1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Old skool Rocket fans, what former rockets player was a treat to watch the most

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by mac_got_this, Feb 27, 2021.

1. mac_got_this

mac_got_this Member

Try not to let things like rings dictate your decision.

I know it’s going to come down to Dream vs Harden for most

For me it’s TMac. Dude was just so gifted. I was a big fan before he came to Houston and I’ll be the first to say that we didn’t get the best version of Tmac The Orlando version was much better offensively. But even still Tmac was a special player. I guess it’s why I don’t take the Harden conclusion so tough as everybody else because I felt the most disappointment with TMac. Especially the way he left but even Morris I think my mind changed on Tmac the year Artest was here and he ended his own season for premature surgery without consulting the team . I used to defend And champion Tmac against Kobe but that year showed me he didn’t care about winning as much as Kobe. I believe Harden gave his all to Houston before this year. I think Tmac did too before the artest season. I really believe if him or Yao is there for the entire playoffs that we most likely see a finals appearance that year. But it was too much to overcome no Yao no Tmac and no Mutumbo.

that said TMac was definitely the most gifted Rocket I got to see. His court vision was just as good as harden (better IMO) defensively it’s not even a comparison. Offensively he was the better player to me because he used the entire floor on offense. Miss me with the efficiency because it was a different era and I like Harden more when he short two’s. IOC it’s one thing I wish he had equivalent to Harden was his passion for basketball. Harden hoops year round. He loves to play the game of basketball. Tmac I never got that feeling that he truly was in love with the game. Not like Kobe and Lebron.

#1 mac_got_this, Feb 27, 2021
    Last edited: Feb 27, 2021
    Ramo$e, BallaDoc and Jayzers_100 like this.
  2. HP3

HP3 Member

Danuel House.

JayGoogle, hajkov, Jontro and 4 others like this.
  3. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

Mad Max was very entertaining :D

4. withmustard

withmustard Member
    Supporting Member

Bob Sura was amazing in his season with us.

kjayp, 523744, joshuaao and 3 others like this.
  5. vator

vator Contributing Member

Ryan Bowen because he always looked like he just went on a cocaine bender right before the game. I was amazed and confused at how this man with seemingly no discernible NBA talent was somehow on an NBA team and getting minutes in actual games occasionally. Two Sandwiches and Pig Miller get honorable mention. Pig Miller played with a freaking toothpick in his mouth.

kjayp, B-Bob, joshuaao and 4 others like this.
  6. charlieaustin

charlieaustin Contributing Member

Depends on your definition of "treat to watch". Calvin Murphy was fun to watch as an undersized guy that could score and shoot lights out. Moses was fun watching him dominate down low and on the boards. One guy that the broadcasting guys mentioned during the last game was Larry "Mr Mean" Smith. His defense and rebounding was incredible for a guy his size. Ralph was a treat until the injuries got him. The things he could do at his size were amazing. Ok, I didn't play fair since you said "player" but these are a few somewhat outside the most obvious.

7. Jayzers_100

Jayzers_100 Member

T Mac was also my favorite player to watch. I would try to imitate his jump shot because it looked so fluid; particularly when he would palm the ball behind him (I couldn’t actually palm it) then just slither up and kick his feet out during the release way above his head. He was just smooth

Kevooooo, Jontro and bmelo like this.
  8. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

Chuck Hayes

IF he would have been 6-10 he would have been a superstar.

9. mac_got_this

mac_got_this Member

Smoothest rocket player I got to see(I wasn’t around for prime dream). Made the game seem so easy and effortless.

Kevooooo likes this.
  10. Rockets4Life13

Corey Brewer

B-Bob, Jontro and juanm34 like this.
  11. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Akeem Olajuwon, of course.

[​IMG]

BamBam, kjayp, TEXNIFICENT and 6 others like this.
  12. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

Any X Rocket with heart

kjayp, crimsonghost and juanm34 like this.
  13. Wulaw Horn

Wulaw Horn Member

14. xaos

xaos Member

Not trying to pick the obvious answer but watching Hakeem do some of the things he could do really was a treat even at a young age

15. DCSLaw99

DCSLaw99 Member

The DREAM!

Killatron 2000 and juanm34 like this.
  16. jayfree

jayfree Member

DMo and it ain't even close!

17. mac_got_this

mac_got_this Member

I can imagine. Watching his YouTube highlight(especially from the championship season) I seen him doing thing never again replicated by a true big. I was watching a Dream mix the other day and I can kid you not, one play I rewinded at least 10 times. Took up my entire lunch break

18. Sean Dr34ms

Sean Dr34ms Member

19. juanm34

juanm34 Member

Besides The Dream-

I enjoyed watching Yao-

ScoLandry-

And Francis n Mobley playground ball.

Killatron 2000, Ramo$e and Jontro like this.
  20. basso

basso Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Lewis Lloyd.