1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

John Wall on the Ben Simmons Situation

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Cutty312, Sep 22, 2021.

1. Cutty312

Cutty312 Member

"The whole Ben Simmons situation is stirring up too much hate in my book. I paid a visit to my guy Ben [Simmons] a few days ago in Philly [Philadelphia] and we were talking about it. As NBA players, we should not be going through sh-- like that, you feel me? Ballers should be able to dig their mind into balling and balling only. Ben Simmons ain't done none wrong and it's just unfair. He [Ben Simmons] is a dawg, and I believe he has, and deserves, a bright future ahead of him. That's all I'm going to say. He's a brother from a different mother."

~Current Rockets guard John Wall reporting to Cayleigh Griffin

2. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Ben should demand a trade to Houston, we would be more than happy to accommodate any of his trade demands or refusal to play.

3. Jalen Green OnlyFan

4. Cutty312

Cutty312 Member

5. Cutty312

Cutty312 Member

And by the way, is this really dom?
    If so, IMYSMMMM

6. Juxtaposed Jolt

7. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

[​IMG]

8. SuperKev

SuperKev Contributing Member

Eventually a team will need to simply refuse this sort of thing. Otherwise players contracts will become totally meaningless. This will devolve into players refusing to play and demanding team actions for anything negative that happens to them. Making just $100 million on a 4 year contract? Player X demands $150 for 3 years or refuses to play/demands trade/destroys team.

They signed the dotted line and provided their word. No team can guarantee a championship or that you will be best friends with your teammates or coaches. You play for X amount of time for Y.

The solution should be player 1) receives no pay during refusal, 2) receives fines during refusal for damaging team, 3) receives suspension from NBA for damaging league, 4) is prevented from playing for other leagues during the contract term. If they use a heavy hand we would never see this stuff again.

9. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

Aren’t the 76ers paying him to just play basketball and he’s refusing to? Seems like he’s created his situation.

GotGame15, saleem, juanm34 and 5 others like this.
  10. Corpusfan

Corpusfan Member

Somehow it doesn't seem surprising that Morey overvalued Ben Simmons and now is in this situation. It seems like something that would happen with him. Just shows that he's a very good but not great GM.

11. J.R.

J.R. Member

I mean, this situation is crazy. It’s something that I don’t think can be fixed.

12. Cutty312

Cutty312 Member

Ngl, it's facts

YaoMing#1 likes this.
  13. Juxtaposed Jolt

It shouldn't be breaking news that a GM is trying to get as much as he can out of an asset(s) and at the same time, tries to devalue his trading partner's asset(s).

Also, before this whole "Simmons passed it LOL + Rivers' soundbite" thing, Simmons is/was an extremely good defender and playmaker. He came in 4th in the '19-'20 season and 2nd, this past season. That's really good.

We all already knew he couldn't shoot. This wasn't news. Morey, now, has no choice but to still shill for his guy and try to get as much value out of him as possible.

In fact, if you're not trying to get as much out of a Simmons trade as you can, that's moreso being a bad GM.

amaru, D-rock and Cutty312 like this.
  14. theDude

theDude Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I would not be surprised to find a lot of that to be in place already. I never heard any intention for Wall to hold out or not report. The Rockets didn’t want to play him so they came to a mutual agreement (I.e. no holdout and no fines).

The Sixers, on the other hand, may very well fine and withhold payment for services not rendered if Simmons doesn’t report to camp.

burlesk, D-rock and Cutty312 like this.
  15. CVcrew

CVcrew Contributing Member

Well said. The players have destroyed dynasties of the past. Major markets will dominate the majority of the time until they figure it out. There will be exceptions but a player can quickly destroy a franchise as soon as they see fit. You’ve no choice but to placate to your star.

hajkov and Cutty312 like this.
  16. sirjesse

sirjesse The Udoker has spoken!
    Supporting Member

Morey is waiting for him to be on the podium like Beard.

don grahamleone and Cutty312 like this.
  17. Cutty312

Cutty312 Member

says mark henry in nets jersey ;(

18. VickMackey

VickMackey Member

This sounds suspect

napalm06 and don grahamleone like this.
  19. Jontro

Jontro Member

very eloquently said, mr wall. i see espn in his future

20. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

Too bad his age doesnt fit our timeline otherwise he would be a perfect fit in houston with the young core .... hes already in his 26th year SMH

Cutty312 likes this.