1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Chapter 2: Welcome to The Jalen Green Experience

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Mathloom, Feb 27, 2022.

1. Mathloom

Mathloom Contributing Member

TJGE is proud to announce that we have entered Chapter 2 of our long and exciting future for those who have a high opinion of Jalen. Chapter 1 served to give Jalen 40ish NBA games to catch up on years of missing college and not taking basketball seriously in high school.

He basically learned how to actually play basketball in half a season and 22 G League bubble games. Pretty impressive if you ask me. Other rookies like Mobley, Cade and Barnes were working on their technical skills for years more than Green so it was ugly to start the season for Green, followed by a rookie wall just before the break.

However, in the past 11 games he seems to have taken a step up. His last 9 games have been 17 points on 61 TS% with 2.5 rebounds and 2.5 assists and I think he will improve on all those numbers except probably efficiency. I would be happy with anything above 55 TS%, and I think he's very capable of that. I think his defense will be average (other than players who can just overpower him) the rest of the way.

In this next chapter, Green begins to show us some of his clutch gene and reminds us that he is the hunter, not the hunted. He'll hover around 20ppg to finish the season. I will be assigning him more responsibility and looking at his patterns more closely. His +/- vs other starters starts to matter a lot more for me. His defensive and offensive efficiency vs other rookies starts mattering. I want to see how his last 30 games compares to the top 5 rookies and the top 5 Rockets. I predict it goes very well.

Really helps that Sengun and KPJ are settled down and he has looked good in the minutes with Schroeder (although Schroeder hurts our spacing in half court). Hope to see better spacing overall the rest of the way, it's more important than people give credit.

We're going to have a great time watching the kid grow up, so grab a seat and and your favorite recreational substance because it's finally here...

Beginning with one of these two games against the Clippers, The Jalen Green Experience has arrived.

2. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

:rolleyes:

The Book of Power. Chapter Riq
    Chapter Tommy
    Chapter Tasha....

Spin Off: Kanan

3. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

Whatever man its hard to root for a girly looking player...

if only hed not shave his beard and/or mustaches that would help a lot towards his likeability and would make his haircuts more manly ....

4. Mathloom

Mathloom Contributing Member

The hate never ceases to amaze me.

TriumVirate, 18pbr, alethios and 4 others like this.
  5. eliefor3

eliefor3 Member

It has been fun watching him develop. Hopefully the development continues and we see more and more production/aggression from him.

burlesk, 18pbr, red5rocket and 3 others like this.
  6. DreamR

DreamR Member

Let's get this party started!

burlesk, Tfor3, kpdark and 1 other person like this.
  7. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

You asked for the attention lol.....I think it has manifested into something new.

A Mathloom fan and hate thread.

Grown ass man wondering why his actions have consequences.....hmmmm

But do continue....I'd love to see your endgame.

Whichever chapters that entail.

8. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

In on page 1 of chapter 2.

I'm practically famous now.

Ramo$e likes this.
  9. Roomba

Roomba Member
    Supporting Member

Jalen Green has gone back to the basics! Now he looks unstoppable :cool:

Nah but for real the first thread was one of the most entertaining threads on the site, and I hope this one is every bit as fun

Ramo$e and Mathloom like this.
  10. Reeko

Reeko Member

Who’s lost child is this? Somebody come get this troll…

11. Reeko

Reeko Member

[​IMG]

12. Dobbizzle

Dobbizzle Member

I mean, we're talking about a troll who thinks Hitler is funny. Pretty much an auto-ignore list at this point.

13. jcmoon

jcmoon Contributing Member

damn straight. He can still be the best one out of them all. we didn't whiff at all.

14. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

petition to correct thread title w/ proper name. and subsequent posts in this forum going forward

it's Thrilla

15. Believe It!

Believe It! Member

Definitely looking forward to the extra minutes he and Sengun will share on the court now that Wood is gone!

Oh wait... :mad:

burlesk and conquistador#11 like this.
  16. MorningZippo

MorningZippo Member

+/- either matters, or it doesn't. You can't just decide it matters after he plays well, and then discount it when he doesn't.

Second, even the dumbest person on this board realizes that spacing is important for Green after watching the brickfest that happens when 2 bigs are on the floor when he is.

As far as efficiencies go, 55% TS should be the absolutely minimum for a 2nd pick that doesn't rebound and has low assist numbers.

That being said, he's definitely figuring it out, quickly. If he keeps improving at this rate, he'll at least be serviceable. If he can improve his TO rate, passing, or rebounding, he can become a multidimensional player that wins games at a high level.

double d and CXbby like this.
  17. Rokman

Rokman Member

I think if Porter and Green would shave their heads they'd be Michael Jordan but that's skipping ahead a few chapters (No pun intended)

18. Houston77

Houston77 COOKIES AND CAKE, MY TEAM BAKED!
    Supporting Member

COOKIES AND CAKE, MY GREEN BAKED!

19. Bo6

Bo6 Member

i was worried there for a bit people were going to pull up my receipts about jalen being a stud. glad he is starting to shine a bit.

the most exciting thing to me is he is actually showing his DEFENSIVE potential. something i never really thought he had the aptitude for but credit to him. he's going to be a PROBLEM on that end when/if he keeps adding strength. right now he fighting over every screen and particularly opposing point guards are having a lot of problems. he also has fantastic recovery speed so even when he's been biting on pump fakes he can still get back into position.

overall i'm pretty happy with his development and if he can raise his ROS PPG to around 18-20 ppg that'll make his totall ppg somewhere in the 16-17ppg range. If you polled rockets fans and asked them if they think a 17ppg 3rb 2assist 1stl pergame average a rookie year was successful 95% say that would be.

burlesk, DreamR and Dobbizzle like this.
  20. conquistador#11

Sounds like some Jalen propaganda. Why don't you Tell me more about Mobleys scorching 14 pt performance last night!
    Oh and his impossible rebounds when Jarred and Drago caused so many missed shots.

i3artow i3aller and jacoby like this.