1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Josh Christopher Highlights from NBA Combine Scrimmages

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Dash, Aug 3, 2021.

1. Dash

Dash Member

That dunk at 3:55 had me speechless, I think a lot of people are underrating this pick. I think he will make as much as an impact on this team as Jalen and I think we have two guys that could be the steal of the draft in Sengun and Christopher. I think Garuba will be more of a project and spend alot of time in the G-League

ArtV, DreamShook, joshuaao and 8 others like this.
  2. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

Christopher is underrated but I think we/he will discover he's a PG, much like KPJ. I don't want to freak anyone out, but I do get some Royce White vibes from him (in a good way), maybe some Kyrie to him. I'm personally not against that as long as he can be a professional, but it's early and we tend to be very highlight-based at the beginning of these young players' careers.

I don't see Garuba spending a lot of time in the G League. He's coming off the bench for the 2nd ranked international team in the world and he started on one of best best pro teams (containing players who DECLINE nba offers) in the 3rd best pro league in the world. He joined one of the world's best pro basketball academies (Real Madrid, where they relentlessly prepare you to be a pro) at AGE 11 and has been a part of that program for 8 years breaking through every age bracket rapidly, which always demonstrates IQ and maturity. At age 17.5 he broke Luka Doncic's record for youngest ever Real Madrid starter. He's already hitting 25-30% of his 3's as a 19 year old. This does not sound to me like a guy who will need G League after going through Olympics, offseason advisory, training camp and preseason. He may be slow to get minutes and have a couple stints in the G League for 3pt practice but this guy is a professional basketball player guarding NBA All Stars very well as we speak.

Christopher has NBA basketball in his family. Sengun plays and talks like he's 28 years old, has a maturity about him. I don't want to be too optimistic, but this could be a transformational draft for the franchise similar to what happened with the Warriors although that's a once in a generation kind of thing. There will be flops, challenges and the hiccups, but Stone has won me over with his nose for young talent. It's a strong group.

#2 Mathloom, Aug 3, 2021
    Last edited: Aug 3, 2021
  3. JW86

JW86 Member

Can this guy actually be a PG? He seemed to play that position at least in this game.

hakeem94 likes this.
  4. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

He is a combo guard.

mac_got_this likes this.
  5. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

STONE YOU MAGNIFICENT b*stard!

Shark44 likes this.
  6. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

If he improves his 3 point shot to around 30 percent in a year, it will be a boon for us.

ROXTXIA likes this.
  7. Dash

Dash Member

He has Dwayne Wade upside. Best case scenario, we just got the next Kobe and Wade

linvetb6 and hakeem94 like this.
  8. Dash

Dash Member

Yeah hope you right but I just think Garuba is so behind offensively, it's going to take some time before he can play heavy minutes. I see him as a Thybulle type of player in his first year. Elite defensively but still struggled because of his liability on offense

Jalen Green OnlyFan and hakeem94 like this.
  9. cheke64

cheke64 Member

describe royce white vibes

saleem likes this.
  10. Dash

Dash Member

I don't see the Royce white comp at all, on or off the court

11. Reeko

Reeko Member

if he’s making as much of an impact on the team as Jalen Green this year then yikes…that isn’t good

12. futilman

futilman Member

Kobe and wade?? At least be somewhat realistic. Best case is Beal and Jrue.

13. Reeko

Reeko Member

Did I just see someone say this dude has Dwyane Wade upside?

-_-

saleem and csc177 like this.
  14. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

I love this dude's personality. So young and he sounds so polished in these interviews. He may have a future in TV... AFTER HE IS A HOUSTON ROCKETS HOFer!!

#14 DreamShook, Aug 3, 2021
    Last edited: Aug 3, 2021
    HardenVolumeOne and Sluball3 like this.
  15. Dash

Dash Member

Beal and Jrue have nothing on Jalen/Josh when it comes to freak athleticism

16. Dash

Dash Member

Yup I did

17. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

If he improves his 3 point shot to around 30 percent in a year, he will probably lead the team.

ba da boom TSH (high hat)

18. Dash

Dash Member

Josh even admitted to watching alot of Dwayne Wade and tries to pattern his game after him

linvetb6 likes this.
  19. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Well, then I'm convinced. We have the next Kobe and Wade with Draymond and Kevin McHale coming in from overseas. What a draft haul!

ElPigto and BMoney like this.
  20. Reeko

Reeko Member

Derozan did the same with Kobe, does that mean he had Kobe upside when coming into the league? Stop disrespecting Dwyane Wade