1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rotation Minutes Thread

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Spacemoth, Nov 29, 2020.

1. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

It happens every preseason. Call your shot. Obviously it won't hold true since there's gonna be a lot more load management this year with the limited offseason recovery time. Mine:

Minutes per game (240 total):
    Harden 36
    Tucker 34
    Westbrook 32
    Gordon 28
    Wood 28
    House 26
    Boogie 18
    Nwaba 14
    Brown 12
    Tate 12

If you prefer:
    Westbrook 32 / Harden 16
    Harden 20 / Gordon 28
    House 26 / Nwaba 14 / Tate 8
    Tucker 32 / Brown 12 / Tate 4
    Wood 28 / Boogie 18 / Tucker 2

Injury minutes for Caboclo and Clemons. RGV relegation for Martin, Jones, Wooten. Queen and Thomas are in the Vincent Edwards territory between RGV minutes vs being cut.

Silas is a Carlisle disciple so you hope that he is able to keep the rotation expanded. Honestly, MDA was good at expanding the rotation in the regular season, better than McHale and JVG that's for sure. His problem was turtling up in the playoffs and having our 7.2-man rotation exhausted by game 3 of a close playoff series.

2. HP3

HP3 Member

Tucker at 36 playing 34 minutes a game, sheesh man. Well what the hell. Tucker must hate that Covington is gone LOL.

Bo6, daywalker02 and saleem like this.
  3. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

It's sad to see that Tate and Martin will have to take Ro-Co's minutes. Wood is excellent on offense, but not so useful on defense.

daywalker02 and HP3 like this.
  4. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I can see Westbrook playing 30 minutes.

It is not about the minutes IMHO, he wants to be traded because he wanted his OKC floor general role back. He could critique any players back then.

He'll play this season out and demands the same request next year.

Roc Paint likes this.
  5. eric.81

eric.81 Contributing Member

Where's BMac?

6. Swapshop

Swapshop Member

No its just OP is Mike on his burner.

kjayp likes this.
  7. DM'sVP

DM'sVP Member

Made it simple.

Call me crazy but I think Bruno gets in the rotation this season. If not, then more minutes for Tate and Brown. Wish we had a more traditional backup 4 but I think Bruno could fill that role.

I’m intrigued to see if Cousins and Wood can play together with Harden and Westbrook. I’m sure Harden can play with that duo but idk about WB.

Westbrook 30/Gordon 18
    Harden30 /McLemore 18
    House 30 /Nwaba 18/Brown
    PJ 25/Coboclo 15/Tate 8/Martin
    Wood 30/Cousins 18

fattz and D-rock like this.
  8. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

My bad. BMac probably sees 15-20min a game, but by the end of the year rotation it will really all come down to his defense regarding whether or not he can have a rotation spot in the playoffs.

D-rock, eric.81 and saleem like this.
  9. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

Depends . I think there might still be another move .

Silas is also a Morey disciple in that your roster doesn’t have to be finished game 1 of the season .

I hope we build guys slowly , give days off , and commit to developing guys . Cousins won’t be ready day 1 . Wood needs to get time to learn how to play with a true superstar .

House is a major question mark . Good enough for a 25 mpg role . Reliability concerns and how things ended last season are gonna linger imo .

Harden and WB should start at 30 , Gordon at 26 and Clemons getting 10 a game , more when someone rests .

maclemore , house , And tucker are our best 3 point shooters . They can each have 20-25 mpg . More when hot or dictated by matchups . Tucker can also play big

bigs we now have wood and cousins when healthy . If their level of play is good , wood could command 30 mpg and cousins 20+ . more in the playoffs .

we have a slew of rando guards and forwards that will scrap for the remaining minutes . Silas will play 9-10 guys a game , I just named 9 but Clemons could fall out and cousins might not be ready . Tate , nwaba, our recent signees , Gerald green maybe ?

I really do think they will keep James and WB and Eric and PJ’s minutes a bit lower this year . #1 Silas . #2 short offseason #3 trade value higher. 4# it actually helps us if we look to contend .

But I don’t think the roster is set yet . It could be minor stuff , or major shakeups. Your guess is as good as mine

D-rock likes this.
  10. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Westbrook(32) / Mac(16)
    Harden(18) / Gordon(24) / Mac(6)
    House(24) / Harden(16) / Gordon(8)
    Tucker(30) / Wood(12) / House(6)
    Wood(20) / Cousins(28)

That’s my guess if everybody is healthy at the start of the season. I don’t know where Cousins is at health wise though. Nwaba/Tate could also break into the rotation as well.

11. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

Westbrook 32 mins
    Harden 34 mins
    House 28 mins
    Tucker 30 mins
    Cousins 25 mins
    C Wood 28 mins
    EGo 22 mins
    Ben McLemore 14 mins
    D Nwaba 14 mins
    Sterling Brown 7 mns
    Cabaclo 6 mins

or

PG) WB (26)...............Harden (6), Ben McLemore (10), Nwaba (6)
    SG) Harden (28).........Westbrook (6), Eric Gordon (14). [Nwaba/Sterling would get mins here if not for EG]
    SF) House (21)...........Eric Gordon (8), Nwaba (8), McLemore (4), Sterling Brown (7)
    PF) Tucker (23)..........Wood (18), House (7)
    C) Cousins (25)..........Wood (10), Tucker(7), Caboclo (6)

Las season: WB (35.9 mins), Harden (36.5 mins), Tucker (34.3 mins), EGo (28.0 mins), House 30.4 mins)
    McLemore (22.8 mins), Cousins (18/19 GSW) played 30 games & started 30 games at 25.7 mins per game.

per 82games.com
    19/18......exception Cousins (18/19)

PG).............@ position team %...........PER @ position........opponent PER @ position.......
    WB..........................57%......................................24.9......................................15.3
    Harden....................11%......................................38.1.......................................23.9
    Nwaba.....................3%........................................20.6.......................................20.4
    Ben McLemore........7%........................................11.5.......................................16.7
    EGo did not get scored as point guard

SG)..................@ position team %..........PER @ position.........opponent PER @ position.......
    Harden......................53%.......................................33.7.......................................17.7
    WB.............................1%........................................23.2........................................5.7
    EGo...........................12%.......................................13.5.......................................19.7
    Ben McLemore...........34%......................................13.9.......................................17.7
    Sterling Brown.............6%...(Bucks)........................10.6.......................................20.1
    Nwaba.........................3%....(Nets)..........................14.9........................................9.4

SF).......................@ position team %........PER @ position..........opponent PER @ position....
    Harden..........................6%........................................32.2......................................17.7
    House...........................34%.......................................13.3......................................11.9
    EGo..............................16%........................................10.6......................................12.8
    McLemore.....................4%..........................................17.3......................................30.1
    Sterling Brown..............13%.........................................12.2......................................13.3

PF)...........................@ position team %........PER @ position.........opponent PER @ position....
    Tucker..............................37%........................................10.2......................................18.1
    House..............................19%.........................................12.7......................................17.8
    Wood (Pistons)................22%.........................................24.2......................................21.4
    Sterling Brown...................1%.........................................10.2......................................24.8

C).................................@ position team %.........PER @ position.........opponent PER @ position....
    Tucker.................................33%........................................9.6.......................................21.3
    Wood...................................19%.......................................37.4.....................................24.4
    Cousins.(18/19 GSW)..........19%.......................................26.2....................................23.5
    Cabaclo (19/20 Grizz)...........2%.......................................10.5.....................................18.4

A trade of Eric Gordon would bring more minutes to Nwaba, McLemore, Sterling Brown. After bringing up trade value. Rockets have an over abundance in combo-guards (SG/SF’s). IMO.

#11 ApacheWarrior, Nov 29, 2020
    Last edited: Nov 29, 2020
    kjayp likes this.
  12. Le$$

Le$$ Member

C. Wood (32) Cousins (16)
    Tucker (25) Cabaclo (13) House (10)
    House (20) Mclemore (18) Brown (10)
    Harden(22) Gordon (18) Brown(8)
    Westbrook(30) Harden (10) Gordon(8)

Thats my minutes. Team 10 Deep. Nwaba and Tate come in if blowout.

13. jerryclark

jerryclark Member

Yea how are we going to find minutes for all of these d leaguers

HP3 likes this.
  14. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

if MDA were still around he'd be doin those minutes while battlin much larger 5s...

I think he will be moved - or logging about 28 mpg - with a very limited # being at the 5... imo...

HP3, MettaWorldPete and ApacheWarrior like this.
  15. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

i want some time with both Boogie and Wood on the floor together... it'd be nice having that big body people have to account for - and then having Wood fly in for the swat!

not a lot of minutes - just a few to put a lil fear in folks... we havent had a fear factor in some time...

roslolian, D-rock and Dankstronaut like this.
  16. TimDuncanDonaut

On paper House was a starter, after bubble, I'm inclined to put BMac as a starter over House.

BamBam likes this.
  17. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

maybe flip Wood for Tucker at power forward

18. Moahst

Moahst Member

I don't think Wood will start initially. We'll see. We could see a Russ/Harden/Gordon/House/Tucker line up for a while.

19. PWR

PWR Member

Russ(30)/Harden(18)
    Harden(14)/EG(18)/Mac(16) House(10)/EG(10)/Tate(14)/Nwaba(14)
    Tucker(28)/House(16)/Wood(4)
    Wood(28)/Boogie(20)

Highest minutes- Harden and Wood at 32 since they are most versatile.
    10 man rotation.

20. D-rock

D-rock Member

If healthy, Nwaba is definitely in the rotation.

And like @snowconeman22 I believe there is another move ... or two.