1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Is it fishy Rich Paul is advising both Wall and Simmons to sit out until traded?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by glimmertwins, Sep 14, 2021.

1. glimmertwins

glimmertwins Member

...everyone is so busy talking about what Houston might have to give up to get off of John Wall's contract but to ME, I can't help but think the REAL story here is Rich Paul trying to force the hand of both Houston AND Philly and it has the effect of depressing the market for both players leaving the best options for both teams is to trade to each other. This is Rich Paul - the guy Barkley was on record criticizing about his tactics a few days ago, the guy who is recently being sued by Nerlens Noel for breach of contract after a series of unflattering player representation reports..... can't help but feel fans, players, and management in Houston and Philly are being screwed around by this knucklehead while he tries to pull some power move to assert himself.

I also can't help but think something as brazen as this may have a reaction from NBA owners and the league itself. I don't think Paul's moves to get AD to LA(where Lebron was) were viewed positively by the rest of the league. Having an agent wrestle control from teams to move superstars between teams of his choosing seems like it falls into a realm that the NBA world has not seen before on this scale.

...are we just waiting until Nov 4th when Simmons and Green can be traded for Wall and House? Thoughts?

2. Jalen Green OnlyFan

Great reporting by a class act Ben.

Wall is fine

3. glimmertwins

glimmertwins Member

Both players are doing exactly the same thing - the difference is the reporting of who's idea it is which I think is very much a construct of PR and probably not the reality of what is happening behind closed doors.

4. Reeko

Reeko Member

Why are talking like John Wall just pulled a Deshaun Watson?

5. fattz

fattz Member

This is interesting…

DeBeards and Ramo$e like this.
  6. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

If the trade is for each other. . . I would be Estatic
    esp if it does not cost us a star

Could work for Darryl but
    He might block it based on nothing but spite
    for Fertitititeitieiie blocking the Harden trade
    LOL

Rocket River

D-rock likes this.
  7. glimmertwins

glimmertwins Member

That's what I'm saying - there are a lot of intertwined plot lines here between Houston and Philly. It's an interesting discussion and I can't help but be interested in some bizarre world where Rich Paul is trying to show his girlfriend Adele he is is the biggest agent in the NBA by pulling some shenanigans to get Wall to Philly and Simmons to Houston but Morey and Fertitta fueding thwarts the whole thing. Far fetched but funny and interesting if nothing else....

D-rock, burlesk and Rocket River like this.
  8. VickMackey

VickMackey Member

So Philly fans would need to stomach that they think they almost got harden for ben to getting wall for ben hahah
    **** got me like
    [​IMG]

9. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

The difference is fans are happy to see Wall sit in Houston, Simmons sitting in Philly is a disaster

Can’t believe our franchise guy quit on us, we just have some guys who don’t want to be here, this is crazy I don’t think it can be fixed

Trackwell, eliefor3, joshuaao and 4 others like this.
  10. glimmertwins

glimmertwins Member

That's why it's perfect - Morey can talk about getting value for their young stud but at what cost? How long are you willing to sit a max player on the bench while your star is in his prime and you are a title contender in the East who needs productive basketball players to stay a contender? It's called leverage and Morey has NONE right now.

rhee likes this.
  11. lakersuck2

lakersuck2 Member

There is no level of value depression that can be done on Simmons that brings him down to Wall level. The very worst offers that are already out there easily trump Wall.

12. RocketsFido

RocketsFido Member

That's good for us if it's true since we want Wall to sit so our rookies get more playing time.

13. RHU525

RHU525 Member
    Supporting Member

Sixers aren't title contenders with or without Ben Simmons. They are a tier well below the Nets and Bucks.

BallSoHarden likes this.
  14. HorryForThree

HorryForThree Member

I wonder what Wall's availability does to the Simmons market. Simmons is obviously the better player, but he's also got four years left on his deal to Wall's two, and Wall is a better culture guy, doesn't have a massive choke job in critical moments on his resume, and will require far less (I imagine so long as the salaries match and don't require the Rockets to take on a worse contract in length, they'll do it).

mikenm268 and Shark44 like this.
  15. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Can't see Daryl doing it without way too many #1's attached.

16. ak99999

ak99999 Member

It is good that Wall is sitting because if he plays I am sure he would get injured again and screw up any trade.

BallSoHarden, BigShasta and Ramo$e like this.
  17. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Definitely more of a market for Simmons...but if the rumors are true Morey wants at least half of whatever you treasure for even a discussion to be had.

18. theDude

theDude Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I'd give them three #1's (all Brooklyn) and Wall.

D-rock and coachbadlee like this.
  19. juanming

juanming Member

Simmons for wall

D-rock, Rudyc281 and coachbadlee like this.
  20. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I wouldn't give up the last pick or either of the last two swaps, but I'm on board with three #1's. As long as they aren't too important.

Morey likely would want more.

D-rock and theDude like this.