1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Harden to play game 5. Those picks looking better and better

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by mac_got_this, Jun 15, 2021.

1. mac_got_this

mac_got_this Member

Those draft picks starting to look better and better potentially. Maybe the Brooklyn big 3 don’t plan on being together long because they playin a dangerous game with this decision. It’s not the end of the world if they couldn’t win this year and Durant would have a built in excuse with the injuries to harden and kyrie but they’re making a desperate decision here like theirs is their only window to win when in reality I could’ve easily seen them winning 2 of the next three trophies after this season.

If this series breaks the nets (who lets admit aren’t the mentally strongest stars in the league ), we might be looking at lottery picks and swaps

2. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

You optimism is....admirable.

Rocket River

3. Nook

Nook Member

James Harden is a warrior.

Kevin Durant is a warrior.

Kyrie is lazy but has no problem taking and making big shots.

4. DonatelloLimestone

Mentally strongest? Kyrie and Kd were both guys taht hit two of the clutchest shots in history to win the championship. It kind of contradicts the idea that they wanted soemoen to carry them to titles, they both were the closers.You don't take the most pressure filled consequential memorable shots that you'll be rememered if you miss or make if you don't want that or believe in yourself. that said, of course we know they are some peculiar characters in how they engage off the court.I'd bet many are, these guys just show it and I dont really worry about that narrative

But all in all I agree with you. I'd wait till its truly backs aainst the wall next game if you must, but we saw what happened with KD in toronto. I would not push an injury like this and risk the future.

I'm never going to wish injury upon any player even while I realize this can be the beginning of a gold mine for the rockets, so lets see what happens

#4 DonatelloLimestone, Jun 15, 2021
    Last edited: Jun 15, 2021
    D-rock, Nook and mac_got_this like this.
  5. mac_got_this

mac_got_this Member

I might question his leadership qualities but I can never call Kyrie lazy. I don’t see him cheating the game when I watch him play. He’s 100% percent effort when he’s on the court

6. Fantasma Negro

7. Ramo$e

Ramo$e Member

IDK best of luck to Harden hopefully he don't make it worst! KD can't win one game solo to give him more time?? smh

8. DonatelloLimestone

Exactly, if anything to play the way he does shows a penchant towards innovation, pushing boundaries, creativity that only comes after entire mastery. Sort of like the kobe system, you keep going on up. These guys are committed ballers. They're 100s of millions are guaranteed, yet they continue to push the needle, be great, do great things. Its silly how these narratives take place just because kyrie walks into the game like Moses.[​IMG]

I do wish I had a teammate like that back in my days. Not really focusing on the court, I think it would just be hilarious to have a guy walking in with a prehistoric stick and challenging everything about the government in the locker room to people who mostly don't care. You do you, Kyrie. I'd pay to watch him and tilman have a conversation

RedIsen, D-rock, Zen Tabak and 2 others like this.
  9. Reeko

Reeko Member

they are going all out now because u simply never know what will happen in the future

all they need to do is get past Milwaukee and Philly, and then they could be facing PHX, Utah, or LAC in the finals

Do we really think any of those WC teams would beat the Nets?

10. Nook

Nook Member

Ehh he plays hard when he wants to play hard. I have certainly seen poor effort defensively at times and I have seen him look disinterested when the offense isn't going through him at points. The difference is that he usually steps it up for important games and he isn't afraid of the moment.

saleem likes this.
  11. Nook

Nook Member

The narrative exists because Kyrie sits out games, appears disinterested in others and hasn't really worked on the defensive side of the game. He is a very innovative player on offense as long as he gets his touches. He has an exceptional handle, is quick and a deadly shooter. However he could be more than that.

Zen Tabak, saleem and ElPigto like this.
  12. DonatelloLimestone

Yep, things are looking pretty good for the east. Milwaulkee, Philly, Brooklyn can smell the blood. The west would be down to two teams with almost not finals experience or championship vets in Utah and Suns(although chris paul can handle that), Clippers are going to be a noted problem though in any case. they seem lackluster in their consistent effort or organized offense, but they just have dangerous weapons, athleticism, and defense when they want to be a problem.

Nets have a small window anyways which each year they will be judged if they win the title or bust, lkewise with clippers. Clippers are on their 2nd year of the expierment where as brooklyn is really hte first with their guys. Not being able to hold onto jarret allen since rockets wanted the pick really hurt them, it came down to them giving a pick to the clippers for Shamet the year before. #AllfirstroundpickLivesmatter

Reeko and Nook like this.
  13. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

I wish him luck. I hope he wins a chip and returns to Houston when that contract is up.

Fyreball, fattz, D-rock and 3 others like this.
  14. mac_got_this

mac_got_this Member

Philly will be easier for the Nets compared to whoever comes out there west. They’re not beating the clips or Suns without the big 3.

I refuse to give the Jazz any credit or compliment

15. DonatelloLimestone

I agree. Kyrie is going to the beat of his own drum almost entirley. Hes shaping how much he wants media to access, how much games are important to him, and hes good enough where they put up with it. He is like Royce white if royce white brought something to the organization outside of complaints and whining. That said, I think hes brilliant in how he comes at the game. Given how low to the ground he plays its miraculous that he is such an elite and creative finisher and can break down almost any defense and as a fan, while hes incredible exciting to watch, maybe the most out of the big 3 soley for entertainment.

The only reason I think it can work is this is their creation, the big 3 chose this and the players and actors involved and as vets who have won titles sans harden they have an idea of what it takes and what it will take for them to adjust. Injuries haven't worked with them but that is also the nature of teh game. ITs a fun team to watch and I'm not a big fan of Milwaulkee who seems inable to adjust after years although I'll give giannis credit, each year he is continuing to work on his shot and when that pull up is respected, he is almost unstoppable at that point.

Nook likes this.
  16. mac_got_this

mac_got_this Member

I hope he ended his career in Brooklyn. I appreciate Harden but that time has passed. I’d rather Kawhi. Or someone younger

Ramo$e likes this.
  17. DonatelloLimestone

How about that, Harden/MDA vs Tucker in the semis,

possibly bringing up the match up against Morey in the conference finals...

possibly meeting Chris Paul in the finals...its a rockets reunion, but don't worry, we don't need em, we got culture and the culture guy, theguy who wants to do a suspend-able, non basketball act in the playoffs. brilliant Hes going to implement them soon right, the tilmanisms? is he waiting till we make sure we avoid the repeater tax or until lebron and michael jordan come back to which he'll pay for them for sure?

#17 DonatelloLimestone, Jun 15, 2021
    Last edited: Jun 15, 2021
    D-rock likes this.
  18. Reeko

Reeko Member

they could certainly beat the Suns or Clippers with 2 of the Big 3 present

D-rock likes this.
  19. DonatelloLimestone

Sometimes I have this mentality. Won't take my ex back either because I'm waiting on Angelina Jolie to call me. So me and you are in line, we're reaching for similar odds.

20. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member