great wing, and measured up pretty well at the combine (6'6 with good length).
    Probably Eason is the no-brainer if available at 17

Apart from that, we might take a flyer on the PG stocks - TyTy or Kennedy Chandler could be available at 17

To be honest, I find it a really hard spot to predict who is available, and there will be a LOT of rising and falling between now and draft day. I think the best we can do is find guys who we don't want

11. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

He was a lot higher early in the season. Think of him as an athletic Brooke Lopez (potentially) - but then again, he might be pudding soft, and never make it.

Milos and Aruba77 like this.
  12. lpbman

lpbman Member

Someone on the board called the Sengun shot well ahead of time.

Speaking of which... I wouldn't mind another move for Nikola Jovic later in the first round.

Can we trade those Brooklyn "right to swap" picks as an asset to another team?

13. rimrocker

rimrocker Contributing Member

I'm happy to talk about #17 all day.
    [​IMG]

14. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

I want a long wing with defensive potential

Daniels
    Sochan
    Eason
    Brown

One of dem

RocketsTerps, Deuce, xlr817 and 6 others like this.
  15. Fullcourt

Fullcourt Contributing Member

I think @BimaThug said on the Twitter space that the swap attributes are attached to the picks, meaning Houston would have to either trade their pick outright or just offer an additional right to swap it, which I guess sort of achieves the same thing?

Aruba77 likes this.
  16. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Brown might be available.

fattz likes this.
  17. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

I'm betting this pick is traded for a future pick in some fashion. What do 3 first round picks next year get you with consolidation and moving up or with a trade for a player?

Aruba77 likes this.
  18. matchesmalone

matchesmalone Member

If Dieng, Sochan, and Eason are gone then I think Leonard Miller might rise enough before the draft to be a good pick at #17

Two Sandwiches and D-rock like this.
  19. ickaruto

ickaruto Member

We just have a glut of 6'3-6'6 shooters/wings which is why I don't want him for Houston either (think he's a good fit for the Cavs tbh) but his athleticism isn't an issue. He is a +athlete, +defender and +shooter.

roslolian likes this.
  20. Harlem

Harlem Member

In no order:
    Dieng
    Brown
    Jovic
    Williams
    Don't think Eason or Sochan will be there but if so then them too.

jcmoon, roslolian, fattz and 3 others like this.