1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

I cant watch the NBA anymore.. the product right now is HORRIBLE?

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by HardenVolumeOne, Nov 5, 2021.

1. HardenVolumeOne

Im not just saying this because these new rules are affecting harden. But the amount of fouls that go uncalled( not ticky-tack either) but OBVIOUS FOULS that go missed everynight is alarming. This is not 80's or 90's basketball. This is the nfl meets the nba type of basketball

the rules stated in the offseason that the league was trying to curve "unnatural basketball motions", the fouls that im seeing are not unnatural motions.. these obvious fouls that are being missed.

I cant watch this crap much longer, seems like every player drives to the basket gets hammered and their is no call. Its almost like the refs pick and choose when to call fouls.

#1 HardenVolumeOne, Nov 5, 2021
    Last edited: Nov 5, 2021
  2. RKREBORN

RKREBORN Member

It is quite possibly the worst era I have ever seen

3. HardenVolumeOne

im like how are people entertained by this ****, this isnt euroleague basketball, they call fouls in the euroleague.. literally every star player in the league right now is shooting horrible from the field because the defense gets away with murder not only on the perimeter but in the paint as well. These new rules favor teams like bucks, raptors, heat, and warriors.. Teams that were already physical and are allowed to get away with rough tactics before are allowed to now even more

#3 HardenVolumeOne, Nov 5, 2021
    Last edited: Nov 5, 2021
  4. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

so let me get this straight. you'd rather watch an NBA game with a lot more foul calls and all the interruptions in play that those calls would entail versus games with far fewer foul calls?

DCkid, GotGame15, Kevooooo and 3 others like this.
  5. HardenVolumeOne

NO the league said they wanted to curve "unnatural shooting motions" that was what they said( something i have no problem with), but they are now allowing handchecking and defensive 3 seconds to go uncalled. I dont see how harden survives this year under how the game is currently being called

6. Os Trigonum

Supporting Member

who cares about Harden? seriously

7. T for 3

T for 3 Member

Fouls and stoppages are the best part of the game, obviously. We get to see who the smart players are, it's cerebral.

hakeem94 likes this.
  8. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

ThrillaNManilla and Os Trigonum like this.
  9. Os Trigonum

Supporting Member

and timeouts. timeouts are exciting

10. Salvy

Salvy Member

I'm sorry about Harden bro... Hopefully your next fav player does not depend on fouls to score...

11. Salvy

Salvy Member

Especially when Silas is calling them.... I wish we could see some nice timeouts by Silas tonight but Rocket don't play till tomorrow.... Can't wait...

12. T for 3

T for 3 Member

A good out of timeout play, now that's why I watch basketball...and reviews....the reviews are fun.

hakeem94 likes this.
  13. HardenVolumeOne

the nba is turning to ****, i grew out of pro wrestling a long time ago, i can do the same with the nba

adam silver is horrible

hakeem94 likes this.
  14. Os Trigonum

Supporting Member

I know you're lobbing us some big fat slowballs down the middle but I honestly have nothing to say about your tragic loss of interest in pro wrestling

15. HardenVolumeOne

the nfl has more commericals and stoppages when a player is on the ground injured or after a team scores

the nba moved tnt thurdsay games back to tuesday during the nfl season recently.. i can see the mlb passing the nba in the next 5 years easily.. especially is no american superstar player emerges during that time span. The best players in the league will all be international, and most americans wont watch that, we saw giannis in the nba finals recently and the tv ratings were trash

16. Os Trigonum

Supporting Member

and that's relevant to the NBA . . . how, exactly? not sure I get the point you're trying to make here

hakeem94 and ThatBoyNick like this.
  17. wlekfjv923n

wlekfjv923n Member

easy solution, don't watch

18. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

You can take the Os out of the D&D, but you can't take the D&D out of Os.

peleincubus and Os Trigonum like this.
  19. Salvy

Salvy Member

What other things have you lost interest for? Maybe its time to go back to wrestling....

JayGoogle and hakeem94 like this.
  20. HardenVolumeOne

the nfl is king and the nba is losing american supporters literally every day( going by neilson ratings). Like i said the best players will all international players sooner than later. I wonder what espn and fs1 are gonna do when lebron retires.. their gonna finally be forced to acknowledge guys like jokic, and embiid. Most americans dont wanna hear about them.