1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

What do we get for CW?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Plowman, Jan 19, 2022.

?

What do we get for CW?

1. 1 first rounder

2. 2 first rounders

3. 3 first rounders

4. 4 first rounders

5. Young player & picks

6. Ben Simmons

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Even though his value took a hit with what happened, he's played some back in. Before the incident, I thought we'd pull three to four first rounders with equivalent value of a #6 or #7 pick or so. Now, let's say that's closer to 10 or 11.
    Someone will swallow the hook. CW's got a great contract and will be held accountable elsewhere...All the things he refuses to do here will all of a sudden get more of his attention as a #3 option on a good team (at least a PRETENDER)...They also can hide his weaknesses.

So, I'm going with three first rounders...one of which is in the back end of the lottery.

2. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

THREE 1st rounders ....for Christian Wood? *insert Jordan laughing gif*

EDIT/UPDATE:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

#2 steddinotayto, Jan 19, 2022
    Last edited: Jan 19, 2022
  3. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

Heavily protected 1st round pick

CarlosGM, mikenm268, ak99999 and 10 others like this.
  4. astrosrule

astrosrule Member

Before all the nonsense my hope was 1 pick in the 20 range and 1 fake 1st that would likely be 2 2nds, now if we get any 1st rounder i'll be thrilled

5. duluth111222

duluth111222 I.D.I.O.T

3 to 4 FRPs??? I’d be thrilled with two. Most likely we get one.

6. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

What we’ll get: Protected 1st round pick and a young player with upside.

what we want: Wood packaged in a bigger deal for a bonifide young franchise chip or high lotto pick.

7. treyk3

treyk3 Member

equivalent of 1 pick in the teens and 1 pick in the early 20s.

Wolves: Tauren Prince (expiring) + McDaniels (was drafted in the 20s but probably worth a little more) + a top 10 (likely in the late teens) protected FRP from Minnesota for Wood and Nwaba seems like a reasonable package.

Washington : Montrezl Harrel (expiring) + Hachimura (worth a pick in the teens) + a lottery protected FRP (probably doesn't come here and becomes 2 2nds) for Wood and Nwaba seems reasonable but probably not enough for Houston, maybe they could get Kispert (I don't see Deni being available here)

Charlotte : Kai Jones + Plumlee + PJ Washington + NOP FRP (lottery protected) for Wood and Nwaba. Charlotte desperately needs a player like Wood. This is a bit of a higher pay than the others but taking on Plumlee is a big undertaking especially while already paying a bad center in Theis.

#7 treyk3, Jan 19, 2022
    Last edited: Jan 19, 2022
    ilias, joshuaao, BallaDoc and 3 others like this.
  8. harold bingo

harold bingo Udoka Only Fan
    Supporting Member

One first round pick that will be mid-late, one flawed young(ish) player that the team has lost faith in, and salary filler

9. cheke64

cheke64 Member

If we get a first round pick I'll be very happy.

10. Phillyrocket

Phillyrocket Member

This is exactly right. We should hold Wood and trade him tied to Wall and some young players for a disgruntled star next year. Someone like KAT just as an example instead we will likely just get a lotto protected first. Thanks for screwing up your trade value.

11. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

A protected first round pick and salary to match that probably has little to no value otherwise and may be immediately cut or bought out.

red5rocket and raining threes like this.
  12. clutchdabear

clutchdabear Member

oh boy... cf is gonna be real disappointed with the return when the trade actually happens. ppl will be calling for stone's head.

but for me personally, i'd be happy just for a heavily protected first. get this sh**stain off the team already. addition by subtraction.

red5rocket, Bo6, awc713 and 7 others like this.
  13. HorryForThree

HorryForThree Member

Based on some of the reports coming out about a franchise centerpiece:

https://rocketswire.usatoday.com/20...ece-player-could-be-active-at-trade-deadline/

My guess is that the team is looking to swing Wood, one of our young pieces, maybe even two (guys we like, like KJ, Jaygup, or less likely, Tate), whoever we get back for EG (Gallo, Ingles, etc.), and a FRP for one of the bigger names on the market. The good thing we've done is accumulated FRPs the last few years, and we have enough that will be late FRPs that I think we can dispense with one. This trade deadline is showing how valuable those are, and trading away one to a team wanting to rebuild, giving them a good PF in Wood, and then a young piece or two with an expiring contract is as much of a haul as people can expect in this market while setting them up for a good core to rebuild with.

Now that type of trade would have to occur for the right piece. Simmons to me is the type of guy you make that deal for. Maybe even Fox, if the FO is high on him. I don't think there are many others you sell that much for, but it looks like the FO is willing to swing for the fences here, and I don't think that's bad, especially given how this trade deadline is looking more and more like a buyers market (Reddish for a highly protect FRP? Tells you all you need to know)

14. steddinotayto

not cf but just @Plowman

I don't recall anyone ever suggesting that three 1sts was the expected return for Wood without a "LOL" or "JK" attached to it.

15. sirjesse

sirjesse The Udoker has spoken!
    Supporting Member

Pj Washington and a first or the Hornets can miss the playoffs again.

ilias, Bo6, joshuaao and 5 others like this.
  16. steddinotayto

I'd settle for Patrick Williams and Derrick Jones' expiring contract for Wood. Chicago needs size and rebounding and we can be patient on Williams coming back from injury. Stone can squeeze out a 2nd rounder too if he wants.

DrNuegebauer and sirjesse like this.
  17. javal_lon

javal_lon Member

3 1st rounders? Only if he were 19 and barely played..

18. groovemachine

groovemachine Member

This is delusional, We'll be lucky to get a late first

red5rocket, awc713, BallaDoc and 2 others like this.
  19. xaos

xaos Member

Expected: A first or a young player that has higher upside than Wood, but is not quite there yet + salary

Hopeful: A first AND a young player that has higher upside than Wood.

Amazed: 2 firsts and a young player that has higher upside than Wood or equivalent

I do think Turner being hurt helped Wood's market

joshuaao and BallaDoc like this.
  20. BMoney

BMoney Contributing Member

Interesting to ponder. Wood would seem to fit best on a team obtaining Simmons and Charlotte. Any team trading for Simmons would presumably have to shift most their best assets to Philadelphia. At a minimum, the Rockets would want at least one unprotected 1st round pick + a young player with upside. That leaves Charlotte. I guess PJ Washington and Plumlee and a lottery protected 1st round pick for Wood and Armoni Brooks.

joshuaao and Big Time Titan like this.